Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 11:08 AM

How did you meet your OH?

I always find peoples stories of how they met their OH interesting, how did you meet yours?
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Well I'd just broken up froma really bad relationship and really didn't want to be bothered with men at all when my brother said to me "Come and meet Graham". I said "Who the hell is Graham?" and went with him very reluctantly. My bro knocked on his door (he lived next door to my parents and I didn't know!!) and he didn't answer so he went round the back of the house. In the meantime Graham opened the door and saw me. I thought he was well fit!! He was so very nice and kind and loved everything I love. I couldn't believe it. I thought he must have a partner, he was too nice not have one. But he didn't and had not long got divorced. Having low self-esteem at the time I really didn't think he'd fancy me but he did and he asked me out!! It was lovely, he was lovely and the rest is history!! We're now married and we're both the happiest we've ever been
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 11:32 AM
E-Harmony... Our 1 year anniversary on the 19th of this month
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2011, 11:52 AM
I was a barmaid, and he came in with some friends. Married for 16 years now
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2011, 01:10 PM
On a blind date.

We were both 17 and my cousin was going out with his friend and asked if I wanted to meet someone. We all met up on a Monday night, had a few drinks and he asked me if I wanted to meet again. Said yes so we arranged to meet on our own on the Wednesday night. The only problem was that we are both as blind as bats but this was when contact lenses were so expensive to buy so we both went to the meeting place, without any glasses on, and didn't see ech other. It was absolutely bouncing down with rain so I stood in one doorway, he stood in another for an hour and then gave up and went home. My cousin then got her boyfriend to pass my phone number on, and he rang me on the Thursday and we arranged to meet again on the Friday but in the same doorway. We met and got on like a house on fire when we were on our own.

And on the 24th March this year, it will be 25 years since we first met.

I have to say that I'm so glad we agreed to meet again as I couldn't imagine being with anyone else. To me he is the best thing since sliced bread!
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 02:23 PM
My best friend had met a new man and wanted me to meet him. We went round to his house for lunch and his friend happened to be there too. I didn't pay him much attention but did notice his gorgeous long brown hair

Anyway after we left he apparently couldn't stop asking questions about me so my friends boyfriend told her and they both arranged for all 4 of us to go out, not really a blind date but more or less

It will be our 11th anniversary this year Oh and my friend split up with her man not long after I got together with mine
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 02:28 PM
John and his first wife were clients at the vets I worked at....................... we have been married for nearly 35yrs!
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 02:44 PM
online, everything moved really quickly we were near enough living together after about 6/7 weeks. Now we have our own place nd expecting out son in July
ATD x
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 02:55 PM
First week,first term,of University....have been together ever since...27 years.....17 years of them married.
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 03:21 PM
At school, I was 15, he was 17. Married when I was 22, now coming up for 30 and still fab It'll be our 7yr anniversary this June.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »