Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2017, 06:48 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 14th May

Good morning everyone, Had a bit of a lie in this morning.
Last night's tv was abysmal I am afraid. I usually listen to Richard Spendlove on Essex Radio on a Saturday night from 9 o'clock lots of old records but guess what because of the Eurovision Song Contest that too had been suspended. I was not amused.

June, sorry to hear the girls have been in the wars again, what has brought this on I wonder.

Lynn, glad you got your tyre and wheel sorted out.

Hope everyone is all ok both two and four legged friends.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-05-2017, 06:53 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Good morning everyone, Had a bit of a lie in this morning.
Last night's tv was abysmal I am afraid. I usually listen to Richard Spendlove on Essex Radio on a Saturday night from 9 o'clock lots of old records but guess what because of the Eurovision Song Contest that too had been suspended. I was not amused.

June, sorry to hear the girls have been in the wars again, what has brought this on I wonder.

Lynn, glad you got your tyre and wheel sorted out.

Hope everyone is all ok both two and four legged friends.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Good morning to you too Moyra and all others.
The rain came down it bucked loads when I was uo earlier 05:00. Stopped - for now.
We might have a dry walk.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-05-2017, 07:27 AM
Morning Moyra, Besoeker and all who follow.

Wet here but trying to brighten up we have looked at the forecast for Warwickshire and it's brightening up with showers. So we will go as planned to the Bernese garden party. meeting our friends Tim and Cindy from Welney there.
Possibly catch up with some other acquaintances and a friend from Harlow to.
Trying to do things quietly and discreetly so Dillon doesn't end up in a barking frenzy of excitement knowing we are going out for the day.

June is it Zen's paw or mabs ? Hope whoever it is they are better today and the war dies down.
griff how is your head today ? We watched murder in successville on catch up Mark and I thought it was going to be rubbish but we haven't laughed so much in a long time it was hilarious.
Gorden had heard good things about it.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2017, 08:49 AM
Good morning everyone

Oh dear Moyra your landlady doesn't like people having hobbies. I can't see having fish tanks is going to hurt as it is you and Steve having to live with them. I could understand it if you are knocking holes in the wall etc.

Enjoy your day out with all the other like minded people Lynn. No doubt Dillon will be a star.

Hope the weather has improved for your walks Besoeker so you don't get too wet.

Hope allis quiet on the western front June. Zend is really pushing the boundaries. Hope training goes well and the weather is kind to you.

Was very wet when I got up but the sun soon appeared although it is clouding over again now just as I put the towels in the wash. Have potted on my cabbage seedlings so fingers crossed they survive. Put the sprouts out yesterday and the rain has done them good. Have netted the strawberry plants to stop the little brown pest from getting to them first. I am so cruel to her

Had a large dog hunt here yesterday looking for a a14/15yr old Jack Russell who disappeared in the woods whilst being walked. She is very much into chasing rabbits etc so they are hoping she hasn't disappeared down a hole. Hope she is found soon or has just managed to find her way home.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2017, 09:49 AM
Mornig all.

Heavy rain during the night and early morning eased off about 8ish and now nice sunshine and a lbreeze so got a line of washing out. Buster settled on the sofa I am settled in the chair watching an old Celebrity masterchef (dip in and out watchable telly) nothing planned but a nice roast beef dinner.

