Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-04-2006, 05:18 PM

As Kali approaches 12.....

Kali Kolsson will be 12 on Monday (24/4/06), so I thought I'd "honour" him with a small brag.

He retired from the show rings in the wee Orkney agricultural shows when he was 10. The bl@@dy judges wouldn't look at him when they heard his age and he would get miffed when he got nothing. Anyway, during his career, he has had:

1 x 2nd
2 x 3rd
2 x 4th
1 x 5th

Which I don't think is too bad for a wee farm dog with no pedigree, and who wasn't expected to get anywhere (just entered to be seen to be taking part in a community activity). he could have done even better if he had learned to behave properly (it wasn't through lack of trying!).

His little ribbons hang on the wall of our hall, where visitors can marvel at his prowess!

Well done, Kali, my friend, you've done much more than we asked you to do!
We've got something nice for your special day, but you're going to have to wait until Monday!

Snorri
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2006, 05:20 PM
wow what a dog.
sweetmimi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-04-2006, 05:53 PM
aww hope you have got him something nice What a fantastic record he has
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2006, 05:57 PM
aww kali has done you so proud snorri and what a way to celebrate him you have great respect for your boy and this is so fantastic
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-04-2006, 06:08 PM
We have pigs' ears and jerky set aside for him: he and Snorri have tons of toys, and don't need any more. He got a new bed for his Christmas (a soft one), so we figured he'd rather celebrate by eating! Hopefully, the ears won't make him fat, because the vet has said that his weight is just on the right track for a good chance at an extended active life - which is what we really want for him.

Snorri

P.S. - what he used to get as a "Birthday Dinner", he gets every day now (real meat, from the butcher). As I type, he is lying on the floor, watching Mrs S making our dinner, even though he wouldn't like it (salad with feta cheese). Come to think of it, I could imagine him tucking into the cheese, given the chance!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2006, 06:10 PM
aww sounds like hes going to have a fab birthday spoilt for choice as well and why not after all the years of love and pride hes given you they are well worth it
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-04-2006, 06:13 PM
Hi Snorri,

He has done very well, all attributed to you and how you have cared for him. Hope there are many more years to come!

Ian
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2006, 06:38 PM
aww bless him hope he has a great birthday he deserves it
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2006, 06:47 PM
well done kali!!!!!

great boy to make daddy so proud of you!!!!

Hope you have a great birthday!

Alex
xxx