View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2014, 09:49 AM
I am glad those prospective puppy owners were told politely where to go. I trust your friend is using the same criteria as you June in placing the new pups when they arrive with the most appropriate of the eligible new parents.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Morning all...

Hugs to the poorlies, sounds like there is a couple feeling under the weather. Chicken soup is always good for when you feel naff. Sorry to see Amber is still not right, there is a nasty doggy bug doing the rounds, she might have picked that up.

Hope the window is sorted today Lynn and that you feel better, am here if you want to chat.

Have fun at the course TW, hope the girlies enjoy their run. Hope Dave got sorted yesterday and can now hear every word Helena utters Enjoy the meal later NippyJen xx

Flippin cold and wet here. It just seems to have gone from nice and warm to cold and wet without giving us time to acclimatise Could be fetching LC in again later, she/him seems to get cold in the mornings now. Have been out and sorted some more shelter for the chickens, so hopefully she/him will get under a mum.

Just ordered some gravel for the dog compound, I call it that but it is really some of the drive we fenced off so when it is wet I can shut the lawn off and they still have a decent fairly dry place to be in. The gravel has dwindled over the years, so have rung round and got 2 ton delivered for £70.....one place wanted over £110 so will be back on jacket potatoes to pay for it I got a free bag given to me off the field at the back of me They park the tractor at the back of my garden so the diesel isn't stolen, it is rife in this area. They say the dogs will protect the tractors.....yeah right....

Got my hoovering and dusting done and fire sorted, will be lighting again later, so pull up a chair and maybe we can have fire toast

Take care and will nip in later xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2014, 10:55 AM
Oooh Elaine I've pulled my chair right up close, not because I'm cold but because the fire toast sounds so appealing Toasting fork at the ready!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2014, 11:10 AM
Who asked me yesterday or the day before whether Steve had still got the water ingress into his bedroom. Well, he gave me a shout about 15minutes ago it is teeming down his wall again right near his expensive tv and cinema set up! So have contacted the housing association and landlady urgently and had a response back from their maintenance man who has put his back out but will be round to look at it tomorrow. Was it too much to hope that after 17.5 years this problem would be sorted. I shall be bald if it goes on much longer.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-10-2014, 11:15 AM
It was meeee Moyra, sorreeee, I've brought it back haven't I. Off to course now, girlies waiting for their bones, started car (its checked before I go out nowadays because I'm paranoid) no more news on babies, but yes she is sending them emails like I do and they either reply or they fall by the wayside, some have been to see her, but she's not letting anybody else come now, Shota's too near..
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Afternoon all

No change in the weather here so would appreciate some rain for those who have it - will swap for as much sun as you want. Rain would be especially welcome as the schools are off again for the last of the Holydays/Festivals, which ends next Thursday evening. I doubt they will be back at school on the Friday, which is only a half day in any case, so that means monsters on wheels racing around again all day and evening. Rain normally keeps them away although our main rains are not due to start for at least another month.

I thought my new vacuum cleaner had packed up this morning - the first time I had used it as well - as it stopped before it had even done the salon. Emptied it, made sure nothing was blocking it, said some norty words, then checked the instruction booklet. It looks like the motor had cut out because it had overheated as I left it for half an hour and it worked again. It should not have overheated that soon though but better the motor cut out then blow up.

I am a bit worried as a friend's husband is having part of his foot amputated today - they have both been friends of mine for well over 40 years as they used to live round the corner from my parents' house and came here about four years before I did. Howard has not been at all well for some months now - first he broke his hip and had problems recovering - then was back in hospital as something was up with his ileostomy stoma [he has had it since long before I knew them. Then had a toe amputated [he is also diabetic] and now his foot. He is over 80 and really not doing too well and I will not hear anything until Friday at the earliest.

Anyhow, again I have not really taken in most of what everyone has said so can only remember bits.

Moyra - I think you are going for a DVLA sight test tomorrow? Good luck for that, and I hope that Amber's poorly tummy settles quickly.

Lynn
- Has your window been finished?

Brenda - I hope that your road gets un-flooded.

Flz - how are you managing without power? Have you lost all of it and is it just affecting your home? I hope you can manage to eat a bit today or you will waste away to a size zero.

Think that is all I can remember for now, so I hope everyone is OK, ditto doglets [and Elaine's LC - oh, any news of Duncan Eileen or did I miss that?]

Have a good Wednesday everyone!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2014, 11:32 AM
Thanks Malka. I hope your friend will be ok after his amputation. As a diabetic I do worry a lot about my feet. You can have as much of this rain as you desire, I have had enough especially as now it is coming into the flat again.

June, hope all goes well with the course and can understand not having visitors while the babies are imminently due. Fingers crossed all goes well both with your course and the birth of the pups. Cannot wait to see them.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2014, 11:43 AM
Afternoon all, bit late of parade today, but been a tad busy.

Had a wet walk this morning, but it wasn't bucketing down, like it is now. I went all the way to Bexhill this morning for more paint and a new light for the van bathroom cos the bulb keeps blowing and Dave reckons it's the light that's the problem, so he'll change that Saturday. Anyhoo, got stuck in the awful traffic, I will be so glad when the new road opens....or will I, cos they'll all be sent up along my Ridge at the top of my road!!

B & Q was a nightmare, full of old biddies cos it's the card day, but seeing as I had a card, I used mine so saved £5. I had of course, forgotten to tell her that bit, so she had to do all my purchases again to be able to deduct from their card, so I had to apologise to my whole queue along with her, but they all laughed about it.

Went into M&S for a light jacket, picked an Indigo one up, tried it on in dark grey, hmmm, very nice, then I looked at the price £85!!! I put it back!!! I tried loads on and ended up buying a chicken lol! Came home and remembered I've alreadygot a nice waterproof going out jacket in the wardrobe, doh!

Took Zena into the vets for a weigh in, it was busy in there, but she hopped straight onto the scales because I had the ball in her gob so held onto the rope. She sat still for me whilst I watched the old digits going up and up, and there was no chance they were coming down at all, so I took her off, whisked her out and said to my vet who was behind the counter along with the girls, "I won't bother to log today's weight" I think he got the message cos he laughed back at me. She looks so lean and trim too, but she hasn't lost the 1/2 kilo he wants off her, so more starving for the poor girl.

Dave got 2 hearing aids yesterday, one for each ear, but they sit behind his ears and they're chrome, she said they will match his "highlights". He said they are so much better than the original one he got years ago and this time he's going to persevere with them. He said I was shouting lol!

Enjoy your lovely dinner out tonight Nippy Jen.

Lynn, hope that window is now all finished and you've got everything back in place with no draughts and hopefully, no noise either.

Got a bit of gammon for lunch with a jacket, so better get seeing to it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-10-2014, 12:40 PM
Afternoon everyone. Hope the rain has stopped for you it has here.
Bit worrying about Duncan wandering nearer the traffic.
I hope LC manages to keep warm you could always knit him/her a jumper.
Glad the hearing aids seem to be working well for Dave and that they match his highlights.

Had my hair cut always pleased with it. Booked in for 5 weeks time and my Christmas cut booked as well to make sure I get an appointment in the Christmas rush.
Window men in the van out front having their lunch when I pulled up to open the gate to the drive.
They bought a bit of beading hoping it would fit the bit that has a little bit missing but it doesn't so they will have to order another bit and come back to fit it should only be a 5 minute job though hopefully. So spoken to Gorden and he says we will pay at the office when that little job is done not today over the phone as planned.
Good job the two workmen are nice and professional it has made the upheaval a little easier to bear. I know having a new window in is disruptive but one window should of been in and finished yesterday not needed another visit today ans another one in the next few days to replace the broken beading.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2014, 01:46 PM
Oh dear Lynn.
The men may be thoughtful and kind and obliging but it is not getting your job done. I feel for you. Hope all will come good in the end.

Eileen so worried about Duncan do hope he is ok.
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »