View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2008, 07:46 PM

Plea for help from South Gloucs Dog warden..

Permission to X post

Hello All

We are in a worse state than we have ever been in the 8 years I have done this job!

We have 10 dogs at this moment needing homes, by Friday we will have more, we only have 12 kennels and if we get any more dogs in WE WILL BE FORCED TO DESTROY SOME of them, I cannot bear to do this as all the dogs that we have have come in a terrible state, we have got them all treated and on the mend and now we may have to make the decision to destroy, it is just not right………we need help.

Please everyone look at our website www.southglos.gov.uk go to index, then D, then dog of week. The dogs that have been with us longest are Fly, Arthur, Nellie, Nora, and Zeb. Apart from Fly all of these dogs are friendly with people and other dogs, Zeb and Arthur I know like cats, I haven’t tested the staffis yet though. The staffis are lovely little staffis who have poorly treated and deserve a chance, THEY GET ALONG WELL TOGETHER AND HAVE SHOWN NO AGGRESSION TO ANY OTHER DOGS.

By Friday if nothing claimed, and it looks like it won’t be, we will be looking for homes for a blind spaniel, a gorgeous young male rotti, and 3 legged terrier as well.

PLEASE IF THERE IS ANYWHERE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP RING ME, CELINE 01454 863824 OR 07810180750
EVEN IF YOU ARE A LONG WAY AWAY WE WILL TRY TO GET TRANSPORT SORTED
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Oh no... poor dogs...

I am in in love with Flash Gordon.

Kismet is still poorly, recovering from a mystery tummy bug, I can't tell you how tempted I am. But I really shouldn't bring another dog in until she is all the way recovered and then... I promised no more than three dogs until we move into a bigger house, hopefully next year... but for that little face.. I could be tempted to break my rule... What about foster homes? Are only full adoptions considered?

Please keep me posted on him. I will not be able to sleep if he is destroyed
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 08:11 PM
Flash Gordon took my eye too and I was wondering about Foster homes.
Oh I hope something is sorted out really soon, poor things
jada
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-12-2008, 08:21 PM
Oh I hope someone comes forward to help these poor dogs
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 08:21 PM
OMG

Poor dogs.... Zeb has stolen my heart...

This is why I want some purpose built kennels in the garden, then I can take on dogs like this....

Hope they find forever homes soon
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 08:45 PM
I wish i could help. Their stories have broken my heart
I hope someone has the space and time to take them on. good luck sweethearts, i'm rooting for all of you xxxxx
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2008, 09:14 PM
If anyone can offer help of any kind please contact Celine direct ASAP
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 09:31 PM
with a little boy only 2 and a dog aggressive staffie I am very sad that I cant help - those two gorgeous staffie girls would be on their way to me otherwise ;(

really hope they all find loving homes for christmas.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 05:19 PM
relieved to see Flash Gordon is moving to a greyhound rescue centre. Many of the others look like their moving to another rescue centre too. Is the crisis averted?
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-12-2008, 06:16 PM
X posted an update

Please can we say a huge, heartfelt thank you to eveyone who offered to help us in our hour of need. We have now homed or secured rescue places for almost all of our unclaimed stray dogs who were under threat of destruction. We still have the two young male Staffie crosses looking for homes but all the others will now be safe including the two Staffie bitches that we have nursed back to health after finding them in an appaulling condition. They are going to an absolute angel in Wales who will care for them and find them new homes. Many of those who have agreed to take our dogs are already under great pressure with those they have so we really do appreciate their help and everyone who has publicised our appeal.

Thank you from the Dog Wardens at South Glos council xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >