Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 10:49 AM

Delighted with Isaac's Vet check :-) - Seizures

Isaac went in for his clinical exam last night and to give Robert and I a chance to talk over any concerns we may have.

Isaac's seizures are 4-5 weeks apart. Classic symptoms, drooling, loss of bowels, muscle spasms, shaking and occasionally they will catapult him across the room (so far I'm the only one who has ever been hurt by this )

He is not medicated, he was born with a tiny liver. It is a 100% functioning power house when tested but still a concern in how it could be negatively effected if he were to be medicated.

His fits are mild compared to some and he handles them exceptionally well. He/we are lucky in that his Post Ictus Stage gives him no concern. He regains instant co-ordination and composure as soon as his fit is over. I can be supporting him through a fit one minute and the next giving him a telling off for bin raiding

The vet confirmed he is in tip top condition, perfect weight and his quality of life remains excellent. We are delighted

It's been a steep learning curve coping with Isaac's epilepsy and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Layla (Tupacs2legs) for all her advise and support over the past few years. We discuss every seizure Isaac takes and I really can't thank you enough L for always putting my mind at rest and being there for us

Thankwoo for always being there for me Auntie L

Hope this finds everyone well.

Take good care.

Seoniad.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 11:00 AM
Aww!!! What a gorgeous sweetheart and glad to hear how well you are dealing with this, it must be very upsetting to see.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 11:03 AM
great news

he is such a credit to you and lucky to have u guys

i dont do anything S

...but i do get cross when a certain person forgets to tell me he has had a fit lol.

but if being a friend and an 'ear' means i get to see more pics of my firefox then yayyyy suits me lol xxxxxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-05-2011, 11:20 AM
How reassuring to read about Isaac, such a very handsome boy!

As you know Pereg is medicated and she will not be having any more blood work-ups until she has been six months on it.

She is doing fairly good at the moment with mainly complex partial seizures and not the horrid full-blown Grand Mal or cluster episodes, but that could change in a heartbeat, so it is really so very reassuring to read about Isaac.

Please give him a special huggle from me!

Malka
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 11:29 AM
glad he is a happy healthy boy he is beautiful
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 12:21 PM
So glad to hear the beautiful boy is doing well
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 12:52 PM
so great to hear that he is doing so well
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 12:58 PM
How lovely, I am so pleased for you. Isaac is beautiful!
xxx
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by grommit View Post
Aww!!! What a gorgeous sweetheart and glad to hear how well you are dealing with this, it must be very upsetting to see.
Thank you It is upsetting to experience. I did struggle to remain calm and focused in the early days. I've developed a kind of 'fit mode' mindset now during a seizure. And always mindful of how lucky I am that Isaac works with me and recovers so quickly

Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
great news

he is such a credit to you and lucky to have u guys

i dont do anything S

...but i do get cross when a certain person forgets to tell me he has had a fit lol.

but if being a friend and an 'ear' means i get to see more pics of my firefox then yayyyy suits me lol xxxxxx

I know our post seizure cyber chats are a little shorter these days........

You - GB ok? You ok?
Me - Yes

but the ritual must remain. Next time I am away looking after my folks Rab knows the drill.........considering we both gave him a telling off

Thanks L

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
How reassuring to read about Isaac, such a very handsome boy!

As you know Pereg is medicated and she will not be having any more blood work-ups until she has been six months on it.

She is doing fairly good at the moment with mainly complex partial seizures and not the horrid full-blown Grand Mal or cluster episodes, but that could change in a heartbeat, so it is really so very reassuring to read about Isaac.

Please give him a special huggle from me!

Malka
Thank you Huggle delivered.

I'm glad Pereg is doing well. So far Isaac's fits have been mild. I can only pray this continues into his future. Give Pereg a hug from me please. I hope she remains fit free for a good while. Take good care of yourself

Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
glad he is a happy healthy boy he is beautiful
Thank you

Originally Posted by janie View Post
So glad to hear the beautiful boy is doing well
Thank you Janie He sends you woo's

Originally Posted by lisa01uk87 View Post
so great to hear that he is doing so well
Thanks Lisa

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
How lovely, I am so pleased for you. Isaac is beautiful!
xxx
Thanks LS It will be a whole new learning curve if the day comes that we have to medicate. Cross that bridge when we come to it but always in the back of my mind.

Hope Loki is doing ok. Give him a hug from me please.

Take care.

Seoniad.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Strange really as terrible though the Grand Mal seizures are, and the following post-ictal period, I find I can now cope with those. I guess I have no choice really, do I, but the complex partial seizures are, in a way, more difficult to deal with and my fear is that if I cannot stop them then they will turn into a full-blown Grand Mal.

And I know I am going round in circles now but Pereg has clustered and my greatest fear is not being able to break a cluster and for her to go into status.

So all I can say is so far she and I are coping, and long may it last. And with regard to possibly liver damage from the medication I guess it is a choice between medication now and a happy Pereg than no medication and the very strong risk of brain damage or death from status, and the risk of liver damage from the medication.

I am waiting on a delivery of Milk Thistle which is supposed to counter the effects of Pb on the liver, but even though I know it will not harm her there is no proof that it will not help any possible future damage to her liver.

Pereg is happy and that is the only important thing at the moment. We live for the day, for the enjoyment of the day. Because tomorrow might never come.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >