register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-11-2014, 10:52 AM
She would be on Her Honour not to - but hey what would that mean to her oh well...back to carrier pigeon then
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-11-2014, 11:03 AM
Morning all who have followed.
Been in melt down here over boiler just getting a bit too much really. Then Gorden checks his emails and the first if you can call him a boiler engineer has replied to Gordens email.
Explaining he finds it hard to source grants parts wonder why we could get them if needed from a plumbers merchant. That he is a fair and honest man and to let him know what we think the work he has done is worth and how much we feel needs refunding. We have suggested a refund of £220. We haven't mentioned the danger he put the boiler and me in yet if he does refund the money or not Gorden is then going to email the email from Grants to him and ask him for his reassurance he will never do that again and advise him that we have been advised to report him to trading standards as he is not oftec registered.
Gorden will also email the link to the Grants part catalogue to him.
Watch this space.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-11-2014, 11:07 AM
He's still playing you for idiots then. That may have worked before the internet, but nowadays you can source things on the other side of the world and have them posted to you. Amazing how people think they can pull the wool over someone's eyes like that, how does it go....'you can fool SOME of the people ALL of the time...and ALL of the people SOME of the time...but not ALL of the people ALL of the time.. you are bound to have done your research, everyone does these days, part of life as we now know it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-11-2014, 11:44 AM
Surprise surprise he is disputing the amount of times he visited saying only 3 when it was 4 and the amount we paid him. Admittedly in the 4th visit I didn't pay him he condemned the boiler and I was then getting suspicious.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-11-2014, 11:45 AM
Morning all

One of the garage columns looked as if it had been hit by a machine gun there were that number of screw fixing hole in it. So a little cement job fixed that, the only problem is the cement colour is a little darker but better that than holes.

Decided it was about time I sorted out the tools onto a workbench, up to now all thrown into tool boxes. Ice cream cartons are great for keeping drills in let alone loads of other stuff, the do keep the other workbench tidy, but for how long is another matter.

In other words as Sue would say "he has been playing again doing nothing constructive". I can just hear her saying that
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-11-2014, 11:46 AM
Have you got a record of his visits in any shape or form, it pays to keep a record of stuff, even texts or emails and keep them a few years, just in case of disputes like this.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2014, 11:57 AM
Lynn, i really hope you get some money back
Morning all who have arrived since i was first here
just had to order yet another crate for the pup.... she has outgrown my fancy one i had upstairs, putting her in a soft crate like Kota, she isn't a chewer so we should be o.k hopefully, need to get some training done with both dogs today
apparently it is roast beef and chicken here today... i am veggie so will just have my potatoes veg and yorkshire puds...yum yum
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-11-2014, 12:49 PM
Just trawling through emails June bit confusing as first communication was by phone. The boiler broke down we know the 23rd September. I spent a late Tues afternoon sourcing boiler engineers. Most couldn't come out for a few days. He could come out the next day. Then we get onto the 30th which is when he charged the biggest amount for the clean up which would of been the 2nd visit. My head hurts.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-11-2014, 12:56 PM
Great it was all by email, can you do a specific search, on mine I can put in the name on the search. bar and everything with that name in comes up and then you can put in for just emails from him and they'll come up. Technology is a wonderful thing in cases like this
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2014, 01:12 PM
Sounds as if Mabs is back to her lovely self. Have been and done the Dunelm shopping and had a small breakfast. Now cooking lunch for hubby and I so must go and rescue it as I can smell it. Yum. ttfn Hope everyone is having a good day so far.
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »