Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2009, 05:47 PM

Dog Shampoo

Can anyone reccomend a very nice dog shampoo that i can use on my springer? I dont mind paying that little bit extra, her coat is very nice now and extremly soft but i want a little bit more of a nice smell from it lol.

Anyone have any good brands that they use? Or any web links that would be helpful? Also it needs to be good enough to use at least every 3-6 weeks, depending on the weather
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Groomers

excellent products, used & recommended to me by genuine groomers and good value for money.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Groomers

excellent products, used & recommended to me by genuine groomers and good value for money.

Is that the ones Pets At Homes do, as that's the one I use. I only use the Puppy Shampoo in that range and that keeps the dogs lovely. I think there are other types of Shampoo in the range though.

I always used to use Vetzyme years ago before the days of Frontline, which kept my pooches flea free but I think there are lots of chemicals in it
EmmaWatson
New Member!
Female 

31-07-2009, 06:20 PM
I use coatex aloe and oatmeal on my stinky basset and its fab
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Yes, PAH do carry some of their range, but the website has a lot more! Also some grooming salons sell their products.

I've not dealt directly with them myself, but they are very helpful if you have any queries: my local salon called them to enquire if their shampoo for white dogs could also be used on my [meant-to-be-] white cat who likes sitting under cars and decorating herself with engine oil. (Answer: yes, as the products don't contain anything harmful).
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Ah ive seen that groomers in pets at home, wasnt sure if it was good or not. I didnt like the lable much lol. May try it tho
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-07-2009, 07:31 PM
Virbac sebocalm, excellent as it is neural ph and doesn't strp natural oils. Online pharmacy or vets only.
Windhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-08-2009, 11:51 PM
I usually use Vetzyme JDS for the first shampoo to make sure that any unwanted passengers are eliminated! and then depending on what type of coat is involved I use sometimes Vitacoat,who make a variety of different shampoos suited to particular breeds,(such as Teeki for Afghans,Yorksheen for yorkies,Bleu Fonce,which is great for white coated dogs and many others) there is a new brand called "John Paul" which is made by Paul Mitchell who is a Human shampoo manufacturer,and they make different types one of which is called Cleansing and it is very mild and gentle and smells great. There are so many dog shampoos out there,I think for you it would be a case of trial and error.Good luck
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2009, 06:52 AM
3-6 weeks???????

Blimey, we're more like 3-6 months. We also just use Bob Martin puppy shampoo as it's really cheap and his coat is so soft and shiny with it.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Crazy Dog Baby Powder flavour
My favourite and everytime they get wet they smell of baby powder!
Becky
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >