register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2016, 07:43 PM
Oh Griff, I hope it gets sorted and you feel better very soon.
Wasn't thinking was I, never even considered getting your immune system in a tizz,just trying to find a way to alleviate the pain you're in.
When will Mark hear about the job, Lynn
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2016, 08:18 PM
Evening all. Had an interesting and varied day today, took Cassie out and then did a good water change and deep clean on the tropical tank.
Cleaned the upstairs windows inside and out, then washed down paintwork, changed the curtains and nets upstairs as well as a complete change of bedding. Popped out and hired a rug doctor for 48 hours and cleaned the carpets upstairs, stairs and landing. (taking it to my aunts tomorrow and doing her flat) Then while waiting for carpets to dry took Cassie up the fields and had a lovely walk. Back home cut the wallpaper ready for hanging while waiting for soup for lunch, very enjoyable and then off to Wyevale Garden centre to pick up green neons for the tank got 6; so now got 12, also saw false juli cory so brought 5 of those too. installed the new comers all happy coloured up great. Seeing the Christmas decorations etc at the garden centre fetched the tree down and set it up and then put up the foil ceiling decorations..... had a takeaway chinese for dinner lovely.

Griff hope you sort of come right.
Brenda lovely dogs of your daughters do I assume that Lyra is the Mom to be, a lovely girl.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2016, 08:35 PM
Well you just wore me out there Kazz,I need to sleep
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2016, 09:25 PM
I'm back from a slow and what seemed a treacherous journey to Ely with fog floating across the roads from the fields. No lights round here so very dark windy roads with dykes either side.
Phew glad it's over.

Mark will here Friday they said. They have had loads of applicants and he doesn't feel he will get it. The store is Next's flag ship store and very prestigious everyone looking for promotion wants to work there so he feels there will be others more qualified.
He enjoyed the interview though and felt it went well.

Kazz wow what a busy day.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-12-2016, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
took Cassie out and then did a good water change and deep clean on the tropical tank.
Cleaned the upstairs windows inside and out, then washed down paintwork, changed the curtains and nets upstairs as well as a complete change of bedding. Popped out and hired a rug doctor for 48 hours and cleaned the carpets upstairs, stairs and landing. Then while waiting for carpets to dry took Cassie up the fields and had a lovely walk. Back home cut the wallpaper ready for hanging while waiting for soup for lunch, very enjoyable and then off to Wyevale Garden centre to pick up green neons for the tank got 6; so now got 12, also saw false juli cory so brought 5 of those too. installed the new comers all happy coloured up great. Seeing the Christmas decorations etc at the garden centre fetched the tree down and set it up and then put up the foil ceiling decorations..... had a takeaway chinese for dinner lovely.
I feel exhausted just reading all that
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-12-2016, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I'm back from a slow and what seemed a treacherous journey to Ely with fog floating across the roads from the fields. No lights round here so very dark windy roads with dykes either side.
Phew glad it's over.

Mark will here Friday they said.
Thanks for posting Lynn, I had forgotten about those dykes, when I was in my twenties a friend ended up in one No serious injuries but he was lucky.

Sending 'good luck' vibes to Mark, hope it goes his way.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2016, 09:38 PM
Thank you Harvey.
That must of been traumatic for your friend. Even worse ending up in the river outside the house.
There have been incidents here with cars and drivers ending up in it when it has been very icy in the past.
Hoping to avoid that to.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-12-2016, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
my dad has me in hysterics talking about his own cars...when he starts on about his 1st capri we all know whats coming.......daytona yellow with a black vinyl roof Lol and it had the foot pump washers Lol
Foot pump washers - what luxory, I don't think the basic Mini came with any kind of windscreen washer

Hope you get your body sorted, and don't go messing with the immune system, like June said that is a no no.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2016, 10:02 PM
Glad you're back safely Lynn, and you never know, if they feel Mark is right for the company,even if he doesn't get that particular job, they may offer him something. I am very hopeful for him
Remember the Capri when it came out, needed a block of concrete in the boot otherwise the back end whizzed round on you when going round the roundabout
Hoping LG went on alright at the hospital today
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2016, 10:14 PM
I appreciate everyone's suggestions TW...it's just I don't know exactly what acupuncture does...if you get what I mean lol. My dads xjs is mint for the back end going in the snow, I still laugh my head off at that...me drunk in the passenger seat and heading home with the back end twitching everywhere and me convinced I was going to die lol
Lynn, let's hope Mark gets it....you never know, the same thing could happen to him as did me...I went for a job, got turned down and within a day had a call to say they wanted to take me on as well...at least someone in this world spotted my awesomeness lol
Harvey, I rolled down an embankment in a defender once....I think there is nothing worse than ending up in water though
Kazz, do you ever just stick your feet up??
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >