Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Fantastic idea Unfortunately, I'm a bit far from Wales but if any were to come up that need 'investigating' in my County, I'd certainly be willing to offer help Just hope I got out of the place though without being handcuffed! 'Subtle' NOT being my middle name
LOL, me too, in both sense. I'm in!
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Those pictures have literally had me in tears.

KCJack you are a pain in the **** sometimes but when it comes to this you are a better person than me. I simply could NOT do this, although I wish like hell I could.

To me this is similar to the flack I received from some people when I went to Vietnam and volunteered for the Red Cross. The argument being that it's because it's a communist country that they are in this position in the first place and going over to help the babies and disabled children is showing the government that they don't have to care because someone else will. Well, yes BUT I had to do it. I had to go over there and do my little bit to make those children lives happier. Why? Because if I didn't and no one else did, then their lives would remain but they would not be anywhere near as happy and fulfilled.

The arseholes that have caused these poor girls to be like this should be shot. ****ing ********!!!
Well Pidge you are a pain in my ass but really appreciatte that and I couldnt do what you did in Vietnam and truly admire that.
O bless we having a hippy love in
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 08:34 PM
OK. Have just donned my flares, drawn CND sign on my Doc Martins and shoved my long, lifeless hair into a headband.

Still don't get why I'm a pain in your ass though, I'm doing a better job with our first springer than you clearly did with yours.

Will you keep us updated with the girls? I can't get this situation out of my mind to be honest and whilst I could handle the orphans I am rubbish with animals. I volunteered at a Dog Sanctuary in Thailand once and didn't even last a day. There were so many very sick pups I just didn't know how to cope.

Keep doing what you do and well done to you, just be careful, make sure it's the right thing to do and be nicer when you post about it ;o)
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Keep doing what you do and well done to you, just be careful, make sure it's the right thing to do and be nicer when you post about it ;o)

I am ignoring that bit, I know what I do is 100% right
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 11:35 PM
Those poor girls. Well done for refraining from slapping that woman too. Could you just send those photographs and a copy of the vet reports to the licensing authority? Every little bit of info that makes them look bad will surely hinder them getting their licence renewed?
spot
Dogsey Veteran

12-02-2009, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by JanieM View Post
I completely agree with this and is just what I wanted to say.

Thank God at least a few of these poor souls get a second chance at a happy life.
I'm not in the position to have another dog right now but if I was I wouldn't have any qualms about having a ex-breeder or stud. I really don't see that rescuing these dogs is perpetuating (sp) the PF problem, as has been said they would be shot or worse anyway so why not rescue them?
The only way is to stop people buying from these places and educating that these PF's can be very deceptive by having the pups in the house and not allowing access to the mum to view.
This is easier said than done I know. We live in such a "me, me, me" society where pretty much anything is available to buy and some people just don't care about where their puppy comes from and they think they have some divine right to have a pup. Makes me mad. This is what keeps these scum in business.
It's sickening.
Great post - trust me it does give these rescues the faith to keep going on when they know some people out there do support them.

To go back to my previous point - if greyhoud rescue stopped it wouldnt stop racing at all, its only education that has bought the decline in numbers supporting itl

Thank you
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Those poor little dogs I can only imagine what sort of a life they have led so far.

Well done Kcjack and anyone else involved in rescuing dogs from situations like this.

I don't have the answer to the puppy farming problem, but know I could never turn my back on any dog in need.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2009, 03:43 PM
My Dad bless shim stayed up to 4 feeding Izzy a couple of spoonfuls every hour as yesterday morning she collapsed trying to go outside as was so weak and todat she been able to go out in his garden with their cavaliers and thats only in 48 hours.
And Zoe ran in circles when me and other half came down to lounge today and defo picking up.
And both have amazing reitrement homes with retired couples if they pull through.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
My Dad bless shim stayed up to 4 feeding Izzy a couple of spoonfuls every hour as yesterday morning she collapsed trying to go outside as was so weak and todat she been able to go out in his garden with their cavaliers and thats only in 48 hours.
And Zoe ran in circles when me and other half came down to lounge today and defo picking up.
And both have amazing reitrement homes with retired couples if they pull through.
Oh, kc, you've made me cry again. This time with happiness though. Your Dad is an angel! Such kindness.

You're doing a fantastic job kc (and your lovely Dad). I'm crossing everything that these girls do pull through. They need to feel kindness from humans before the end of their days. They must already be thinking that humans are okay after all, after the love and care they are getting now
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Glad they are picking up a big
What a great dad
Page 8 of 15 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »