03-10-2006, 09:26 AM
Nah not on here, we'll talk to anybody!
Dawn.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

03-10-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
There are a few forums that I am a member of but I don't feel as comfy as I do here - Dogsey is like a comfy old pair of slippers and there is always someone to talk to whether its day or night
I have to agree with Foxy.

But I should just like to add that sometimes it is partly perhaps what you are looking for from asforum. There was one I joined in which were so much into rescurethat they could discuss nothing else and they absolutely hated breeders and people who encouraged them by showing their dogs. perhaps I should have hung around longer just reading the posts before I actually joined,but sometimes you learn by your mistakes. I think too that the moderators have a lot to do with it and we are very fortunate on this forum to have absolutely super moderators who lead by example. Thanks all of you. I just stopped posting on the other site I as the mods as well as the members were rather nasty when I posted pictures of the boys at a show, so at the end of the day it was their loss as I donate to rescues frequently but they were so single minded and nasty on that particular sight oops sorry site that I certainly shall not donate to their rescue ever again.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 10:12 AM
Gosh..I am naive sometimes...
I've been on a couple of forums in the past (not doggy ones) and they have been lovely.
I think Dogsey is lovely too.
I feel honoured to be a member here and I think people are very welcoming and friendly to all new members.
It is inevitable though that 'in' jokes etc develop over time and people 'look out' for other members that they know. In my experience on here though...if you ask about what's happened in the past, if you ask about the jokes and if you get involved, people welcome oyu with open arms. There's no need to feel sidestepped or left out as everyone will welcome you if you join in.

I don't think Dogsey is either more rescue or more pedigree bred/showing of dogs...I've not really noticed a trend either way. i think we all muck in and listen to everyone.
The thing I like about Dogsey is that there can be a debate raging and getting heated in one thread..but you jump onto another one and have a laugh and a joke with the people you were just getting heated with. love that.

So in answer, my experience is limited of other forums abd I still feel like a newbie on here...but if you are friendly and try to listen to and accept others, if you ask questions and join in, people will always respond and welcome you.

Minnie...welcome!!!!!!!!!!! Come and play!!!!!!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 12:43 PM
Well said Ailsa!

I've looked i(dddfcddedcdcxcvv nbvgffe*)n on a couple of other dog forums, but found them a bit intimidating and self-righteous about whatever aspect of dog-ownership they tend to focus on (rescue or breeding/showing). I stopped visiting one rescue site when a new member recieved an ubelievable torrent of abuse for asking if anybody had their dogs living in outside kennels. It was an absolute disgrace There were even plenty of people suggesting that to not share your bed with your dogs makes you a bad owner (I don't have a problem with people sharing their bed with their dogs, but I think I'm entitled to not do it!)

As a common-or-garden pedigree-dog owner (as opposed to pedigree dog-owner ) I think I'm probably more at home on here with other people who understand me, and people who accept that there are different, equally valid, ways to share your life with dogs. (nhiiiiiiiiuj9999999999999999999999999)

Apologies for the intermittent gobbledegook, but Bongo's been helping me with typing this. I think she wants to share some thoughts on the matter with you lot
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by duboing View Post
Well said Ailsa!

I've looked i(dddfcddedcdcxcvv nbvgffe*)n on a couple of other dog forums, but found them a bit intimidating and self-righteous about whatever aspect of dog-ownership they tend to focus on (rescue or breeding/showing). I stopped visiting one rescue site when a new member recieved an ubelievable torrent of abuse for asking if anybody had their dogs living in outside kennels. It was an absolute disgrace There were even plenty of people suggesting that to not share your bed with your dogs makes you a bad owner (I don't have a problem with people sharing their bed with their dogs, but I think I'm entitled to not do it!)

As a common-or-garden pedigree-dog owner (as opposed to pedigree dog-owner ) I think I'm probably more at home on here with other people who understand me, and people who accept that there are different, equally valid, ways to share your life with dogs. (nhiiiiiiiiuj9999999999999999999999999)

Apologies for the intermittent gobbledegook, but Bongo's been helping me with typing this. I think she wants to share some thoughts on the matter with you lot

I was getting a bit worried then Duboing before I saw your last paragraph I thought it was some sort of code and I was racking my brains trying to work it out
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
But what makes a trouble maker?

Funnily enough I find this forum the most cliquey, Im a member on quite a few
A trouble maker is someone that deliberatly joins forum to cause problems. Antagonising, name calling etc. You're a member of quite a few forums, you know what a trouble maker is.

As for this site being the most cliquey, I'd like to see where. Compared to some sites I've been a member on (and there has been a few) this is probably the least.

As Mel as rightly posted, a lot of new members go onto forums like bulls in china shops (I dare say I'm guilty of it at some point) It takes time to settle in. You wouldn't walk into a room full of strangers, voice your point of view, then expect everyone to accept you straight away. Forums are the same

I do hope that you enjoy this site, for me, it's probably one of the most friendliest and unprejudice site I've been a member of
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
A trouble maker is someone that deliberatly joins forum to cause problems. Antagonising, name calling etc. You're a member of quite a few forums, you know what a trouble maker is.

As for this site being the most cliquey, I'd like to see where. Compared to some sites I've been a member on (and there has been a few) this is probably the least.

As Mel as rightly posted, a lot of new members go onto forums like bulls in china shops (I dare say I'm guilty of it at some point) It takes time to settle in. You wouldn't walk into a room full of strangers, voice your point of view, then expect everyone to accept you straight away. Forums are the same

I do hope that you enjoy this site, for me, it's probably one of the most friendliest and unprejudice site I've been a member of
Yes I agree with all you have posted there Wolfie - good post I think everyone is lovely here - that's why I can't keep away, they are like my extended family - in fact better cos I talk to people on here more than my family
younglady
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-10-2006, 01:03 PM
ive never had any problems on here - im always telling everyone how brillant dogsey is:smt024 ......but im a memeber on a few car forums and one in particular which is one run localy to me can be very cliquey - its sad really some people just want to cause problems
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 01:07 PM
I've found this to be a great site.

We're not afraid to air our opinions and at the end of all te heated debates we are still friends.

I don't own a dog now but I still feel very much a part of the forum. I have made many, many friends. Like everything else in life....it takes time

We do try our best to make newbies welcome and help them whenever we can.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Can't really add any more to what everybody else has said, as I think this is the least clicqey out of all of them, and the most normal too. Everybody shows respect to one another, even in the heated debates, and if you do feel antagonised you can quickly jump somewhere else and have a good old laugh. Not a lot of other forums have the facility to talk dogs, cats, horses, whatever, or to have a rant over the bloke next door, or share your deepest emotions with - none of them imo! I never go elsewhere, what's the point, when I've got it all here, including people I consider to be real friends always offering a shoulder to cry on, or help when needed on anything that might have cropped up in my life good or bad. I have been on other forums before I was lucky enough to find one that didn't intimidate me (Dogsey) which most of the others did.

I just love it in here!
Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »