View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 07:02 AM
Morning one and all but especially Madmare. How absolutely awful for you and poor Lily! I do hope a vet will come out to you. They aren't going to know whether you've got the money or not before they get there are they - you could hopefully come to an arrangement with them to pay it afterwards if 80 doesn't cover it.

I was going to suggest like Lynn that you roll her onto a duvet or rug and drag her to the car.

I'd knock on those neighbour doors anyway even if they are aged. Being in your 80s doesn't necessarily mean you are helpless and hopeless.

Could your daughter get over to you to help - if she is still not working? (Thinking more here of her being able to babysit Lily if you have to go to work - not to help get her into the car)

I really really hope Lily will be OK you must be distraught.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-10-2013, 07:03 AM
Morning Pat.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 07:07 AM
Morning Pat,
My daughter is back in Pirbright Surrey and doesn't drive, also I have a high step to my door so can't wrap and drag her. Honestly my neighbours are all frail old ladies, no way could they lift a greyhound.
I am going to try and ring the vets again now but I have a feeling they are not open till 8.30.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 07:23 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Pat,
My daughter is back in Pirbright Surrey and doesn't drive, also I have a high step to my door so can't wrap and drag her. Honestly my neighbours are all frail old ladies, no way could they lift a greyhound.
I am going to try and ring the vets again now but I have a feeling they are not open till 8.30.
But have you asked your daughter if she could help? She could get a train. Hell I'm two and half thousand miles from my family but would be there like a shot if really needed. As I am right now! (Leaving my little Bella with Stalin!)
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 07:51 AM
BEV,feel so bad for you,this is awful Poor Lily.Surely the vet will understand you're not fit to lift her,could even cause more damage if you do Hope you can come to an arrangement,no vet worth their salt would leave an animal in pain like that.Praying everything will be o.k (( hugs))
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 07:52 AM
I have booked Lily in vets for 10 past 10. I will try and force her to get up and try and walk to the car. The vets will help get her out the other end.
They said if I can't get her in the car a vet can come out this afternoon, but I honestly don't want to leave her in this pain till this afternoon. I don't know honestly what the vet can do as she cannot tolerate any pain relief except Tramadol which I have her on anyway. She has a severe allergic reaction to all others.
I am in bits here, just hope something can be done.

Pat my daughter wouldn't get back here till later today and I can't leave Lily like this that long.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 07:52 AM

Before I do anything else Hellooooooo Sara, cos I forgot her yesterday
Hi Lynn, Helena and Jenny
OMG Bev poor Lily, what a dilemma for you. I hope the vet can help you with a visit.

Dreadful day here, Pepsi refuses to go out, even for a wee, it is so wet and windy. Another day of indoor work then
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 08:01 AM
Morning everyone
It's RESULTS DAY!! So looking forward to hearing the news,have a good feeling about this
Hubby will be home at 5 just for tonite though,back to Dublin then,home again Friday
There was a dead dog lying on the side of the road this morning on the school run Obviously been hit by a car.Horrible for all those school kids having to see that when their walking past My daughter and her friend covered their eyes going past So sad for the owners if the dog managed to somehow escape,shame on them if they just let it roam
Another dry day here,but you can see something is looming
Gonna grab a coffee and make the beds
Have a great day all xx
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 08:07 AM
BEV,this morning is gonna feel like forever for you Is there a shop, supermarket or something nearby,you could maybe ring them and ask for help.In this situation people would be only too willing to help.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 08:19 AM
Good Morning everyone,

Bev. I am so sorry for the plight you are in with Lily. I do hope you manage to get her to the vets.

TW hope you are in for some good news today.

Jenny well done on your quiz last night what a result and how nice of you all to let the young lad keep the winnings. Have a good visit to your mum.

Lynn, well with contracts signed and the two problems almost out of the way cannot be long now before you will exchange contracts.

Malka, do hope Pereg was ok last night and you managed to get some sleep.

Helena that was some trip last night in the dark. I have to admit I rarely drive in the dark, correction I rarely drive at all these days.

Eileen, how horrible for the children to see a dead dog on the side of the road, surely if it is road kill then whoever was responsible should have reported it. or is the law different there?

Thanks for your advice everyone re diet for Amber apart from a couple of dentastix she had when she came back from her walk she is not eating this morning. Cannot say I blame her for some reason she has gone off chicken. She doesn't like carrots which is a pity she will sometimes eat a bit of apple. I have offered her bakers mixed complete meal but she is not interested in that either, so I shall leave her be. She will eat when she is hungry. I am not going to reduce her walks because I cannot walk her far as it is but I do throw a ball for her to get her to run back and forwards to make up for the lack of walking so I may reduce that.

Have a good day everyone, and I do hope you can sort Lily out Bev. God bless.
Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »