register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2015, 05:29 PM
Glad to hear your mum has outwitted them, Lynn, although your poor nerves over Christmas and New Year must have been in shreds by the end of it all. To be perfectly honest I am totally mystified by Matt's behaviour, he's in business and sometimes things happen that are out of people's control, and surely things like that have happened to him, they've happened to just about everybody on this planet I would imagine. You sorted it all out pdq and he got his money as soon as you could make it happen, you didn't let HIM down the Bank let YOU down when all comes to all. We've all been there I should imagine at one time or another. Also you've apologised and explained what happened to him, what else does he want.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2015, 05:42 PM
Hi all. See you have all been busy while I have been busy with oh so sweet puppies. Great way to have a fix. windyish here and getting chilly. Hope malka is OK. Moyra please get well soon and anyone else. June is your loo still playing up? Off now to get something to munch. Oh and we aren't going to whimple now looking for somewhere else.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2015, 05:52 PM
Loo is fine Brenda, just got the kitchen ceiling damage to sort out and the lights that don't work, which I assume is water damage. Ceiling will more than likely have to come down, so oh am I looking forward to that one, would emigrate but got the girlies to consider, so am going to have to hang on in there, dreading the whole business to be honest. Why not Whimpole, somewhere better on the cards then
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2015, 05:55 PM
Not sure June if he wants another apology he ain't getting it. Have decided I have to move on from it all it actually tipped me over the edge. I was just about holding it together over Gill whose bad news came a day or to before that then mum at Christmas. We were actually the biggest losers in the whole nasty episode and still may not recover any recompense from the first engineer. Have decided though to be positive and to put it behind me and try to move forward from it whip this place into shape and hopefully get it on the market this year if not it will will be on the market definitely next year.
Its funny how the dogs ground you June I would be back in Essex flitting between sofas if it wasn't for Dillon. Good luck with getting the ceiling and lights fixed.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2015, 06:03 PM
I'm hoping the people who did my roof in the summer are going to be able to do the job. They will do it if they can, but they seem to think the insurance will want 2 or 3 estimates, and the guy they sent for my roof was really nice, told me exactly what was what, he could have said I needed a new roof and I'd have been none the wiser, but no just a couple of new slates and he put one back that had slipped and advised I would need the chimney looking at in a couple of years, so I would like to use them again because they were so honest and I feel I can trust them, plus they weren't dear either, another plus in my book!!! Yeah you were on the way down that slippery slope Lynn, but you held on by your fingernails and dragged yourself right back up again, thats all you can do. Hope all goes well for Gill, out of all of it that is the worst I think.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2015, 06:48 PM
Insurance companies did use to like 3 quotes not sure if it still the same.
Yes Gill is the worst worry, but she is very positive since being offered another short dose of chemo it won't cure her or put her into remission but while she can stay positive and in fighting mood that will all help.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2015, 07:07 PM
Whimple had to many restrictions when we delved deeper. Sheep in fields surrounding garden so dog had to be on lead? So looking for somewhere else. Tyto doesn't chase but it was their stipulations.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2015, 07:10 PM
Hi, I've mended it Oh my I am so clever! Don't ask me what I did...I clicked something and it all came back to normal! Here I am folks back on line
Good to see you back Lynn, sorry to hear of all your troubles. You have had a really rough time in so many ways. I have obviously missed something, There were a few days when I wasn't around much. What happened to Matt ??
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2015, 07:25 PM
I have just heard a young lady sing opera on the voice, it was stunning. Wow.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-01-2015, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
I have just heard a young lady sing opera on the voice, it was stunning. Wow.
Brenda she was good wasn't she singing Catalani's 'Ebben' which I love anyway . I bet she won't get far thought , not everyone taste they seem to go more for pop music..
Page 6 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >