View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 02:07 PM
I am fine now, got our home back to ourselves again. I told her he was a Jekyll and Hyde character. So she said you wont want him again them, I said no I think not. I told her love him when he is being sweet and good but when he turns I am frightened of him and so is Amber but both being placid we put up with it.

She still didn't say he had bitten her.

I am off to have a stiff scotch enjoy yourselves.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 02:18 PM
Tang, just be careful okay, you don't want to make anything worse!

Loving the sound of a baked tattie.

I've been busy and interspersed with periods of surfing Got the dishes done, the washing out, sorted out the washing pile so just have ironing left to do. Had the last of Brian's tattie soup for lunch. Having coffee before hitting the ironing. Fyrish is looking less likely so I'm going to go for a run later instead. OH is just too knackered.

We will go during the October hols instead, next weekend Davie and I will be going to cadets for the weekend. Looking forward to that.

Never mind, the rest of my day is ironing and perhaps study later if I get time, dinner is Roast chicken. So looking forward to it.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Ok Tang sorry, I thought you were laughing at my misfortune. I should have known that you would NEVER do that
Can we be friends now?
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Oh Kazz that's an awful surgery. I've never been in such pain as that. Painkillers wouldn't work the morphine didn't work, the freezing they put in my leg didn't work. I didn't sleep or eat for two days and on top of it I was horribly sick from the anaesthetic. And they still sent me home that afternoon, in a -25 degree blizzard when we had to drive 2 hours home. I'd already had one surgery on it that was a piece of cake, so I wasn't expecting that! But I was walking on it by the end of the week, so I healed fast. I was only 18 tho, and my knee is still bad.

Anyway, to make a long story short, you have my deepest sympathies!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Took Cariad and Keshi onto the river bank and I found these where MercMan is going to build his houses, they must be mushrooms but they are VERY big ones

They won't be growing there this time next year

Then took Lona and Mabs onto the river, got some brilliant piccies of them, so will put them on a separate thread I think.
Here is one of Mabs, she is now 2 weeks on, if she is that is!!!
and one coming out of the water with mum behind her.
The rest will go on the separate thread

Glad you've got your home back now Moyra, so did sis even say thank you, or bring you a pressie to say thank you
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 02:47 PM
OH and son still not back but sure they will be very soon. I watched that programme and it was good but I just wonder how much of it was staged

Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
She still didn't say he had bitten her.
So pleased you are feeling a little more like yourself now. The trouble is people take advantage of 'yes' people and Moyra you are clearly someone who'll always help and never says no. Was your sister wearing long sleeves? She's probably got bite marks all over her arms Enjoy the rest of the day.
Eileen - You've been busy and I hope little Lacey doesn't mind her bath. Whatever happened to Sunday being a 'day-of-rest' .... wouldn't it be lovely if we could all do nothing and no shops were open so we wouldn't have to feel guilty if we literally 'did nothing'.
Sara - Good morning to you and I hope you had a good sleep.
Lore - You are as busy as ever. I have 5 shirts to iron so I might just pop them on your pile if you don't mind as I really don't like doing shirts.
June - Is Keshi confirmed to quarters or will you take her to training ... it is training on Sunday isn't it? Have you had your locks done yet?

Back shortly but want to get the dogs to have a wee before I feed them
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 02:56 PM
TW,gorgeous pics,dare to say she looks mumsie-ish
JENNY G,method in my madness,wanted to get all done so I could watch the match,have a few beers So far Mayo are leading by a point,only 22 mins in though,so early days Hubby says he'll give me £500
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 03:16 PM
Kazz
Indeed join me in the celebration of ice cream. It was my understudy who introduced me to drizzling stuff like Tia Maria and other liquers over ice cream. I will have to do a total fast before travelling to the Uk at this rate! (Of course carrying more weight doesn't help your back either).

I am definitely FEELING THE LOVE a bit more from this forum today lol! But have to admit back feels much better (but then I've been necking pills all day) and I have been norty and moved a few bits around (but put soft rugs under so they slid on the tiles - aren't I clever!) Trouble is I get quickly BORED when taking it easy.

Very glad to hear Jenny.g is feeling better too. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to try to train 2 dogs at once or even one if the other one is around!

Kazz
Just do EVERYTHING they advise you to do. The hellishly painful exercises I had to do for ages really did make all the difference to my knee/hamstring injury. You can't rely on just the surgery and the osteo. You have to put the work in as painful as it is. You are quite young - you can hack it girl!

As for looking after other people's dogs. Last one I offered to have for a week - owner came back and didn't come for it and when I phoned her told me she was 'busy'! I insisted and when she got here she asked me right out if I would like to keep him! Errr NO! She then took the huff saying that it wasn't fair on the dog as he had 'got used to you' now lol! Unbelievable. I've never offered again.

Helena
Hippo killer.

Lynn - I don't always twig on to the early warning signals if I'm busy. And yes about the sneeze - well one of my worst bouts (back went into spasm) was when I picked up a lump of coal with the tongs - leaned forward to pull the fireguard away and ... BANG! Stuck there in agony! I've had another episode where I just swung round on my typing chair at work and leaned into a filing drawer - almost had to be carried out! Bending and twisting at the same time is always dodgy. Sneezing and violent coughing too.

Nippy you are forgiven (but I was laughing at you really!) I hope it won't be too long before something else quite stupid happens to you so I can have another good laugh about it lol! (I recall the last time was summat to do with your teeth?) lol! Not a good name to have with tooth probs is it? NIPPY?

More lovely photos TW - look at that long tongue!

Well can I get a bit more sympathy for being SWELTERING? It's all muggy and humid again.

*I've got this insane urge to start repainting the living room. I will resist. I think I just come up with stuff to keep my mind from dwelling on other stuff - like Martin's spine!

And no - still haven't had a decision from him yet.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-09-2013, 03:17 PM
Keshi can't go training whilst in season, neither can I take Lona or Mabs as they are in season as well. The only one I could take is Cariad, and I had a bit of a 'do' with someone who has only just got into the Gold class, because I was stood talking to someone and apparently Keshi was 'putting her dog off' as he kept looking at her now excuse me, but in the Gold class your dog is expected to be watching YOU not other dogs, and if it does it is not meant to react!!! Goodness knows what she would do if Cariad was next to her because she would be sussed out and Cariad would more than likely bully her dog, all the others in that class are more than a match for Cariad, and she knows it and she behaves herself. Not willing to even go there I am afraid, because there would be Words exchanged more than likely!!!!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
TW,gorgeous pics,dare to say she looks mumsie-ish
JENNY G,method in my madness,wanted to get all done so I could watch the match,have a few beers So far Mayo are leading by a point,only 22 mins in though,so early days Hubby says he'll give me £500
Is this now to become the SPORT thread? Dig up the pitches and shoot the players I say!
Page 6 of 16 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »