Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2014, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
Thanks for the update about H. JENNY. poor girl she doesn't do things by half does she. It sounds as though it's going to be a long job .
Yes Jenny it is a shame we don't live nearer. Just think of the girlie weekend we could have had OH is away again in a fortnight so I'm hoping the sun is out then & I can have my lovely long walk. I was going to go on the train to Wigan - walk down to Wigan Pier & walk along the Leeds Liverpool canal towpath for most of the day. There was a programme on TV a couple of ,months ago where Tony Robinson walked it from Liverpool to Wigan over three days & I fancied doing some of it. I want the sunshine for it though.
Glad to hear you enjoyed your lunch out LYNN. Even though you couldn't do it topless.
Oh if you do manage that walk promise me you will start a thread and call it THE ROAD TO WIGAN PIER

I will love that!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2014, 03:23 PM
thanks for the update Jenny. That poor woman. Sounds awful.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2014, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Lynn's been out to lunch topless
She would have done if it wasn't raining.
Damn rain. I went out in walking boots - when I came in they were thick with grass clippings where they have been mowing the park. So I stuck the bottoms under the hose pipe to clean them. Left them outside & forgot them till it started bouncing down again. Now my boots are wringing wet
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-05-2014, 03:26 PM
One word for poor Helena

Sending lots of hope-it-heals-quick {{{vibes}}} and (((hugs))) xx
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Oh if you do manage that walk promise me you will start a thread and call it THE ROAD TO WIGAN PIER

I will love that!
will do. Complete with photos. It's supposed to be a lovely walk.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Walk sounds good Lynne, I too saw that programme with Tony Robinson and I would love to go on the boat trip that was on there as well. I know I would be able to get onto that towpath but not sure where I could get on it.
Can't believe I timed it so right to get the girls out and back without getting drowned, I always get caught in it.
Sorry about your boots, bringing them in and stuffing them full of paper should help, but it takes days to dry them out I know myself
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Da Booga is currently wearing ankle boots. Ankle boots made from caked on mud. It rained last night - correction, it bucketed down last night, so I now have wall-to-wall fitted mud, a new mud cover for the couch - and muddy pawprints all through the bungalow.

The mud dried on the carpet so I vacuumed it. Then she brought more in. The carpet has now been vacuumed [just the once], had the electric carpet sweeper over it [twice], and I have now resorted to flicking bits of dried mud out with a broom.

Apparently it has been the rainiest May day in history with flash flooding in the Arava - and this was sunny Eilat this morning...

tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2014, 03:43 PM
you keep saying 'we need the rain' surely if the roads are flooded there is enough - for a while at least
I'm sure Da Booga feels very stylish with her ankle boots on, and you never know Malka, you may start a new interior design trend.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2014, 03:47 PM
Gill has had a right old time getting her chemo sorted.
She was told last week by her consultants secretary it was starting the 14th of this month she never received the confirmation letter. So chased them again Tuesday to be told she wasn't on the system. She has had phone call today and has now been told to arrive Monday chemo starting so she needs to get blood test done tomorrow has had to dash out to get shopping both her and Peter are not well and then got a phone call can they pick their Grandson up as his mum is not well from the other nan his mum. Grandson' s mum is expecting again not Jack's dads baby and she is bringing up bile.
Do you know I get so cross when she is put upon and cross with her letting herself get put upon. Crikey she is ill has cancer why do some not realise this. Sorry rant over.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2014, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the update on Helena, Jenny. Sounds like she went right through the wringer and back again with all that what they have done. Just hope she rests and takes care of it now, which I'm sure Dave will make sure she will.

Poor Kazz, hope you soon get back to some sort of normality too. Seems we got a couple of real proper poorlies in sickbay.

And a topless Lynn Happy the babies live to see another day

Well, did the tip run and as it was raining it was empty, so parked in the middle, got a trolley and wound my way round putting the right stuff in the right skips, and got a little damp

Just had a visitor, a lad came down my drive with a little husky in tow and asked if it was mine, as my lot was trying to eat it through the fence Not mine I say, but I do know who's it is, so put Barry, I know....Barry....in the van and whipped him home. His owners was so pleased, it was the second time out today, having never got out before. They do take very good care of him and have a huge garden for him and also take him out every day. I know they are committed to him, so I am sure they will do all they can to find out where he got out.

Looks like rain again, so off to get my lot in and I think I will vegetate with some catch up TV.

Have a good evening, I will nip in later xx
Page 6 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »