Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2006, 07:15 PM

A feeling of being lost and vunerable

Hey,
I think i just need to chat, im feeling very strange right now, but the weird thing is everything is going great, my job is going great, the dogs are great, me and OH are as fab as ever, but recently ive been doubting the path im choosing, im doubting how im living my life, what im doing. But i dont know why, i should be soo happy, and i am, but theres a little niggling in the back of my mind, asking me if this is really what i want, is this how i really want to live my life, i feel compleatly lost and soo alone, when really im surrounded by people who are supporting and loving me! Any ideas as to why im feeling like this will be welcomed, i came up with the conclusion that its because me and OH are getting really serious with each other, i may be analysing everything and worrying about whether im doing the right thing and if this is how i want to live, who i want to be! when really i couldnt imagine live without my OH , i love him so much ! but why do i feel soo lost!
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2006, 07:39 PM
i wish i had the answers for you i really do but i dont , all i can say is were all here if you need us and i think i can talk for every one on here when i say that , maybe your just having a down day , we all getthem from time to time and they do pass i promise , hugs being sent to you {{{{hugs }}}}}
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2006, 07:54 PM
When I've felt like that it's either because things are going so well and I am scared something is going to ruin it all...This is when I know I don't want change I want to keep everything as it is but worry myself sick thinking that it's to good to be true.

Or I've felt like that when I really need to make a change but I'm being to scared to make it...But I always make sure I carry out what I need to do because if you don't it gets worse...

Deep down you'll know what the problem is Gems

Best wishes
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2006, 08:34 PM
thanks both of you i really appreciate the advice, i just dont know what im trying to tell myself !!!
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-02-2006, 09:23 PM
Gems , I think sometimes when things are good you start to doubt yourself .. I know I do sometimes and then you get the ''is the grass greener thoughts '' ..if you're truly happy with what you've got ,then embrace it and love it for what it is ..it may last ..it may not...but love it all while you have it
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2006, 09:46 PM
Sorry you're feeling so in limbo Gems, but deep down I think we all feel alone no matter how much we are loved by those around us or how well everything's going in our life. It's almost as if you think as Mysch. has said that things are going to make a turn for the worse, as it's just not right that life is so good. Quite honestly, I would definitely make the most of what you have, coz life is one big rollercoaster ride imo, one minute you're up and next things aren't quite so good. Maybe you're the type of person who needs something to worry about, and at the moment everything's going so smoothly you miss that? Some people do you know! I'm the Worlds worst worrier! Maybe you're lacking in excitement and don't like being in a nice comfortable rut? Whatever you do, think very carefully before changing any paths you're currently on, as things might not be the way you want. Hope you sort yourself out you should feel on top of the World right now by the sounds of it! Good luck!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2006, 10:06 PM
Aww Gems, I bet you feel better already having gotten that off your chest? Basically I can only repeat what everyone has already said, it will pass hun it's just one of those things. Maybe if you had a think about some goals you would like to achive in life, could be absolutely anything, and then work towards them. I know I always get restless when I have nothing to work towards!

I remember a few years back a had a credit card bill, I finally paid it all off and it should have felt like a weight being lifted but I was lost! I didn't have anything to worry about anymore and it totally stumped me! I have to have a very busy and hectic life otherwise I get restless like you are now. Hence the 3 dogs

Anyway good luck, I hope you feel better soon xx
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2006, 07:19 AM
Thanks again I sometimes think im a drama queen and unless there is nothing to dramatise i get bored, maybe thats the problem, or maybe im just waiting for something bad to happen like mysc said, im not sure!! its driving me mad!!!!
thanks everyone! xx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2006, 10:13 AM
Happens to us all Gems, hope you get it sorted in your head, may just take some time for you to figure it out or the feeling will pass. We're here if you need us xx
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2006, 10:58 AM
gem i know how you feel, im like this now......but in my case its becuase me and OH are about to buy a house together and i am approaching finishing my first year out of uni so im still getting used to full time hours.

I feel lost and pensive because i always said i dont want to be an office 9-5 job, im more inteliigent than this job requires and I love my OH to bits and worry that its too good to be true and he will eventually get sick of me. but for now i'll chill

What will be , will be.

Alex