Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Secondly I would say all your training to her reactivity has paid off she didn't bite she just put the rude dog down and waited for you and the stupid owner to collect the dog and move it on. The same as any dog with a rude dog in its face would more than likely do especially as your dog was in a working mentality. So I would say you and Keiko have done extremely well with the training.
This.

On my cycle ride this morning the lodger decided to snap at a Rottie sized dark brown Lab that bounded over to say hello insistently. Did the trick - it left. The other owner was pleased. I was less pleased. Since having teeth marks left in him by something large the lodger can be inclined to tell certain large interlopers to "get lost" just in case - I'd rather he didn't - but he's not going to want to "Say hello" while attached to a bicycle.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2012, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Sosha View Post
This.

On my cycle ride this morning the lodger decided to snap at a Rottie sized dark brown Lab that bounded over to say hello insistently. Did the trick - it left. The other owner was pleased. I was less pleased. Since having teeth marks left in him by something large the lodger can be inclined to tell certain large interlopers to "get lost" just in case - I'd rather he didn't - but he's not going to want to "Say hello" while attached to a bicycle.
Yes exactly. I really don't want her to dislike other dogs. I hate that she reacts to some dogs, but she is what she is and although we work on it, other people make it so difficult. She's fine so long as they don't get in her face.

One issue we often have is that people want their dogs to be friends with the 'cute Husky' and make a beeline for us.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3