Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 08:43 PM

Another Dog at the Vets!

Two weeks after picking Misty up, I was back at the vets, this time with Gracie!

The clever bean that she is, decided to jump a fence today, she never does this, she usually waits until someone lifts her over.
The fence she decided to climb had barbed wire along the top, and she has mananged to catch her leg and cut it open on her stifle (I know thats the term for horses!).

I took her to the vets, and he said that he will clean it out and stitch it up, but I can take her home once he had done it, as it will only take about an hour! She was very reluctant to go with the vet and let me leave the room, as she doesn't like new situations!

She was sedated and then had a GA in her leg, so that she didn't have to go completely under!

She was so pleased to see me when I went to fetch her, she was just a bit dopey!

She has got to wear a cone when she is unattended, and is on antibiotics for 7 days. We've got an appointment to go back to the vets on Tuesday for a wound check, and the stitches will probably come out after about 10 days.

So, that's Gracie in the house now! I'm not sure how she's going to find it, as she has never lived in a house! If she copes well, and settles in the house, I might see about keeping her in permantly!

x
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 08:53 PM
oh bless her, I hope she heals quickly.

So what does she think of the house so far?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Misty-Pup View Post
Two weeks after picking Misty up, I was back at the vets, this time with Gracie!

The clever bean that she is, decided to jump a fence today, she never does this, she usually waits until someone lifts her over.
The fence she decided to climb had barbed wire along the top, and she has mananged to catch her leg and cut it open on her stifle (I know thats the term for horses!).

I took her to the vets, and he said that he will clean it out and stitch it up, but I can take her home once he had done it, as it will only take about an hour! She was very reluctant to go with the vet and let me leave the room, as she doesn't like new situations!

She was sedated and then had a GA in her leg, so that she didn't have to go completely under!
She was so pleased to see me when I went to fetch her, she was just a bit dopey!

She has got to wear a cone when she is unattended, and is on antibiotics for 7 days. We've got an appointment to go back to the vets on Tuesday for a wound check, and the stitches will probably come out after about 10 days.

So, that's Gracie in the house now! I'm not sure how she's going to find it, as she has never lived in a house! If she copes well, and settles in the house, I might see about keeping her in permantly!

x

so she did go completely under
poor girlie ,im sure she will adjust nicely to her new surroundings
maybe it was a wee ploy on her behalf,she may be one step ahead of you
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Poor Gracie that sounds painful. I'm sure she'll like your house fine!
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
so she did go completely under
poor girlie ,im sure she will adjust nicely to her new surroundings
maybe it was a wee ploy on her behalf,she may be one step ahead of you
It's what the vet nurse lady said to the guy that fetched me to the vets. Who knows eh!

She is fine, a bit nervous of just about everything in the house just now, she's curled up by one of the chairs, sound asleep!

She isn't that bothered by the wound at the moment, she's licked it a couple of times this morning, when she was having a general wash.

x
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2009, 11:36 AM
What some dogs will od to get into the house
I do hope she heals fast and her cone doesn't cramp her style
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Lucky for Gracie, I didn't go out on the shoot day, so she isn't having to wear her cone, because I am in!

She has been walking into everything when she is wearing the cone. The fridge, the door, my legs, the washing machine! I'm trying to minimise the amount of time she has to wear it!

Her stitches look fine, she's not bothered by them, but I am sure they will start to eventually!!

x
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Misty-Pup View Post
Lucky for Gracie, I didn't go out on the shoot day, so she isn't having to wear her cone, because I am in!

She has been walking into everything when she is wearing the cone. The fridge, the door, my legs, the washing machine! I'm trying to minimise the amount of time she has to wear it!

Her stitches look fine, she's not bothered by them, but I am sure they will start to eventually!!
x
they shouldnt do,unless they are too tight or infected.x
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
they shouldnt do,unless they are too tight or infected.x
She keeps laying funny on the leg that has the stitches, and when she gets up, she looking at them, and she's started to lick them a bit more frequently now!

She's just loving being spoilt and not having Misty annoy her! I think she might get used to this!

As I type, she has been sat licking and trying to have a teeny chew on them! Naughty Gracie!

x
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Poor Gracie, that sounds nasty. I bet she is loving it in the house though

Hope she heals quickly
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >