Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2005, 12:58 PM

Thick Mail Question

We are with NTL and have Outlook E-mail.

How come mail in my Outlook Inbox is also in an NTL mail account. Only the Inbox, not sent items.

And how come although I delete my Outlook mail, it adds up in the NTL mail box until I can't get any more e-mails coming into my Outlook inbox?

And how come when I delete from NTL, it remains in Outlook anyway?
:smt102
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2005, 02:03 PM
and how come I am utterly confused !! LOL

Sorry I cant help - but I know what you mean - how dare graeme take his holidays when we need stuff sorted !!!

dani
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
We are with NTL and have Outlook E-mail.

How come mail in my Outlook Inbox is also in an NTL mail account. Only the Inbox, not sent items./
Outlook express is only a download application it access the NTL server for you to get your e mails. Thats why you have two copies of them.

And how come although I delete my Outlook mail, it adds up in the NTL mail box until I can't get any more e-mails coming into my Outlook inbox?./
Same goes for that as well you still have a copy on your NTL server untill you delete it off that then you'll always have a copy.

And how come when I delete from NTL, it remains in Outlook anyway?/
SAme as above it has made a copy of it to get ridem of both copies you'll have to delete them both off your NTL server and outlook
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2005, 04:25 PM
Two answers:

POP3 Mail: if you have Outlook Express to leave a copy on the server it wont delete it until you delete it from the server (useful if you access your mail on more than one PC). The setting (off the top of my head) is Tools -> Account Options -> Select your Account -> Properties.

IMAP Mail (unlikely but feasible): Mail is stored on the server, to delete mail you have to delete it on your PC then in OE 'purge deleted messages'. You'll know this is the case if when you delete a message it still appears but is grey and has a line through it.

Graeme
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2005, 07:14 PM
Thank you. Nobody tells you all this when the computer is delivered.