Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-03-2014, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Do you know, you're actually right there Malka, cos I've just been Googling They're actually GOOD for people with heart problems I can't believe they put them in the "never eat" section on my hospital diet sheet from the blinkin cardiology department I'm binning this list now
Trust me Helena - I actually do know what I am talking about! I was actually in hospital when my [VERY] high cholesterol was first found, and I was given The List by the hospital dietitian. When I finally got myself out of that hellhole and showed The List to my then GP [an ex Australian] he nearly had hysterics.

One of the things it stated was to stop drinking fresh orange juice and to change to tomato juice, because orange juice contains too much natural sugars. Now - I am far from overweight but do have high BP so he asked if the dietitian knew that, because orange juice, in moderation, is fine unless a person is overweight and needs to cut down on sugar, but tomato juice is full of salt which is a no-no for someone with high BP. [Actually under control with medication but I still avoid salt as much as possible].

Same with coconut. A definite no-no with high cholesterol but cold-pressed raw organic coconut oil is a Goodie and not a Baddie. Does not say that on the diet sheet though.

Trouble is that these hospital dietitians get these ancient diet sheets and hand them out without even knowing if the contents are current or years out of date. Which they mostly are!

I far prefer to trust my own knowledge than a diet sheet handed out by a hospital dietician.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2014, 02:48 PM
Morning all.. haven't had time for a proper read through yet, been paying bills hey ho... that's why we go to work isn't it, to earn the money to pay everyone else

Well looks like it is going to be a dry day, 6am and the birds were singing a right melody out there - gorrrrrgeous!! lovely to hear!

Walking with another lady today, and her 2 completely MAD dogs, so its always entertaining,. Off to start work early so I don't have to rush back from my walk! Had a very busy day at work yesterday which was good, nice to make the day pass quickly!

YAY its Friday, hope everyone is well, hope Lynn's cold isn't too nasty *hugs* and any other poorlies, 2 and 4 legged, get well soon xx

Catch up with you later, esp for Dogsey After Dark

Laters peeps xxxxxxx
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2014, 03:18 PM
I have just cut our riverside grass. It is growing like made but I was desperate to cut the silt off the top ..... parts of it look great and other parts look like its been spread with thick gravy ... especially the ends of each row where I whizzed the machine round. I'm hoping the dogs will play on the nice bits OH will be back shortly but just as he was going he told me he'd had an email from the pressure washer people (via Amazon) to say 'apologies but its out of stock'. You can imagine that the first thing I did was go and take a look at his emails but it true. I'm now back to square one and so naffed off. When OH gets back he'll have to locate one that I can just go and buy .... I'm not sure exactly which model it is but its a Nilfisk.

My friend phoned and she's running late with a load of chores she's doing so our cuppa has been delayed til later.

Catch you later.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2014, 03:34 PM
So frustrating Jenny I would be the same as you and totally had a meltdown over it.. so so so annoying!

Helena REALLY you have never eaten an avocado?? try one they are YUMMY!!! I did hear that if you have high BP you shouldn't eat too many as they are high in potassium like bananas - I choose to ignore this and eat them whenever I fancy!

SO put a load of washing on at 6am, on a 40 min cycle, I just heard the end of cycle beep and it is 7.30am - rut roh something is amiss! Mr M will have to clean my sensors!!

AND last night the dishwasher made a very very unusual noise!!!! back to the rubber gloves!!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2014, 03:39 PM
Asbo cat is installed at the cattery. I think they will be slapping another asbo on her as she didn't make the best impression on them .

The lady thought she looked so sweet and cute and we took her along to her bit which is all heated and lovely with toys and scratching post. Lyla decided she wasn't coming out of her basket to stay here (she gets straight out at the vets) so she put her hand inside to stroke her and encourage her out and she hissed, growled and then scratched the poor woman. When we did get her out she had a quick sniff and then went to try and scare the poor cat next to her.

Anyway she is there now and I am frantically getting my washing done so I can hang it on the line and dry it in the sunshine. It is beautiful outside and so warm.

