Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2013, 05:44 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread- Sunday

Morning all Dogsey Peeps

Thought I'd get this up before I get stuck in the kitchen cooking half a dozen breakfasts for Dave and his mates who will all be piling over by 7 am. Typical isn't it, I should have got up at 6, but when you know you have to, you don't want to, so I didn't.

Hope everyone is ok along with the doglets, and I'll be back later after they've all left for Brands and I've walked Zena. I really must get a move on, but I do like my little routine of sitting here with a coffee whilst coming round.

Enjoy a lovely Sunday everyone although the weather looks pretty grim, it's calm and dry darn sarf for the moment anyway.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-10-2013, 06:10 AM

Road now being surfaced, but they will need about four layers so slowly slowly, doing one layer at a time. Da Booga has been sitting outside watching them all and I am enjoying the smell of the tarmac as it is clearing my lungs like nothing else can do!

Orli, our nurse, is supposed to be coming round to all the housebounds to give us our flu shots in a couple of hours - assuming they are delivered to the clinic of course, but the sooner I have mine the better.

It is a bit overcast at the moment but it is still early and my thermometer says it is 26°C so it is lovely and comfortable.

Have a good day everyone!
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2013, 06:12 AM
Morning Helena!

I've just finished a long soak in the tub, put my jammies on and crawled into bed. Thought I'd check to see if the thread was up before crashing.

Holy Hannah, did I sure have a day! I'm EXHAUSTED! I must tell you all about it, not that you will really care, but it's necessary that everyone hears about it, as it's nothing I've ever done before!

I wemt to the Farmer's Market in the am, got there around 10, but didn't even get around all of it before everyone started packing up at 12:30. It's an incredibly busy place. I bought parsnips, carrots, beets, turnips, yams, onions, red, white and purple potatoes, honey, alpaca mittens, and some lamb jerky there... my backpack had to have weighed 30lbs! So I took it all home, grabbed Mouse and went to the pet store to pick up cat litter and 15 large cans of food... my back pack weighed considerably more! So took that all home, left Mouse, went to Wal-Mart to get a roaster, olive oil, an orange and celery, then to the grocery store for everything else ... another 30 or so lbs then took that all home, then back out to get wine and Bailey's... which I promptly opened and had a glass over ice (or 2) lol. All on foot, mind you! Took me all day just to accomplish my groceries for tomorrow (today for you all) all the stores are within 15 minutes walking, except the Farmer's Market, which I had to take the bus for, but I feel as if I walked 30 miles today!

And tomorrow/today, I have to cook it all!

By the way, I decided on duck... so this could all end in disaster if I hate it, or ruin it! Lol. I have never cooked a Thanksgiving dinner before, and never roasted anything but veggies or pizza, so I may have bit off more than I can chew... but I haven't had a real tg dinner since my mom moved away, so if I'm going to have one, then I better do it myself!

I wanted to comment on the rest of yesterday's thread, but I'm falling asleep typing this, so I'm gonna stop here and get caught up when I wake up!

Have a good morning all! See ya on thw flip side!
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2013, 06:13 AM
Oh Malka, you snuck in when I was typing! Morning to you too!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2013, 06:15 AM
Morning Helena poor you don't envy you one bit this morning.
Gone are the days for me when I could get up do all the chores then sit and have my cuppa I now need the cuppa first sometimes two.
I hope Dave has a good day and we might not see you as you might be nanny napping all day.

I haven't been out as I haven't been up long but it is miserable out there. Dark and wet.
This is what worries me when we move I won't be around to give Mark a lift to take Joel home its a bit of a trek if the weather is like this or he is unwell like he is at the moment and Tracey is working so they have no car. I woke up feeling pretty down about it. Then I had a brain wave I will leave him an emergency money envelope for taxi's if he needs it. I shan't worry so much then.
I am taking Joel home tonight firstly because Mark is unwell and can't face the bike ride due to his abscess and would of done anyway if the weather is like it is as Tracey is dong a long day today.
Apart from that not sure what we are up too more packing probably.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone I hope it is drier where you are.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2013, 06:21 AM
Morning Malka hope you get your flu jab.
Glad to hear the tarmaccing is now under way.
Sara. is your back feeling bad ? I remember the days I could do things like that. You will sleep like a log. Good luck with the duck I am sure it will be lovely and have a lovely Thanksgiving.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2013, 06:58 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