Moyra Wonder why she asked him to reduce the number of tanks I suppose in case of a leak. The sand waterfall sounds good, a picture when done would be much appreciated, I winced when I heard such a weight of tank in a bedroom then remembered you were on the ground floor.
June Why on earth such a kickoff ; do you think it may be because in keeping Cariad indoors at night disrupts the "pack" hope it settles.
Sue Hope the JR has been found one way or another, you have inspired me I am going to have a go at growing carrots - Buster loves a carrot so does my brothers old Westie Alfie so not growig lots but going to have a go.
Lynn Hope you have managed to get sorted without a red alert dog.........sounds like a nice day.
Besoeker Hope you got your dry walk sounds like our weather is similar.
To everyone have a good day............
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-05-2017, 10:45 AM
LOL its Mabs who was hopping, doesn't seem to be too bad this morning. Its all over Cariad being poorly, Kazz. Zen is having a pop at her, Mabs (Zens mum) is protecting Cariad and Zen gets floored each time, she screams like she is being murdered, total sum of her Injuries so far is a toothmark in her leg, so she is a Diva.
Started off nice this morning, then it began to go dark and we've had heavy rain which has passed over and blue sky and sunshine now. May put the girls umbrellas up later if it gets too warm.
Have a lovely day out Lynn and enjoy yourselves
Sue I hope they find the dog, not a fan of JR's but wouldn't want to think of one stuck after chasing rabbits
Moyra noir surprised you want to no if you are even having your fishtanks monitered Find somewhere soon and hope she gets the Tenants from Hell
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-05-2017, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Besoeker Hope you got your dry walk sounds like our weather is similar.
To everyone have a good day............
Thank you kindly Kazz.
Heavy rain in the early hours but it's been dry since. We've had one long walk, about five miles. We'll get a couple more in later. Even if it rains. Max doesn't like the rain but tolerates it and he has a raincoat.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2017, 11:28 AM
Right totally peeved off and almost had a row totally unlike me. Walking Buster and I have just been out nice walk about 45 minutes total at my speed at the moment and Busters (always LOL) about half we round we reach the main road into the estate and on the other side I hear shouting look up and a good sized man is calling over to me while trying to hold onto a rather chubby/solid choc labrador who he is holding with two hands. I can't hear him so sort of indicate to myself and and a can't hear mime. I have no clue who he is or his dog and I know most people if only by sight especially dog walkers there is a family crossing towards me and the lady who I know says "he's telling you to move away as he is coming to cross the road and his dog does not like Staffies" she is by now stroking Buster as she says " the dog nearly had him over just." Now I am on my way home which is parallel to where he is. So I shout over on my way home down by the shop, and point to the corner shop about 500yds away from where I am, and continue to walk. Well he goes ballistic shouting " *ing staffies should not be allowed......." all this while holding his now baying dogs lead which is now wrapped round a tree not sure if that was intentional or not as I did not see. I carry on and he continues I look across as he almost falls over the dog is going madder than before. Then a lady I see often appears my side with her husky (young dog excitable but well mannered) the husky is still walking nicely but having a bark at the baying lab, me and Buster who I admit is watching the lab but still walking quite nicely. The chap is still screaming about Staffies.......I am thinking bloo*y idiot I od is passing to the Husky owner who says "Where did he escape from" neither of us stop; then the two youg men/lads (I know them through my nephews footie team) at the bus stop on my side of the road shouti at him "her dogs great its you who should be put down" as I get level with them I say "Thank lads but leave it eh" they pat Buster and I continue as I get to the corner of my road he shouts "I know you watch it" well that was it just as I turn I see out of the corner of my eye twoPolicemen (never see a police on here really) they were in the corner shop (since discovered and came out when someone said about a nutter screaming) they approach me and say "leave it Ma'm we'll deal with him to which I say I will be back when put the dog in. As he shouted "I know you watch it" Malcom my ex postman who lives behind where the chap was with his dog was on his drive with some of his fellow bikers they started to go towards the chap and was saying "Whats that supposed to mean mate eh" the policemen hurried over I carried on home dropped Buster in and went back up by now the chap is sort of surrounded by Malcom his mates the two lads from the bustop who appear to have become about 5 now, as well as the hubby and the lady who first told me about the "hatred of Staffies" they turned back when they heard him shout, a couple of people from the shop I know well and the policemen. Don't think this chap has any idea that my estate is kinda close knit. He apologised to me and I said "No problem, but next time you see me I suggest you walk the other way" The group sort of broke up at this, had a chat with one of the policeman they have his name and address and I came home..........what a walk. Last seen the chap was being towed by the lab back the way he had come still barking and baying. The police were going to talk to him at home.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-05-2017, 12:09 PM
OMG Kazz I thought I had the copyright to this type of walk, it is so bluddy funny, but at the same time pitiful. If he concentrated on controlling his own dog the world would be a better (and quieter) place!!!! Buster has a Gold Star for his excellent behaviour and a big hug from us all here
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2017, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
OMG Kazz I thought I had the copyright to this type of walk, it is so bluddy funny, but at the same time pitiful. If he concentrated on controlling his own dog the world would be a better (and quieter) place!!!! Buster has a Gold Star for his excellent behaviour and a big hug from us all here
I think it was purely the distance between us, and of course that Buster of course did not realise he was the cause of the shouting.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >