View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2012, 12:55 PM
I feed Rayne and Luna separately, one in the living room and one in the kitchen separated by a baby gate as Rayne used to be very food aggressive with other dogs - having been an only dog for a while she never really learnt her manners at meal times, although is fine with people around her food and will happily sit and wait until she is told otherwise.

She is much better now but I just don't want to take the chance. A momentary lapse of concentration on my part could be catastrophic especially given their size difference.

Treat wise they are always separated usually with one or both in their crates.

Max and Tara both eat in the same room however, Max always finishes first but knows to wait until Tara has finished before going anywhere near her bowl. Again he was an only dog for a while, but Tara soon taught that bolshy boy some manners when she arrived
scout75
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2012, 01:16 PM
I have two males and they always eat together. If I put their bowls further apart, by the end they have pushed them together.

Same with bones, they have the whole garden, but will get up and move so that they are eating beside each other so I just let them get on with it.

They are both polite though and would never go and try and take the others food/kong/bone etc
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Great pictures!

Wish mine had got such good manners - they'd cheerfully see the others starve just to get one more mouthful.
scout75
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
Great pictures!

Wish mine had got such good manners - they'd cheerfully see the others starve just to get one more mouthful.
Hehehehe.

I am very lucky, Shilah will sometimes leave a bit in his bowl and even when he has walked off, Kofi won't touch it unless I go out and tell him he can. It makes me laugh as he could just take it and I wouldn't even know...but he doesn't.

http://s767.photobucket.com/albums/x...2-19-11-13.mp4
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
Mine are in the same room, but in separate corners and supervised
This is how I feed mine too
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Mine all eat in the same space, be it in the garden with bones or in the kitchen with their food in bowls. I've never had a problem feeding my boys in groups. The resident dogs have always educated the new dogs when they first arrive and it's never gone past a growl. I can safely leave all of mine in their kennel together at work and know that they won't fight over a bone. If one dog has something another wants they wait, once the other has left it they can then step in to have it.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5