Woke up to a beautiful clear sunny sky and its really warm outside .....only kidding ... it's vile out there and even now is still quite dark The dogs raced outside and did everything they had to so the pressure if off now to get them out for their first walk. The party was in walking distance last night and I wore my new boots ..... ouch, my right foot was killing me after about 1/2 hour there so I spent the next three hours or so leaning on things so that I could take the weight off my right foot or sitting one of the several large squashy settees there. I was concerned that if I got too comfy though I'd nod off I removed my boots to walk home and it was lovely A good night sleep and my foot remarkably seems OK today

Helena - I hope your chef's hat was securely on your head while you were cooking and you smiled graciously when the breakfast orders were yelled through to the kitchen for you .... I'm sure Dave's mates were very very appreciative.
Malka - Today must be a celebration what with the tarmac starting ... truly the beginning of freedom The smell of tarmac reminds me of the Marmite ads over here .. you either love it or hate it ..... yukkkk ... I hate the smell.
. I hope the flu jab goes OK.
Lynn - Oh (((hugs))) you have woken up feeling apprehensive again about the move. Leaving a 'taxi' envelope is a really lovely idea and I'm sure will be much appreciated. I hope you can find a dry 'window' to get Dillon out as it's hammering down here now.
Sara - OMG you'll sleep well after your shopping on foot. Anyway I hope you back hasn't suffered through all that weight. HAPPY THANKSGIVING and I hope your lunch is a huge success.

See you all a little later.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2013, 07:20 AM
Morning H and all,

Just got soaked yet again walking Lily, we kept it short as she was not amused being out in the rain or with the puddles down the lane and wet grass on the field.

Yesterday was awful. A chap with 2 staffys and a young child was walking up the road by the animal rescue centre. he had them off lead (on a main road) . The black staffy jumped into where the ponies were and badly attacked two of them. The man jumped the fence, got his dog and ran off. One pony the vet has managed to stich back together but the little shetland was so badly injured it had to be rushed into the vets for emergency treatment. i just hope it will survive.
He must be local and the police have been informed, but I spent yesterday helping the rescue by spreading it across a social site in hope someone local recognises him and his dogs. The one that attacked must have been covered in the ponies blood.
Another irresponsible owner giving staffys a bad name, but he needs to be caught before his dog attacks other animals or much loved pets if he won't put it on a lead and control it.

Mum and dad popping round at 12 for coffee and Charly is making her lovely chocolate banoffee pie for me to try and she is making another for Ash to take back with him for he and his mates to share.

H, good luck with all those breakfasts. Don't envy you as I hate cooking for numbers.

Sleep well Sara.

Malka hope you get your flu jab ok. I must go and book mine this week. Sounds like the work outside yours is nearing the end. Its taken so long. hopefully soon you will be able to get in and out again and have some peace.

Lynn good luck with the packing, Good idea about the money in an envelope.

Jenny glad your foot is feeling a bit better this morning.

Have a good day all and keep dry if you can.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2013, 07:30 AM
Good Morning everyone, Got the Japanese grand prix on. Threequarters of the way through it. I missed the start so will have to watch that again later in the day. Have a good day everyone. Might go back to bed when the grand prix has finished. God bless, Moyra
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2013, 08:08 AM
Morning folks
I have just dropped a new box of cotton buds and they are all over the floor. I never knew there were that many in one box.
Anyone fancy a game of pick-up-sticks....... remember that?!
Dry here so far lets hope it stays like it.
Sara, my back is aching for you!
Jenny I hope your foot is better today
Bev poor ponies and I feel sorry for you witnessing it

Sorry brain freeze now, can't remember what else I was going to say!
Have a good Sunday everyone.
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »