Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2016, 07:33 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, January 31

Good Morning everyone, well that's the last of January already nearly done! Where do the days fly to?

Lynn, glad you got your chest of drawers all done, would be nice if you could get the beds changed round today but maybe that will be a little too much in one weekend for Gorden.

Griff, hope you are feeling better this morning and your ear is nearly back to normal.

June, cannot see how they can grant planning permission again on that bit of land but then nothing can be more surprising sometimes.

Hope everyone is ok today and no more poorlies. 1cutedog hope you are managing survive up there in the snow and I guess that means Norma is inundated with it too.

Well have a good day all, think we may need to batten down the hatches again today, take care stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2016, 08:36 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Very grey and it was having a little drizzle earlier. Chilly too.
Yes it may be a bit ambitious for this weekend Moyra we have the dump to do today.

Mandy we have bristle nose pleco's but Mark doesn't think they are bristle noses but the plecos that get very large. I like the black gravel in tanks.
June will be interesting to see what happens to that plot of land. Maybe they will see sense (council) but doubt it the most you can hope for is possibly a reduction in housing. Where we lived about 20 years ago and they decided to develop alongside our garden and at the bottom very long story there was a 200 year old oak tree you could see it from our back door and it wa amazing.
A preservation order was slapped on it and I watched one day while a builder deliberately knocked it down with his digger. I was yelling to them they then dragged it away and buried it I saw where. Got onto local council they came down and said nothing can be done and fined them. They pay the fines no problems and tell the lies they said they caught it accidentally. They did not
so the trees there may not stand a chance.
They also took down some beautiful poplar trees where dad had his allotment all legit dad was so upset they were a good 100 years old or so too.
griff hope the ear is still improving.
Hope everyone else is well today and all doglets too.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2016, 08:46 AM
Morning all, lousy day again, wind and rain
Moyra I shall be glad to see the back of January, such a dreary month.
Lynn I hate to see any tree go, they are all beautiful and serve so many purposes.
I hope those of you with snow aren't snowed in and can still come to lunch!
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-01-2016, 09:15 AM
Overcast here and looks as if it is about to rain.

Sue is now a happy bunny as she has a new washing maching and tumble dryer to play with

When I first saw them I thought to myself not much on that channel on either set but didn't know how to change the program as no remote came with them

Also had a phone call saying the new garage doors are being fitted next Friday. So there is me thinking "no more getting out of the car's to open doors in the wet, just sit in a car and push a button. Great, and what is more they should be more secure as well as all we have to do is switch off the power supply and they don't open. Far better than a lock and key Me thinks.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2016, 09:26 AM
Good morning

Take it a bit easier Lynn a run to the tip and rubbish out of the way and the bed can wait another week. It will give you something to look forward to all week

Hope your cold has now left Moyra and you get a peaceful day.

Will be down shortly for lunch Nippy it all sounds so lovely.

Griff hope you ear is now better and your hands have healed.

As you can see Barry is his usual busy self with his camera
Managed to get out for a walk this morning before it became too wet. Was damp in the air and just started to drizzle when I got home how lucky was that! Sitting here thinking of what cake to make today but other than cook lunch nothing is planned

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2016, 09:55 AM
Morning all. Thought I would flick through the dog rescue pages and came across this comment: must be kept on lead near sheep. Hm doesn't that apply to all dogs not just the one they mention. Won't go into the breed or rescue centre. But begs the question do they not know that this applies to all dogs near sheep unless they are with the farmer. Raining here and dismal. Off to watch Casualty from last evening. Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2016, 10:31 AM
Walked Dillon dull miserable day again weather wise. All stuff to go to the dump down the garden just need to load it in the car after breakfast.
Enjoy your lunch Nippy Jen.
Nice white goods Sue, and the garage doors sound ideal.
brenda couldn't agree more about dogs being on leads around livestock unless its the farmer and his dog.

Just seen Terry wogan has dies age 77.
Police van just pulled up outside our house not coming here, looked out of the window and there is a police car outside the pub.
OOOerrrr wonder what's going on.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2016, 10:32 AM
we have rain too...hope it will be a bit drier when i get the dogs out later.
Ear still red but not floppy Lol
i am doing nothing again today...big surprise!!! just can't be bothered with anything
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2016, 10:48 AM
Raining here and cold, thinking I may go to training as its not torrential, training treats are out of the freezer defrosting, going to see how it is about 12 noon, as that is the latest I can leave it really before making a decision. Beds not too soggy either, so they are staying inside when it rains. Although found Kesh and Zen out just now when I checked them, so they were ushered inside where its warm and dry.
Brenda, cannot believe whats happened in Casualty
There are muppets everywhere and they haven't a clue as regards keeping dogs onlead where there's livestock, I know mine are fine with cows and horses, but I also know that sheep and poultry are fair game to them, so they stay onlead.
In fact since I saw about dog poo being responsible for miscarriages in livestock and their subsequent deaths I have not let any of mine run loose in an empty field, if I didn't find or see the poo they left then it would be me and my dogs who could cause it. I used to take them up the farm tracks a lot as well, if there was an empty field with one either side that was also empty I used to let them loose for a run.
Griff I hope your ear calms down somewhat, maybe someone is calling you names
No snow here Nippy so will be over for lunch later
Love your new white goods, Sue. Barry does like to record the goings on doesn't he Have you christened them as yet and done a wash etc in them
Lynn you'll have to find out what's going on at the pub. Is Gorden in the frame of mind for musical beds or is it best left to you think. Flaming heck, Terry Wogan now, there'll be no one left soon - except us - gulp
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2016, 11:39 AM
Lynn maybe the police have found your rodent? sad that Dixie has gone from casualty. Didn't he look old from when he was in the Bill? Sad about Terry. Have a good afternoon when it comes. Mousakka in the oven for lunch.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »