Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2014, 07:44 AM
Morning Norma and Malka.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2014, 08:40 AM
Morning all...

I too thought of Helena and Rose this morning. Thats one thing I love about this forum. It dosent matter if we dont always agree or get on with everyone, but when it comes to needing a few words of comfort, wisdom or just a cuddle, we all bond together Take Care Helena and Rose xx

Enjoy the day Bev, I am sure you will as usual work very hard, hope the boys dont get too wet and enjoy the lunch Thelma and Louise aka Lynn and Beth, think the top will be on though, Hope the mouse and lizard fraternity has left our Tang in peace and she is able to do some work, didn't she say she was going to try to do couple hours each day.....yeah right Hi to all that follow and to those I already missed....

Well it's def dull here, not sure when it will rain but I am sure it will, but I am going to make some turmeric paste and dog treats this morning, so that will be Winter and gang drooling at the kitchen window. I also have to do a tip run, but might leave that till I go into town tomorrow

Just had a phone call....my lovely SIL as paid for my hoover in Argos, bless her, so might just go and fetch it, I will pay her back as soon as I can.

Take care and will nip in later xx

ps just started spitting with rain
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2014, 08:41 AM
Good morning people.
First I am sorry for my absence however on Tuesday afternoon I had a second episode where left leg would not hold me up it sort of felt heavy and the pins and needles in my left arm came back. I already had a Doctors appointment at 4.20 and from there went straight to the hospital - admitted to the Hyper Actute Stroke Unit at Good hope which I am pleased and overjoyed to say is a new unit 2011 http://www.heartofengland.nhs.uk/str...s-locals-fast/
I must admit I did not call an ambulance but my treatment in the unit was superb.
I left this morning and have been told I have had a TIA (mini stroke) although because I still have left sided weakness and getting words wrong at times I am between mild stroke and TIA technically apparently TIA symptoms go away within 24 hours whereas mine are still there apparently I have been exceedingly LUCKY. within 24 hours I have had a chest Xray, CAT scan and neck/jugular ultrasound. Have to go as an outpatient for
72 hour heart monitor,
nerve conduction studies
MRI
and return to the consultants clinic in 8 weeks
Also sent to the stroke club and speech theraphy for my missing words if they do not come back when I went in my strength in left side marked out of 5 was 1 this morning it was 3.5
So I cannot drive for 4 weeks and am totally grateful to the stroke unit, the great AMU (actute medical unit) and my fantastic GP who came to the hospital yesterday to see me.
It has pulled me up sharply seeing the people in the unit who are not so lucky.
I have to say this is not being pessimistic but optomistic as I am sitting at home typing this out and it is pouring of rain. LOL
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2014, 08:43 AM
Morning all.
Like the rest of you thinking of poor ole H today. Your rain has reached as far as Cyprus. Bella would be searching everywhere to track down that rodent but has had to hide under some soft pillows in case I make her go out in the rain.

Have seen neither Minny Mouse nor Lizzy Lizard today. I give up anyway - left the patio door wide open all night in the vain hope they'd just go out. Did occur to me it was more likely their pals would come in but hey ho.

Lynn
Enjoy your girly lunch. Sounds like Dillon is morphing into the ace, dream dog! i'd love to be having a snuggle on the sofa with him today. But for my sins, I have to zip over to Makenzy and shift some more stuff from the vacant apartment. Then nip into Thrift Shop and see what they've done re the furniture they collected. Was planning to get Syrian George to help me today but he's found a day's work in Limassol. Am having no luck getting hold of Sabby either to see if he's had that lecky supply terminated. If he ignores me much longer I'll cut his and that should concentrate his mind on the matter!

Lucky
Your poor boy. Kids can be so horrible sometimes can't they? Always a difficult one knowing what to tell your own when they are the victims.

Eyes Down tonight Bev!
Along with a lot of other things I've never done in my life I've never actually played bingo. I hope you are lucky and enjoy the evening. At least it doesn't depend on the weather!

Gawd it is now BUCKETTING down with rain. I've got no chance of persuading muttley out in this - even the noise of it is horrendous. Anyway she is of course on mouse patrol. Here she is (took this a few minutes ago) my ever alert minpin.

Just put this on BF and my son has commented:

LIKE A COILED SPRING - READY FOR ACTION!

Is it just me? Or is Bella starting to look a bit like a mouse? I see a definite resemblance in this pic.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2014, 09:10 AM
Morning Elaine that was nice of your SIL to pay for the hoover.
Is it only spitting up the road its proper raining here.
Morning Kazz. Goodness what a fright for you glad you are having treatment and in good hands. Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery.
Morning Pat maybe it was Bella in the ciggie pack.
If you cut off Sabby's leccy I am sure it will concentrate his mind if only to get in touch with you then you can go in for the kill metaphorically speaking of course.
When the rat came into the conservatory I left the door open in the hopes it would go out again and thank goodness it did. Problem is if we are in the house or Dillon and us are down the garden we cannot leave the door open now.

Well no top down today unless it changes dramatically by lunch time its raining hard here.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2014, 09:34 AM
Yeah, little terrors. They were very young but one was behind Michael on the slide and the other in front of him aiming at his head and I wasn't having that.

I admit to telling Michael not to let kids hit him. I asked if he had hit them back but he said no. However, he's no pushover - at school an older boy chased him and roared at him to frighten him and I saw Michael point and yell "NO!" and aim a kick at the boy.

Such a funny photo and caption, Pat.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2014, 09:37 AM
Oh my goodness Kazz, I just read your post. How scary! I'm glad to hear it was relatively mild and I hope you can find your missing words. I don't know much about strokes but I hope they can treat it so you don't have any more. xxx
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »