Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2014, 02:17 PM
Just an update.
Unfortuantly it hasn't worked out with Peanut and the kennels has accepted him back. It looks like Maddie is coming into season so he was hassling her and they got into a few fights, i also didn't want to get him neutered in case he didn't accept the pets. He was also getting very protective and went for my neighbours lab when she was nuzzling Maddie.
Maddie pined for about 5 minutes but i took her out to play fetch and she soon forgot and Peanut was very happy to see the kennel owner and pulled to get to his kennel so don't think any love has been lost.

Maddie is currently fast asleep at my feet and is settling in ok, she is great with the rodents as she was at the guinea cage and Frankie moved; all she did was watch, no lunging, crying or barking
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2014, 04:34 PM
I'm sorry it hasn't worked out for Peanut but it sounds as though a good home will be found for him before too long and its good that he didn't seem to be distressed going back to the kennels. He's a beautiful looking dog so I'm sure he'll find the right home soon.

As for Maddie ... she is beautiful and maybe she's relieved not to have her brother hassling her all the time. I'm sure she'll continue to settle in with you and your 'gang'.

Originally Posted by HollyG1 View Post
It's great watching them in the garden as they truly wrestle each other although Maddie is getting a bit annoyed with Peanut as he wants to play chase all the time whereas she wants to play fetch so he usually rugby tackles her when she's chasing the toy
Just for the record I have littermate (brothers) and they were a real handful . They have settled down .... finally aged 3yrs but they do rugby tackle each other non-stop at a flat out pace, but it is done in fun and its not always the same one being tackled .... unless we are in a public place and then it is invariably Flash tackling Rucksack.

Keep the photos coming of Maddie ..... she really is a lovely looking girlie.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2014, 04:38 PM
Welcome to Dogsey Maddie & Peanut
Wow,both gorgeous...really hoping Peanut gets on with the furries,then he can stay
Well done to you for giving them a great home
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2014, 04:39 PM
She's flat out now after a walk and game of fetch and seems so relaxed.
she's had some run-ins with the cat who has been hiding from Peanut since Sunday and so far so good. They sniffed nose to nose and he walked passed her. She's more scared of him so when they get their confidence up they will both have free run of the house.
when he walked passed he sped up and she tried to chase but i didn't see any malice in it and it only looked like play/curiosity
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2014, 04:44 PM
Oh sorry hadn't read the news on Peanut when I posted.Guess better now than later,fingers crossed for him
Looking forward to seeing loads more pics of Maddie,beautiful girl
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

24-04-2014, 09:49 AM
Both stunning dogs Love their eyes.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-04-2014, 10:21 AM
What a pity that you could not keep Peanut but obviously you had to think about your other pets, plus the fact that he was hassling Maddie and then went for your neighbours Labrador. Fingers crossed that the kennels will soon find a forever home for the handsome boy.

Please give gorgeous Maddie a cuddle from me.
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2014, 12:33 PM
She has been getting spoilt rotten lol.
Her crate arrived today so am going to do a bit of training with her. As Peanut has gone she slept in my room last night and there were no accidents, she occasionally barked at the guineas to begin with but always went into a play bow and he terrified of my hamster! (a lurcher cross?!) but that works best. After that she settled for the night; she had a choice of two beds and mine and chose mine bless her
pixie is a little nervous again as she can be a little full on but they'll get there
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2014, 01:31 PM
Hope she soon settles down with you, sorry it didn't work out with Peanuts, but you gave it your best.
Maddie is a beautiful girl, I have a special place in my heart for Lurchers xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2014, 06:09 PM
I love Lurchers too and Peanut was a stunning dog, but I am sure you have made the right decision and I expect that Maddie will come into her own now she does not have to vie with her brother.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >