Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-03-2014, 11:33 AM
Morning Linda, Eileen and Malka.
Linda bet that wasn't funny Loki and the muddy puddle Dillon has a muddy garden and its a recurring nightmare keeping him clean. The houses sound nice but not sure I would want to be overlooked all ways. Especially for the prices they will expecting.
Morning Eileen I hope the scary storm has passed.
It is a worry when our children want to spread their wings to far off places but they do manage and so do we we even though we do the worrying while they are having an amazing time.
Morning Malka, I love Avocado's when I was very ill I couldn't manage with them not being in the fridge.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Lynn - an ex SA friend of mine always refused to buy avocados here as she said that "back home in SA we just picked them off the trees in our huge back garden".

Which made me think, but never say, that if you consider SA as being "home", then you know where you can go. And within six months they upped and went back.

I see this frequently on the Israeli Food Group of which I am a member, although I am not sure why I bother with it these days. The members are mostly expat Americans and they, too, talk about "back home", their main requests being where can they find such and such "like we bought back home".

It explains why so many people, who emigrate to come here but expect things to be the same, and who make no effort to fit in - give up and go "back home" because they could not get the same things here.

I mean I might just as well say that because there is no such thing as malt vinegar here I will not stay. But I guess that after coming up to 29 years without malt vinegar, I have managed perfectly well without it!
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2014, 11:49 AM
Morning all
It was chucking it down but now is lovely and sunny.
Well took Lauryn for her fasting blood test this morning, she was ever so brave and didn't moan once ( a miracle for her ) so treated her to a Greg's sausage cob & cup of tea now have to ring docs for her result appointment. She's gone off to school and when I got home I took Rosie out
Hubby is still suffering with his abscess but pain killers are working a bit.
I should do the cleaning but I've so far read a couple of pages of a book I've downloaded, supposed to be a bit like 50 shades will let you know and now I'm on here lol
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2014, 11:49 AM
I know you're right LYNN can't say I blame her.If I had it to do again,think I'd head off too
Dry and sunny now but still very very windy...just stopped to have a bag of wotsits Had Lacey out so she's snoozing,bit of peace now to crack on,get the jobs done.Pretending not to notice the ironing Need a new ironing board,mine is ancient,will pop into Argos later,could do with a new iron too but I'll not push it!!
Bought a new lamp in Next the other day,what's up with these new bulbs barely any light from it at all,hardly good for reading by Hate the time delay,between switching it on and it actually coming on,drives me nuts All new bulbs seem to be like that,environmentally friendly I know but can't be good for your eyesight
I'm done ranting now
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Afternoon all

Phew! All jobs jobbed, but what a palarva up at the van, I had so much stuff everywhere, I couldn't find what I wanted, so instead of my normal little routine with sticking to one room at a time, I was chopping and changing as and when I got to all the stuff (that's down to my bad packing of it all though ).

Seems like hours ago since I went on my morning walk, but of course, I was up there at just gone 7, so it was ages ago with what I've done this morning. I'm not taking Zena out again, I just haven't got the energy and I'm starving.

Went to Sainsburys for a new kettle cos when doing my Pat testing I noticed they had melted half the kettle, so thought it wise to get them a new one.

Bit dull and drab here this morning, who nicked my lovely sunshine then Wasn't you was it DD???

Lynn, sorry your cough is bad today, don't do too much, it can wait. Maybe watch Gorden in supervisory mode, that's what I do when Dave's working.

Eileen, oh my goodness, that weather of yours, you must still be stuck in the storms zone up there, I hope we don't get any of them back.

Malka, I've never, ever eaten an advocada, I really must try one one day, but then they're full of cholesterol aren't they? They are on my "don't eat" list from the hospital anyway for some strange reason.

Hi Jen, at least it's not raining.

HI Bev, bet you're getting really excited now, have a safe journey and don't get lost! Lol at that stooped cat of yours

Hi Norma, I need to wash out my wheelie bin too, it's got all that manky gravy at the bottom, but I only remember when it's empty, then I forgot, and keep filling it back up again

Hi Moyra, hope you can get out for a nice walk with Amber this morning in the sunshine.

Hi Mandy, good luck with your daughter's results, and your poor hubby, tell him he has my deepest sympathies, I've had a lifetime of absesses, hence the plastic now, it's the only wtg for me.

Hi Linda, there's never any garden with these new houses, they want the space for houses not gardens, which equates to more dosh! You can't win, don't even think of buying one, just add on to what you've got. Stop looking over the road at them

Chip pan on fire, gotta go...........

Hi
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2014, 12:38 PM
I can just imagine Dillon, Lynn. It's bad enough getting mud off Loki - although it does seem to slide off eventually - but a big furry lad like Dillon must be a challenge!

We have your sun Helena! It's lovely here now!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2014, 12:51 PM
Afternoon all,

The sun is now out although its pretty chilly still. I drove the dogs up to the top field as I really wanted a break from shampooing their feet which I have to do if they've been on the roads. They had a romp around the 9 acre field and then crashed out in our hall in the sun.
Our pressure washer still hasn't arrived and OH has told me not to mention it again and that he's been in contact with the seller who is still saying it was dispatched last Monday .... I think I've given him a hard time over it Decided to empty my hanging cupboard in the bedroom as the floor of it was piled high with all sorts of stuff ... lots of stuff for the charity shop now

Emmis Is this due to your fast training yesterday
Hopefully you'll loosen up once you are moving around.
Enjoy your day Norma and I hope you get all that washing done.
Nippy I hope you managed to buy some bling to go with that lovely outfit
Moyra thanks but still no pressure washer . How's your ear infection
Lore Good luck this afternoon at school and I really hope that bully gets his just desserts. I hope Brian is OK ... quite a worry for you.
LS Good 'ol Loki jumping in muddly puddles They love it don't they ... well not all dogs but mine do Whenever I see adverts for new build houses it always amazes me how little garden they allocate each house. I presume its due to land being such a premium and the need for housing stock.
Lacey You'll be in for a peaceful evening then I'm really thankful that neither of my boys took a year off before Uni and then didn't get a chance to after as they both went straight in to jobs. Every summer though for the past four years they do disappear to every corner of the world. A great experience for them to travel but I know some friends who had a girl who went to Australia and they sent her with an organised group so there was less worry.Thanks for the Ellie update and what a huge relief.
Mandy I often have days were I need a rocket up my backside to get me started Mind you if you get in to that book you'll probably not get anything else done Your poor OH with his tooth abscess.
Hi Malka I do agree with you regarding people coming live in our countries. They are so welcome providing they make an effort to fit in and not moan about how different things are

We are both going up to a neighbour's for tea at around 4 which I'm really looking forward to ..... it usually ends up with a drink too early evening. Enjoy your afternoon and see you all later.

Has anyone seen Meg recently I'm a little worried about her because she hadn't been well had she.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2014, 12:56 PM
Helena I took so long typing my last post you snuck in while I wasn't watching I love avocados but with Lee & Perrins ..... not something I'll be eating while on a diet though. Well done sorting the other van ... is it all done now? I hope you were joking about the chip pan being on fire
Lynn I hope you are having a restful day encouraging that nasty virus to bu**er off.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2014, 01:05 PM
Hi Jenny, yes, house still intact here It was creaking and groaning, I had actually forgotten that I'd switched it on, so I'm glad it reminded me. Yep, van all done, just need to fire her up tomorrow with Dave now and check that everything works. Then of course, I'll be doing the 2nd van next Tuesday when they've moved out. Never ending isn't it.

Poor Zena, she's had the tiniest bit of chicken with some cooked carrots for lunch, no brekkie, just a fish stick I'm starving this poor girl. She will get half a cup of kibble tonight and that'll be it for another day. I must get this weight off her, although have to say, I think she looks fab, with a gleaming, glossy coat, and if I were to take her down to the beach and she got soaking wet, I swear she'd resemble a greyhound, but hey ho, we've got to get some of the weight off her cos of her breed, I don't want leg problems in her old age.

I took some pics of her whilst we were playing last night, so I'll upload a couple. Tomorrow Jenny, I'm going with Dave, so will be able to take the camera with me and show you some pics of the other side lol! You know what I mean

Must get that washing in before it rains, if it dares
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-03-2014, 01:12 PM
Afternoon Mandy well done to daughter and hope OH feels better soon.
Malka does make me laugh that people expect where they move too if to another country or possibly a different county even that they expect things to be the same.
Helena hope that chip pan fire is now out. No supervising Gorden he is working in between social networking and playing some war game. I will let him off though as he is also researching cottages for a holiday in August, we are hoping that Mark and Tracey will come here for a free holiday while we are away doubt they will even be able to afford a camping holiday this year.
Eileen always worrying when your children go away especially abroad Michael was around 25 I think when he went to Dubai oh how I worried. No shame in it shows you love them and care for them. We will all be here for you if she decides to go.
Well that told you Jenny. Enjoy your tea out at your friends this afternoon.

Just finished the housework. Tuesday I washed the walls down and the doors that Dillon had made grubby by shaking and brushing against today they needed doing again.
The hoover needs emptying every couple of days and the filter bashing to get the humongous amount of dust out that collects on the floors from when he dries off and I have quilt covers down to take the worst. And thank goodness for brown leather sofas is all I can say.
I am totally fed up of it constantly being wet and muddy now and I haven't had floods to deal with so how those are coping that have I have no idea and I have much admiration for them.
Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »