Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post

Do you think anything would have changed your mind, once you got there - e.g. if you found out that the owners hadn't been entirely honest about something?
I never had any doubts tbh both were upfront and answered all my questions in great detail. One had aggression issues, one had health issues and training issues etc. They were the reasons I took them on, they needed me or someone like me, not a novice..Still in touch via email with both sets of previous owners too. No regrets at all.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2008, 02:35 PM
We weren't looking for one, I was browsing the British Dalmatian Club website and wandered into the rehoming section... (woops)

There was an advert for a small 11.5 year old male who needed a foster home or forever home urgently and with it there was a little picture of this odd shaped little dog sat looking so pitiful.

I showed mum, she fell in love and we phoned up about him.

Rehoming sites/sections are now blocked on our system...
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-10-2008, 02:38 PM
We always said we would like 2 dogs, and did research to see what dogs were good with cats as we have 6 cats, 4 of them rescues.We wanted a Lab and a Boxer, but kept finding Collies were supposed to be good with cats.We had an open mind about the breed,after this.I bought a local paper one day and there was an article about a local dog rescue.I logged onto their site, and immediately fell in love with Brinley who was looking for a new home he is a Collie/Staffie x , they said he was good with cats, while we were waiting to be contacted for a home check we mentioned to our vets that they might be contacted by the rescue for a reference, and they phoned us the next day and asked if we would take a tiny Collie pup who another vet had taken off a farmer who wasn't feeding her.It ended up that we had Brinley on the Thursday, and Betty on the Friday.Luckily it was love at first sight for the 2 of them, and they are both very good with the cats.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Do you think anything would have changed your mind, once you got there - e.g. if you found out that the owners hadn't been entirely honest about something?
They weren't honest with us, but they dropped him off here. And we weren't going to give him up after he'd come to live with us.

We agreed the only instance in which we may have took him back to dally welfare was if he was bad with the cats but he was fine with them.

We were, however, told that he was good with other dogs and good off the lead (info from previous owner, he was rehomed via dally welfare straight from prev. owner's home) neither of which is true and it's been a hard slog but worth every moment.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
They were the reasons I took them on, they needed me or someone like me, not a novice..
It shows quite clearly in your photos just what a good home they have with you and how well they have come on with you

Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
Rehoming sites/sections are now blocked on our system...
Don't tell my OH how to do this I think he's getting to be resigned to the possibility of another addition at some point
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2008, 02:40 PM
I wen to look around the dogs home and spotted Michael straight away, he just sat very quietly looking at me as I walked around the other kennels he wateched my every movement. I took him and Suki (my existing dog) to the yard let them both off the lead and that was it.
ATD x
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
It ended up that we had Brinley on the Thursday, and Betty on the Friday.Luckily it was love at first sight for the 2 of them, and they are both very good with the cats.
Wow, I bet they kept you busy for the first few weeks, lovely to hear that it worked out so well

Originally Posted by ATD View Post
he just sat very quietly looking at me as I walked around the other kennels he wateched my every movement.
Sounds like another case of being chosen rather than doing the chosing
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-10-2008, 02:50 PM
You could say they kept me busy for the first few weeks ! They still do ! Its very different having cats and dogs thats for sure, I wouldn't be without any of them though.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Our latest I just saw a picture of him on a website and fell in love ! Luckily he fitted in perfectly with our little clan and is now inseparable from our Mollie dog.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-10-2008, 02:57 PM
It's funny the way something just draws you to them when you're not even looking. With Milan there was very little info online other than her age and a tiny photo. nothing to make her stand out from the rest. Yet she was the only one I responded to. I emailed out of curiosity and the whole story came out regarding her dodgy start in life. Being rehomed at 14 weeks and found wandering the streets at 8 months in a very sorry state after being shot with an airgun, miles from where she was rehomed. Going to Battersea and via them back to her original owner. Who was about to move to Dubai with work. I just couldn't say no. A few minor things we were told have not proven to be so, but I just think that's a case of new home new start.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >