View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2015, 12:10 PM
TW, hope you are coping with the lasses and all you have going on there. Hope your back is holding up. God bless.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-12-2015, 12:18 PM
Yeah we're all fine here, Josie and her mummy due about 1pm and after that will pop out and take any wet out and put loads of dry shavings in for them. Checked outside and Zen is back in, probably in the Big House with the Family, behaving herself obviously otherwise she'd be slung out again and have to go in the little one on her own.
Fire is going well, just chucked another log on it, will add some coal in a bit. Never used this coal before, its called Wildfire and is supposed to be warmer and give less ash than Homefire
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2015, 12:51 PM
Moyra, our consultant who is head of the respiratory department at our hospital was having a fit about nurses and doctors not prescribing the spacers for use with inhalers, apparently using just an inhaler on it's own doesn't get enough of the drug into your lungs, most of it ends up in your mouth or at the back of the throat, he says with a spacer you actually inhale the whole dose down into your lungs.... i would assume that as Mandy has now been given one as well it is going to be rolled out to all patients who use inhalers
I know what you mean about poor little Keith Bennett...must be awful to have something like that happen and never find where they are, guess it's that last little bit of power the murderer has isn't it?
Mum mad it to see Bill, she says he looks dreadful but is on a drip, dad went in to say goodbye too and then they popped to see tess....she is very very confused, she hasn't seen bill since last sunday but swears she just saw him, i doubt she will last long with him gone
Right, going to chuck shaun the sheep on
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-12-2015, 01:50 PM
Moyra - The moors murders are a grim reminder of just how evil people can be. Would have thought that as they haven't discovered anything by now it is most unlikely that any remains will ever be recovered. There is over 40 or so square miles of the moor - the bodies were uncovered on the far side to us, not on our patch fortunately. The favoured search area is above Dovestones reservoir beside the Manchester to Huddersfield road, which is apparently where it all occured. There are only a few people with an intimate knowledge of the moor - even regular walkers etc only stay on the allotted pathways. It is a dangerous place for the unwary, I have been traipsing about over it for most of my life and it is like a back garden for me, but I still treat it with respect and dress correctly etc, when going further away from home than usual.
Griff - Glad your mum and dad managed to make it to Blackpool in time, shame that Tess is so confused by it all - poor lass - must be dreadful for her.
Thanks Mandy and Griff for filling me in on the Spacer thing - I now know what one looks like, should one ever bite me ! lol !
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2015, 01:54 PM
Oh crumbs I don't come on here for a bit and all hell lets loose. June it did make me laugh when you said Zen can be annoying. I had a collie like that. All would be asleep and he would try and get them to play. I know this because we videoed them once when we were out and it was so funny. All the others did were look up at him with bleary eyes and eventually he gave up and settled. So funny. He was a great dog. Well, last class this morning so now putting the list in the book for next January. Two full classes again with lot's of lovely babies to look forward to meeting. When the last piece is on the website I will let you all know. We had our usual Christmas Quiz and guess the breeds of the dogs. Refreshments and awards. What will I do for the next 3 Saturdays? Get rid of this cough that has now taken over from the funny throat. Oh well off to take Tyto out for a quick wander and then drink my cold coffee, I love cold coffee. So have fun peeps and try to get on. By the way did anyone watch Prey? Great stuff on a Wednesday with Cuffs as well on the other side. tat tar.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2015, 02:12 PM
LG, i would never venture out onto a moor anywhere...... knowing my luck i would be the dumba** that fell and broke something lol. i agree i doubt any remains will be found....sad really but they are/were a sick evil pair of individuals
Hi Brenda.... sounds like a good time was had by all. i missed prey, it is the second series isn't it? can you just pick it up or does it carry on from the first series?
does anyone here know anything about wifi extenders? i have a fire stick and it works fine except every five minutes or so it stops and buffers for a few seconds, i was wondering if i got one of those plug in wifi extender things if that would stop it happening? i can't see my dad putting up with the buffering and i got it for the parents really
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-12-2015, 02:21 PM
Afternoon all.
Weather dire here we were going into Kings Lynn for some Christmas shopping after dropping off some food and treats for cats and dogs at our vets who have set up a collection and their Christmas cake I made them. We decided we didn't fancy running from shop to shop in this weather so will see what tomorrow brings.
Had breakfast out did that vet job then dropped Michael and Margaret's card from us off and had a cuppa now back home.
I was up at 5 Dillon decided he needed company I fell asleep on the sofa. Woke at 7 sorry LG here comes the m word a cake and iced it a bit later.

Hope the new inhaler thingy works Mandy.
Sorry about the collapsing cakes Nippy Jen.
Hoping your visitors have arrived safely June.
Fingers crossed the river doesn't impose on your space LG.
Hoping everyone and all doglets are well today.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2015, 02:28 PM
Griff you have me lost on that. As a Radio Ham like Jenny although in our time we were up to date with everything, things move on and then all of a sudden within a bit we feel quite lost. I admit I relearned a lot last week with setting up the pc again but Lord forbid I have to do it again.

June, glad you got things sorted. LG, am glad you are not too close to the site of that poor boys demise.

It is very cold down here this morning so am glad I am not further north!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2015, 02:52 PM
Brenda, you are certainly going to miss your groups for the next few weeks but then perhaps you need that rest to restore yourself. It is very overcast here so I suspect it is the same there. Not exactly wonderful for our chests but then at least we are not suffering like those in the north. Hope Eileen is ok over there and her mum and daughter and babes too!

June, hope your company turned up. Lynn did you resolve your tree problem in the end?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2015, 03:24 PM
Billy has gone i am pleased i managed to drag myself to see him and that i got him on a good day, mum said there was no way she would have let me see him now she was with him when he went
Lynn, hope the cake decorating goes well
Hoping Nippy's second attempt has stayed together
Moyra, i don't know that a wifi extender would sort it out...i guess i could email amazon and see if there is a reason for it stalling
might have a go at gingerbread later...then again...might not lol
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »