Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2014, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Lacey that is now such a worry, what ever has happened. Please come back soon and tell us

I have had enough bad news for one day. I've just heard a friend on the other site, from Sweden has committed suicide. Makes me feel sick.

I hope Loki will be ok for some time yet.
So sorry NJ (( hugs))
My mum is visiting,I'm being very rude Will let you know what happened in a bit.We're both ok now,don't worry
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2014, 06:31 PM
Hope Duncan is all tucked up for the night, take care Eileen
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-10-2014, 06:59 PM
Nippy, so very sorry to hear of your friend, nothing I can say to make it any better. Lots of hugs xxxx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-10-2014, 07:05 PM
Lovely to hear about Duncan's possible new home, what was the horrid stuff, are you saving that for another time. Love to Mum, hope she is fine too. Elaine, I'm going to put some mouse bait down in out of the way places in the house, by the fireplace for a start, thats where they came in from next door last time, the plug thingy works well, but not when you've got adjoining walls both sides, and one side keeps it like the tip, lovely bloke, but I've no idea how he finds his way around his house, his daughter and her boyfriend are there at the moment, and all you hear is the front door banging non stop, they are in and out like those weather things!!!! Anyhow, not giving any visitors a chance to settle this year, I'll be onto them before they know it. Flaming nuisance about the rats though, thank goodness there's no new chicks because they'd have them away as well, horrid things Telly is good tonight, Corrie, the Gorjus Vet and Scott and Bailey (last in series, wow they could have done a full set, not just a couple)
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2014, 07:14 PM
Hugs NippyJen, so very sad.

Anoush's bloods are in the normal range, so next step is x-rays, which are on friday, but not looking good.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-10-2014, 07:22 PM
Evening all - Busy day so only just managed to catch up with the goings on. Will get a post going before the Mem jerks the lead and I have to go in to Dinner. Malka - Do so hope that Pereg is just seeking a bit of sympathy and that there is nothing grim going on with that leg. Brenda - Please don't give it another thought, wasn't offended in the least over Gorton - just failed to understand that's all. Truly you'd have to try a lot harder than that to get me upset, just ask my sparring partner Lacey. Eileen - Great progress with the Doughnut and what a smashing pic, he looks a lot straighter and happier in himself. Just a cautionary note, sorry to sound pessimistic, but I know a lot of people in and around the Greyhound Industry (for Industry is what it is) and you don't see many of them walking old dogs. Notoriously unsentimental most of those that work sight and scent hounds, whether it be hunting or racing etc. I know a lot of people find it unpalatable but I work my dogs and they stay with me until they shuffle off this mortal coil. Quite simply, I love them and wouldn't have it any other way. Most owners of working lurchers/hounds/terriers have a totally different attitude, so please be careful as many of them are very plausible. Please believe me when I say I'm not being deliberately sour about this but would hate you or the Doughnut get hurt as a result of some deception - neither of you deserve such a thing. Well that's that off my chest, just felt i had to say something for I would hate for all your love and hard work to be wasted. Off into Dinner shortly so will no doubt see you all later (although last night things died very early on!) Knew I'd missed something, Moyra - put that rascal's rent up - seems people only value what they have to pay for today - so make him do a bit of valuing. Ref the sweetcorn and tuna I'd give him a written bill with a seemly reminder that such things don't grow on trees!!! Bye fer now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-10-2014, 07:31 PM
I know what you mean as regards the greyhound industry and also the other things, Gordon, I think thats why Eileen is enlisting the DW to vet them, because like you say it would be awful for him to end up in dire straits again, I am sure this boy has been loved and had time and training, and for some reason he's ended up the way he has, hence my thoughts on him maybe having been stolen or something, badly treated (hence his fear of men and strangers) and thank goodness for Eileen who is working on a complete life change for him. I echo your thoughts also re the tuna and sweetcorn bill, just paid £15 for 10 kg of freshly made 100% chicken pet mince, which will last mine just over a week, so paying nearly the equivalent amount to chuck in the water to catch a fish you put back doesn't do it for me, maybe if he paid for his own tuna and sweetcorn then he wouldn't be quite so generous to the fish!!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2014, 08:16 PM
Mum eat all my Jaffa cakes and went home
Right,Duncan had a huge episode today We were out walking as usual.Lurcher man was walking on the opposite side with his two dogs,nothing unusual about that,has passed loads of times,even stopped to have a chat on occasion,never seemed to phase the doughnut Has passed men and women with various breeds of dogs,just walked on by,no problem.Wasn't something I worried about.He knows this man,was one of the people who gave him food and Duncan would go to his house,knowing he'd be fed.Only other thing different was a black pick up truck on our side of the road,was stopped but had its engine running,waiting for one of the workmen I suspect.
Whatever triggered it,the poor boy's body language completely changed,he started shaking uncontrollably,crouching down so low,it was unbelievable and then he started to run.I have never seen anything like it in my life,was practically running on his knees and tight close to walls and fences along the side.Had to let the lead out and even then I thought he was going to pull my arm from its socket.leash was pulling tight across his neck,I swore if this boy doesn't stop,he'll choke himself It was like he was on a whole different planet,couldn't hear me talking to him,not sure at the time if he even knew I was there.He just wanted away,was so terrified Had to stop eventually because of road works the path ahead was cordoned off and a digger was across the road,holding up the traffic( thank God)When he realised he couldn't get past,he leapt up in front of me a few times,like he wanted loose,wasn't going to hurt me,was just panicking.Was able to talk to him then and after circling and getting all tangled up in his lead,he finally started to calm down.I sat on the edge of the kerb with him for a bit Untill he stopped shaking,10mins or so and then we headed back home.He's ok,has eaten and is in the shed,lying down.
I can't say for certain what set him off,its possible he seen something I missed.May have been the dogs,with the difference being he was on a leash this time and felt he had no way to escape.Passed a Golden Retreiver and a man this morning,with no problem,just walked on by Passes all manor of vehicles,houses are being built so there is diggers,lorries etc on the road all day.Its hard to tell.So sad to watch and have to admit scarey too.Had he have ran on to the road I would have had no choice but to let go,both of us would have been killed.
As good as he is,loving,beautiful boy,he has problems,the extent of which I really only seen today.He really does need someone experienced in this sort of thing to help him.Am really hopeing he can be helped.Have to be perfectly honest,I have an 11 year old Shih tzu,who wouldn't climb a step if she thought I would lift her I have no experience or knowledge on how to deal with this.Thought I stayed pretty calm considering I was being dragged at 90mph but Duncan Doughnut needs more than exercise,love,food and a safe place to sleep
Tomorrow is another day
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2014, 08:20 PM
Understand completely GORDON regarding the Greyhounds.Happens with other breeds too unfortunately I know this man and he couldn't mistreat a fly.I know he wouldn't recommend someone if they would either.He will be well vetted I assure you
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-10-2014, 08:26 PM
I think it was the black pickup truck Eileen, he'll be associating it with whatever happened to him, his demeanour changing like that in such a swift and dramatic fashion is indicative of how fearful he is of whats originally happened.I so wish lived in even the same country to you and could do something to help with him.
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »