Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-10-2013, 05:22 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread Wednesday.

Morning everyone.
It is very foggy out there so take care if venturing out.
No running in and out today so just the norm for me unless I get a call from Mark if he needs a lift after having his tooth out. He only lives across the road from the dentist but he has never had a tooth out. He has had an infection but we are not sure it is related and they may not take it out yet because although the swelling in his face has disappeared a lot there is still a smallish rock hard lump there.
He is not best pleased he has some work and is losing a day today. Plus he wants to play football tonight as he missed it last week.

June fingers crossed for the scan today. Lovely picture you posted last night.
Sara I was pleased to read your BIL's MIL is recovering.
Helena I hope the cushions were worth that drive you found yourself doing last night. We're all the same aren't we worrying about the dog if anything happened to us. Not about the predicament we might be in ourselves.
Pat how are things with Mart and yourself ?
Malka I am hoping you and Pereg had a better night last night.
Bev I hope Lily is better today.
Linda I hope Michael's tooth has stopped hurting.

I hope everyone else is well and all our furry and scaly friends.

Off to make a cuppa and get Gorden sorted for work.
See's you all later.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 05:56 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

You just beat me to it Lynn, I don't know why I'm getting up in the dark like this, but I seem to be wide awake at 6 now, I'm probably waiting for those clocks to go back, but hang on a minute, that means I'll be wide awake at 5 You did make me laugh yesterday with your comment about me being too tired to go to Dunelms, but today I will start off in there (probably lose the whole morning that way, but hey ho!).

I wish the van was empty and I could go up and have a play with all these cushions. I might pop in there and see if they'd mind if I went in when they were out. I can always pretend I'm going up there with the upholsterer couldn't I and how important it is cos he doesn't work Saturdays....it's only a little porky

Zena's still in bed, hasn't even stirred to go out yet, but I'm making the most of it cos this is the only time in the day that she's actually tired and leaving me alone.

Good luck with the scan today June, we'll all be hanging on a thread here, in anticipation of some good news later. I can't imagine there aren't any babies with everything that's been said (and done!). Positive vibes on constant today for you June.

Catch you all later, hope you're all ok along with the doglets.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 06:14 AM
Morning Lynn, Helena and fellow members,

I was hoping for a bit of lie in until 7 but my eldest son text me around 1am to let me know he'd be staying the night as he had an early start this morning. The dogs were so excited to see him this morning that of course I was wide awake then. He left for work about half hour ago. The dogs have been out and had their breakfast.

Quiz night was fun last night and we won. A maximum of 6 allowed on a team and we had 5. We ended up asking a young lad (who turned out to be a student from the local Uni) a couple of answers on the first round which he knew so promptly coerced him onto out team and paid for him. What a laugh we had. The winnings were a whopping £23 ( ) so all decided to give it to the young lad rather than split it between 6.

I'm taking the dogs and going over to visit Mum this morning but will be around this afternoon.

June - Hopefully we'll all be cracking open the champagne later
Lynn and Helena enjoy your day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-10-2013, 06:16 AM
Morning Helena I knew you wouldn't be able to stay away from Dunelms for long.
Maybe your guests at the van are popping out for a while then you could get in there to play with the cushions. Small porkys are ok.
Horrible isn't it dark by 6.30 in the evenings and just getting light at 6.30 in the mornings.
There's a weird sunrise out there in our back garden and the fog has lifted but we are due rain again. Apparently.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 06:20 AM
Morning all,
Lily was acting in severe pain yesterday and didn't want to walk or move. I thought she may have tweaked something and put her on tramadol for the pain.
This morning even with the tramadol she can't get up or hardly even lift her head.
I am in pieces as she is so stoic normally so she must be in agony.
I don't know how I will get her to the vets as there is nobody to carry her to the car for me. I am in pieces as this looks serious, she can't even stand to go out for a wee.
Greys are very prone to bone cancer and because they are so stoic you never know till its too late and they act like this.
She is really suffering here. I am going to have to phone and see how much a home visit will be but don't know if I have the money for it.
I am in peices and can't stop crying.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 06:22 AM
Lynn - I meant to say ........ POOR MARK . Tooth infections are worse than anything. Hopefully he won't have to have that tooth out, but either way he'd be mad to play football tonight ..... increasing his blood pressure will make it hurt far more and bleed more if he ends up having it out.

Now it is starting to get light outside the pink sky (although not a good sign) is stunning!! Take a look .... providing you don't have fog that is.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-10-2013, 06:26 AM
Morning Jenny enjoy the visit to mum and have a safe journey.
You Cougars you I be that student thought all his Christmas's had come at once. Glad you had a good night.
Bev I am sorry about Lily the only thing I can suggest is to use a blanket or quilt if you can get her on it and maybe gently and slowly drag her to the car the next problem would be getting her into the car. Could you knock on a neighbours door and see if anyone can help ?
Sorry don't know what else to suggest. (((Hugs))).
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-10-2013, 06:27 AM
Jenny if the tooth comes our I don't think he will play well I hope he won't.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 06:35 AM
Lynn she can't get up for me to drag her anywhere. She must be busting for a wee but can't get up to go to the toilet, she is now not even lifting her head slightly.

Most my neighbours are in their late 80's and the only two that arn't have gone off to work. in London.

I will phone when the vets opens and see how much for someone to come out. I can raise £80.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-10-2013, 06:39 AM
Oh no Bev. Hopefully the vet will come out and allow you to pay what you can and then the rest on an arrangement. They bl**dy well should come out she is is obviously in a lot of pain.
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »