Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2008, 02:18 PM

Sad Max - JRTxSBT

Max is looking for a new home as his owner died on friday. He is staying with our dog sitter at the moment in Hampshire.

He is a 7 year old JRTxSBT who is friendly with people and dogs. At the moment he is living with four dogs and our dog walker reports that he is fine with those dogs and also with ones he meets when out on walks.

He was brought up with grandchildren visiting and can be left, but seems to cry intially - not surprising really with the upheavel he has dealt with recently.

If anyone is interested please contact me and i can put you in touch with Nikki, who he is staying with at the moment.

Here he is.

honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Aw bless him.

Hope he finds a loving new home very soon xx
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Aw he is lovely poor wee guy x
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2008, 07:47 PM
Poor lad, he wil be wondering where on earth his owner has gone too. Good luck Max.xx
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Little up date - not great news!

Max went to a new home on friday(Not sure if it was a trial run of not), but he bit the man so he was going back to our dog sitter on sunday. She was going to quizz him to try to find out what happened, and why.

She thinks Max has got his own way for most of his life and isn't used to doing things he doesn't want to. Sounds like he is going to need an experienced home who are fair but firm and use positive methods, no forcing him into situations that he is not happy with.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Max is a lovely boy , he must be feeling vey confused at the moment . Sometimes I think people expect too much too soon
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
Max is a lovely boy , he must be feeling vey confused at the moment . Sometimes I think people expect too much too soon

Yes, the dog walker will quizz the man to try and find out what happened, but maybe if the man really knew what happened...it wouldn't have happened in the first place.....if you get what i mean.

That was his third "home" in two weeks, so he must be very confused at the moment. He has met Tonks and they just ignored each other apparantly. My OH's mum was thinking about taking him for a trial run, but that isn't going to happen now he has bitten someone. She isn't at all experienced (her last JRT was very very spoilt and growly apparantly, and she hasn't had a dog for 15 years). I don't think she would be the right person for Max, he would have her to himself for 6 days a week and then have to cope with three lively/noisy (but lovely) grandsons on the saturdays with a new grandchild on the way in January.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Dogs like Max have to be given time and space to settle . Maybe the man expected him to behave like an established member of the family too soon .
Maybe the dogs Trust could help ?
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
Dogs like Max have to be given time and space to settle . Maybe the man expected him to behave like an established member of the family too soon .
Maybe the dogs Trust could help ?

Yes maybe. She wants to keep him out of kennels, so i think would prefer him to stay with her until a home can be found. She home checks for a couple of rescue organisations including Akita rescue and the RSPCA so hopefully the right sor tof home will turn up for him soon.

Haven't had any interest from on here yet.........anyone interested?!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Poor boy.
Sounds a lot like my Missy she was 7ish and bitey when we got her.
Missy is an only girl, otherwise I would be tempted. Sorry, Catrin, but that's no real help to you. I do hope he finds a forever home soon. x
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >