View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-12-2004, 12:38 PM
I have to say I couldn't do their job though, I'd get too involved and take the job home with me. I wouldn't be able to block them poor suffering animals out of my head and be miserable all the time.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2004, 01:47 PM
I know Anne. I really wanted to work at a cats- or dogs rescue, but I think I would end up having all the pets in MY own house..

And I dont know if I got take the pain some of them are in.....

BTW I cant be allowed to have a rescue dog, even if I wanted to. The rules here in DK are pretty strict especially around "alone home" time, as a lot of the dogs has been handed over to the rescues cos they cant be alone at home and is trouble.. U know the usual problems....
scotbun1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2004, 01:59 PM
I watch it all the time. When I was in Florida last year I went to a market and they were selling puppies. 1 was a chinese crested that was full of scabs and a wee border terrier that was full of fleas. I contacted the ASPCA and they were there within 10mins of my call but they said there was nothing they could do because the pups had adequate food and water. When I left I heard other dogs barking so went to investigate and found the ASPCA kennels. The sight that I saw really upset me.There was dog mess everywhere and the stench of urine was actually nipping my eyes I was so angry but I couldn't do anything as I was on my way to the airport going home. I'll be back in July next year so hopefully I'll be able to do something. Iknow it's different country different rules but dog hygiene should be top priority. Think of the infection in this unit.
Tracie
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2004, 02:03 PM
Oh poor doggies
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2004, 08:40 PM
i like animal cops detroit better and it is upsetting at times but i really envy the lengths they go to
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2004, 10:26 AM
Both programmes make me sick obviously first and foremost due to the abuse that certain animals suffer but also the way in which bull breeds, almost always pitbulls, are portrayed in those programmes.

I wont go into it all again as we have been over it in another post but basically they do the APBT absaloutley no justice at all and if somebody has very little knowledge on bull breeds it is no surprise they watch something like that and go away with ill-informed opinions especially the way in which they talk about pits and in general the way in which they are portrayed man if these officers are supposed to be concerned with animal welfare I would hate to see what they would do to causes the didnt care about, these Societies are so called "Humane" but yet they see fit to destroy perfectly heatlhy animals and ham up incidents involving "dangerous" dogs with all the dramatic music when infact the poor dog usually comes out tail wagging etc. It makes me so mad.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2004, 11:53 AM
i know exactly what u mean laura.
Its disgusting, they are meant to be trained and alot of the time they condem a cross bred litter of puppies as pitbull crosses! Even when they look nothing like them!

Its a shame they portray them so badly
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2004, 12:08 PM
i do find it very sad that they immediately put the it bulls to sleep
Visitor
New Member!

08-12-2004, 12:10 AM
I watch both of them and find them very graphic and upsetting.
I find it sad that so many nice natured pitbulls are put down but then again just supposing that once again these poor dogs got into wrong hands and once again were used for fighting - at least that does not happen to them anymore when they go to the rainbow bridge. Life for a lot of animals is very harsh and cruel.

The laws in the UK need to be dramatically updated and looked at
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2004, 11:39 AM
Well to be honest with you that is a lot of supposing - "ifs & ands" an all that, I would much rather they gave the dogs a chance that kill them for the off chance they may end up in the wrong hands harder screening for prospective homes perhaps, who is to say any breed may or may not fall into the wrong hands I guess its a chance all animal rescuers have to take when rehoming a dog as nobody can ever guarantee 100% their safety although it would be great if they could.

So pit dogs may not be great for people who have other pets but I can guarantee you that most would make great companions, they are dog not people aggressive and deserve a chance like every other animal, sadly though they have the wrong name and arent given a seconds thought
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >