Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
phil2009
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-02-2009, 08:52 AM

what dog food do u feed ur dog?

hi all just thoght it would be good to see what we all feed our dogs on.

Please post what kind of dog food u give ur dog and why. Its only a fun thing thought it would be good.

well we started on wagg as its cheep and we fead our last dog on wagg and the coat on him was nice and shiney so we thought wed feed pheobe (border collie) it to but i feel like she needs something better so i thought id ask u all what u feed ur dog/s.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 09:09 AM
I feed mine either on Burns or on Viking (an independent food owned by some friends of mine).

They seem to do very well on it. One of the Viking foods was developed specifically for BC's and they do seem to do well on it.

I have 3 BC and Bc types also a Pointer X and a GSDX.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 09:13 AM
Hi I used to feed Wagg after changing from a food recommended by the kennels where we got our dog, but it was far too high in protien. I did some research into various foods, as my dog had loose bowels, bad wind etc ! and i have just changed her over to CSJ lamb and rice sensitive and its great. Its got 26% meat in it and Wagg only had 4% !! so is mostly cereal.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 09:20 AM
Jack is fed James Welbeloved kibble, mixed with JWM soft food pouches which is also a complete food as well, he's an active Border Collie (is there one that isn't ) we do agility with him and he is fine on it. It's the only food we found that he would eat readily although untill JWB brought out the pouches he was fussy about that, and still to this day he will only eat the Lamb flavoured ones, well what do you expect from a Border Collie
Miranda53
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-02-2009, 10:08 AM
My toy breed dog is also on JWB wet pouches as well as Royal Canin mini dry. Just guess which one she prefers!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Chicken carcasses, breast of lamb, chicken wings, tripe etc etc
MickB
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-02-2009, 10:35 AM
We have fed a variety of foods over the years. One we really liked was Techni-Cal - a canadian complete food but a bit expensive over here. We used a cheapie - Dr John's Gold for a while with good results, but then went on to Purina Proplan which, again was very good but quite expensive. Then about a year ago, we came across Best Choice - a german complete dry food, which we decided to try. We have been very impressed by the results, so we are sticking with it.

Mick
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2009, 10:52 AM
My lot are raw fed at present so mainly chicken wings, but also lamb necks, various minced meats (rabbit is their favourite), heart/liver once a week, pilchards once a week, raw eggs, live yoghurt etc.

I used to feed Burgess Supadog Sensitive, which was really good but PAH stopped stocking it. I do have a small bag of dry food in but usually use this as treats - it has to be wheat gluten free as i have one who is intolerant.

Other than that they get hide chews, hooves, large marrow bones etc as well (oh and beansprouts for some reason they are going nuts for at present)
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Arden Grange Lite for the fatboys, AG Premium for the skinny bird.
Plus chicken wings for breakfast to keep their teeth clean.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 11:30 AM
James Wellbeloved Kibble and Wet Food Pouches.

Changed mine over very gradually to Royal Canin (had heard this was a better food and my new Vet stocks it). However, Bambi had a major allergic reaction to the RC (covered in hives) so have changed them all back to James Wellbeloved.

Mine also have a chicken breast between them every mid-morning for training.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »