Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Colchicine 500 micrograms one tablet three times a day, on the second day I had some stomach pain so stopped taking it, luckily the big toe was back to normal so didn't need to contunue with it.
I can not recall his dosage but I do know it's the highest one available. The main, and most common side effect is diarrhea. Usually chronic for as long as you're on it, and cramping as well. When you have extremely severe gout that is crippling and causes you to be disabled, the diarrhea is not even an issue.

You are lucky in that your gout only attacks one joint. It attacks my father's elbow, big toe, and mainly his knees. He has like bracey things to wear to ease the pain when moving, but he refuses to wear them because he is on a trip that they are for old people and he doesn't need them. I wonder how the cane he uses isn't for old people? He's really something else.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2015, 12:06 AM
MANDY,one article said it could take 6 months Really hope thats not the case and Lauryn feels better soon xx
TW,get off the phone!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2015, 12:10 AM
LOL was having a soak, have broken all records for phone conversations the last few days, but am on respite from it now. Sorry to hear Sarah isn't so good again, poor girl I really hope she gets a decent nights sleep and there is improvement overnight, as long as you don't scoop up yellow snow to boil I gather that you will all be fine
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2015, 12:14 AM
Appears we're having snow tomorrow Don't tell NJ On 5% charge not me,my ipad Think that means its time for bed Will pop on tomorrow night,see you then.
Sleep well all,Goodnight xx
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2015, 12:15 AM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
MANDY,one article said it could take 6 months Really hope thats not the case and Lauryn feels better soon xx
TW,get off the phone!!
Thank you, I saw that too, keeping positive, will see what the doctor says xx
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2015, 12:17 AM
Goodnight Eileen, hope you sleep well and Sarah too
I'm off to bed, good night everyone
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2015, 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Ive heard of it Mandy, as far as I know it involves treatment with anti inflammatories and rest. Heavy lifting and straining that could put pressure on the cartlidge is to be avoided.
She's got a giant bottle of Gaviscon and ibuprofen gel. She was told taking ibuprofen tablets was making her worse so she takes paracetamol when really bad. Not helping much though. The rest is the hard bit, doing pe makes it worse, her school though insist on making her still get changed in pe clothes and walking round, and helping carry stuff. I need to have a word I think.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2015, 12:21 AM
Poor iPad its near collapse worn to a shred it is Forecast is cold and dry here overnight and tomorrow, then snow on Wednesday. Keeping an eye on the river and hoping it'll drop enough to get Mabs and Keshi on for a gallop, then I can do a little work with Kesh. Lona and Mabs were stars today, came away from other dogs the minute I whistled them, just need Keshi to tune in
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2015, 12:24 AM
Mandy are the school totally off it you need to be having loud words, that is not on and they need to know they are actually making it worse with that sort of attitude
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-01-2015, 12:30 AM
Give them a right rocket Mandy - Lauryn shouldn't be doing anything heavier than lifting a book. She won't get better if they are going against medical advice.
Page 8 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >