View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luckypirate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-06-2010, 05:13 PM
We used to have a focus estate for agility shows and such before it died because my Dad did so many miles. Good car though.
We now use a micra, but the boot is waaay to small.
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Iv'e got three dogs here,2 which weigh around 50lbs and one much larger at 95lbs and i would not comfortably fit anyone of them in the Fusion. Mind you saying that i have always used a crate in the boot space of any vehicle and the angle is quite steep on the Fusion seats so not allowing an adequate size crate.If the dogs were loose then you would probably be ok.
Your have to wait a long time until you reach my age as i'm 102 or that is what i feel lol.Joking apart i don't know when your insurance would come down but you need to build up some no claims discount first i would imagine.I did find that my recent insurance quotes [renewed 2 weeks ago] did vary a lot in price and i was with eVan and their renewal quote was £269 and i did a quick internet search and found Direct Choice at £154.....Cheers..Ian.
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-06-2010, 06:19 PM
We used to have a Renault Clio. It was great for the dogs. The boot was only small but it had split seats in the back so you could either fold a single seat or a bouble seat down to make more room for the dogs.
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by kirsty_ View Post
i though the boot on a fusion was quite big?? Hes not a huge gsd, he would easily fit into say a golf hatchback.
I cant wait intill my insurance goes down, £154 thats reaally cheap! Im 22 so do you know when mine might come down. I passed last september
I'm 23 and like I mentioned, my insurance on the 2l diesel C-Max is £700 but that includes my partner. I passed in 2005 but have only had my own insurance for just over a year. If I took my partner off it would be about £550.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2010, 09:35 PM
I have an Omega estate and I fit 5 dogs into the boot with ease (Greyhound, 2 Lurchers, Collie and Collie X). We're getting a new Zafira soon and that will be big enough too.
BigBearsRule
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-06-2010, 06:49 AM
Ive got a VW Passat Estate, I can get 2 Newfies and a Collie in the boot with the seats up. Alternatively 1 St Bernard, cos shes a big girl. Lovely car to drive.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5