Will miss my little Asbo tonight though even if she is naughty.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-03-2014, 03:55 PM
Afternoon Debbie oh dear hope there isn't anything too terrible amiss with the appliances. Thank goodness for Mr M's.
Bev They will probably fall in love her once they get to know her better.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2014, 04:25 PM
DD,don't let MR M anywhere near your sensors!!
Ah wee Asbo Kitty,she'll be fine Bev(( hugs))
My new ironing is set up and ready to go,it does the ironing itself,you know? Muti coloured spotty and lovely and wide for the sheets and duvet covers
That's a pain JENNY didn't know Nilfisk did pressure washers..wow.Ours is a Karcher...good jobnothing nicer than having it all looking clean and tidy
LYNN,decorating,my favourite en-suite sounds like a good idea it'll be paint charts and wallpaper samples galore round at yours!
Hubby is on his way,want to try and get the ironing done before he gets here...will pop back later
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2014, 04:52 PM
I am exhausted. We have spent the morning walking around Paignton, trying to find a bit of bling to wear with my dress. Needless to say I didn't find anything.
I was so tired and in so much pain I thought oh I will make do with what I've got.
Came home had a cup of coffee and fell asleep! Woke up to hear my SiL calling coooie Anyway she has a few pieces she is going to let me see that I can borrow if I want to
Then Helena, my kettle packed up, so I had to go and get another
All this talk of Avocado, I hate them blahhh!
Thinking of you Gill, a bad time for you
Lore and Norma, I can't believe your weather. it is glorious here.
Lacey are you taking us all out with that £750, or are you saving it for our hen night?
Hi DD
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
DD,don't let MR M anywhere near your sensors!!
Ah wee Asbo Kitty,she'll be fine Bev(( hugs))
My new ironing is set up and ready to go,it does the ironing itself,you know? Muti coloured spotty and lovely and wide for the sheets and duvet covers
That's a pain JENNY didn't know Nilfisk did pressure washers..wow.Ours is a Karcher...good jobnothing nicer than having it all looking clean and tidy
LYNN,decorating,my favourite en-suite sounds like a good idea it'll be paint charts and wallpaper samples galore round at yours!
Hubby is on his way,want to try and get the ironing done before he gets here...will pop back later
Any chance you could pop over to mine and iron? Please?? I hate but have tons that need doing
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-03-2014, 05:07 PM
Was raining this morning, and I thought Oh No, then it stopped and it has turned into a gorjus sunny afternoon
Took Mabs and Keshi onto the riverbank as the water is again too deep for us to get over onto the bank where we walk to the waterfall, so they had a good game of chase, I grabbed them every so often to rake them over and let them go again, so they came back ready for a bone and a lie down
Then took Cariad and Lona onto the field, had Lona offlead most of the time, and left the line on Cariad and let it trail, so that was going well, all of a sudden someone just walked onto the field and let their dog off, grabbed Cariad's line, she was stood watching it and ready to make a move, and then called Lona over, who was waiting for Cariad to give the signal to go, so that interrupted her thoughts, and she came to me not thinking, lead on her and I just took us off, pity because they were enjoying a game of ball with me as well. We've got a dry weekend forecast, and it may rise above freezing if we're lucky, or so I hear and am hoping to be able to get everyone up by the waterfall for a swim and play round, I'm going to get a practice run in at backing in through the gateway, not sure if I can reverse this car around the corner, its quite tight and this car is longer than Hannah Honda was, and it was tricky getting her in there last summer.
Given the yard and kennels a really good clean and had a cup of tea and cornish wafers with brie on them, probably extremely bad for me, but I never the let the doctors near enough to me to even wave a diet sheet at me
Spent a lot of this morning onto Sky regarding this £67 they want to take out of my account on the 20th. I woke up to a text from them this morning also telling me this, I have spent a lot of the night awake worrying about this money because I was convinced someone had used my details. Sky took over 02 phone and broadband last September, but it is £30 a month so couldn't work out what the £67 is unless I had a sat dish ordered unbeknown to me.
What transpired is that 02 stopped taking payments off me on 13 February when it all officially went over to Sky, so Sky are now taking last months money, plus this months, plus 7 days off me, so althought I'm still not pleased about it, if 02 never took any money off me in February, that will still be there, and obviously this months will be there, so not like it is another £67 I had to find. When it settles down I will be paying £30 a month again, have been thinking about going to plusnet because that is cheaper, and it has made my mind up for me to do that. The guy I spoke to was really helpful and explained it all to me, but once my bill settles down to £30 I'm going to make the move away from them, I just don't like what happened and it wasn't necessary to do what they did, why not just collect the money in February, instead of leaving it and then giving me a major thrombie the following month
Lynn, if you take the fitted wardrobes out and put in an ensuite, where will your clothes go
Page 5 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »