Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rambo&daisy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-01-2009, 06:10 PM

agoraphobia

HELP!! can some one please tell me if its possible for a dog to have agoraphobia? my 3 month old puppy has been walking for a while now but every now and then he protests about going out and then when he is out he is allways anxious to get home again and when hes out he dosent want to run anywhere after a ball or anything unless im doing it to its great for me for the exercise but i aint the dog lol well atleast i dont think i am??

steve
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2009, 06:29 PM
It sounds like a typical 3 month old pup to me. The world is abig scarey place and having you as security is important.

We used to have this with Bruce, he used to be playing with the girls one minute and hiding behind our legs the next....nothing had happened, it was just a ''I'm not too sure about this scarey place'' but things soon level out as they get older. Maybe walking with another dog (if you have a mate) will help
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Just a puppy thing
enjoy it - and use it to train that really great recal
in a couple of months time the world will be a really exciting place and you will be wishing you had the velcro puppy back again
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2009, 06:41 PM
At 12 weeks old lots of pups behave like this, it is a big strange world out there and sometimes they would rather stay were they feel safe. Just keep trying but don't use force.
rambo&daisy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-01-2009, 06:42 PM
yes we just got another pup a rottie cross staff bulldog shes 7 weeks old so to young to walk but when shes able she will be going far lol i dont supose you could give me some advice on what to feed the 3 month old rottie/belgian shep pup. ive tried a local dog food and that dosent work and james wellbeloved plus some the vet gave me wich was royal canine but he still has really loose stools. ive tryed scrambled egg and rice to see if this works but made it worse. im now going on to arlen grange puppy/junior chicken and rice hypo allergenic hopefully this will sort him out. i noticed if i dont feed him for a day this clears him out and his stools are tight again but after a few more feeds he has runny poo again.
any help would be much appreciated.
steve/ diane
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Monty is just over 3 months and although he loves going for walks he enjoys getting home more. He gets more excited at the end of a walk than the start! I was a bit worried about him at first but he gets more confident outside everyday. i know it sounds daft and people i walk past probably think i'm a nutter but i talk to him most the way round the walk and it seems to help him!!
Adele-84
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Maisy is now 17 weeks and still very wary of the big bad world, she lies down everytime a car comes past, and sometimes pull towards home, after about 5 mins she relaxes more. It takes time and a gentle hand, lots of praise when they are behaving normally, but when she lies down or cowers down I ignore that behaviour. You'll get there!