register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-09-2013, 09:35 AM
Was about to post the ctr-alt-arrows thing when you solved it.
I've done that a few times, and always forget what to do, have to ring son to find out. Anway I remember now because I instantly KNEW what to tell you to do.
Have a rest from the cooking today Nippy because you worked so VERY hard last night for the Sick Bay Dinner Party.
I think we best use Pat's bunk beds in here, trouble with the comfy beds they do take up more room, the tv's built into the end of the beds make them bulkier you see. Pat can you pop the bunk beds over here when you admit yourself.
Anyone needing admission this morning can you make an orderly queue and reception will book you in and hand out menu cards which need to be with Chef by 11.30am latest.
Doctors rounds are at 12 noon and then we will know how many are being discharged and what room we have.
Beautiful day here, sun is shining and it is like a spring morning. 18 degrees already.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-09-2013, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
many a peaceful evening spent down there sat on the adjacent beach with my dawg and a book waiting for her while she did her sailing.
Looking back there are some things in life which really are bliss and that has to be one of them. I haven't been able to do that for decades but you can still do it every day (if you want) oh I hate you
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 09:49 AM
Yes TW it's glorious today. in our yard the thermometer is showing 24. It feels more like summer than Autumn.
Taff had a good brushing & he looks lovely now See how long it lasts.
One of the skirting boards under the radiator in the front room was loose so OH is trying to fix that - he had to lie flat on the floor to get to it
Windows cleaned: Kitchen cleaned.grin: Can't Hoover yet till he's finished so am sat with a coffee while I wait.
Have a good day everyone.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 09:49 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

I'm definitely not moving from the sick bay as feel worse today than yesterday . Sore throat which developed into one of those streaming 'kids' colds but also ache all over .

Lynn - Sorry about our sore throat .... I hope it doesn't develop into something else. You can have the bed next to me in sick-bay .... not sure who it belongs to but I don't recognise them
Pat - Sorry about your back. Maybe we can put your day-bed in the sick room as it appears very full at the moment and no free beds.
Bev - Enjoy you day it sounds wonderful.
Malka - No sympathy if your feeling sick from gorging which by the looks of things you and Sally did all of last night I hope you can catch up on some sleep later.
Nippy - That's a relief that your're back on the straight and narrow ... your screen that is. Enjoy our day.

I'm just going to take the dogs out for a very quick run around the field and then NOTHING for the rest of the day.
Hope all the poorly people are feeling better.
See you later.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Morning all I d not need to stay in the hospital wing now able to give up the one day space to another more needy.....although to be honest quite a bit of discomfort......not in a worrying way. And at night in bed my leg seems to move into positions even with the pillow propped under it that the muscles and tendons are not keen on. But good point don't need the crutches any more and can remove the dressings on Tuesday...... YEAH.....

Then 1st Oct I have the post-op visit stitches removed then see the physio, copied from my information as follows

"patients are then ready to start regular, intensive physiotherapy rehab treatments ideally 2 or 3 times a week, to get their knee going, to get the movement back in the joint, to get the strength back in the muscles and to re-train the reflexes."

Just to confirm I have had an
ACL reconstruction - with my hamstring.
Meniscus trimmed.
Plica resection

Knee sore but to be expected, and trying to walk normaly. Hope everyone is good and stays good the weather here is overcast yet not cold or rainy/windy.
A bit bored to be honest given my limited movement ability too much and my knee balloons. So going to peel the potatoes I am even out of ironing.........
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 10:17 AM
The sick bay isn't for folk that are depressed is it? I feel so down this morning I could howl my eyes out. My sister phoned me this morning and said could I take Bertie home to her. I had to tell her that the car was out of petrol and I didn't feel too good. She has just had a fortnight's holiday doing as she pleases while I have worked my socks off looking after her disagreeable dog and now she expects me to take him home. She said ok she will come and pick him up later but she will have to borrow her daughters sat nav as she hasn't a clue how to get here. That shows how often she has visited me. Once in the 17 years I have been in this flat. Just fed the dogs some more chicken. I shall be glad to get back to routine.

I need to change the sheets on my bed did Steve's the other day but mine haven't been done for two weeks with two dogs occupying the bed. Shall have to boil them I think.

Have a good day everyone, God bless. Moyra
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Sniff not talking to Pat anymore, she's being nasty to me

Kazz good luck with your knee, that is just what I had done to mine. Do as you are told and work hard on that physio!
Moyra come on in there is plenty of room and I think there a small bit of chocolate cake left somewhere, always good for depression!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 10:32 AM
Morning Everyone

Blimey, so many sick people today Good that you all stay at home in the warm rather than get out into the supermarkets and give it to the rest of us though. Poor June, you'll be rushed off your feet today in there and poor Jen is going to have to be busy in that kitchen again. I'm so glad I'm out of there now with all those germs, but I might pop in later to see how you all are, and help myself to anything laying around cos you're too sick to eat it all

Got up late, didn't want to put the thread up cos I just knew I'd clash with you Lynn. Had a leisurely walk in the woods, didn't see a soul at 9 am, and now I've slammed in the l**b and that's lunch all sorted for later.

Nothing to report here really, just having a quiet relaxing day.

Jenny, what a great walk you had with Rucksack on his own yesterday, you must have felt so proud when you got back at how different he was and I do hope that episode the other day hasn't set him back at all.

Pat, sorry to hear about your back, but I agree, you certainly overdid it yesterday (pot/kettle talking!).

We haven't got any sunshine but it's very muggy and clammy out there and oh so still, not a breath of wind.

I got Zena's little red hippo out for her just now and she's gone all stupid with it, she's been whingeing at it and whining and picking it up so gently, so I smash my foot on it which then set her off, carrying it around like a little baby. I don't know what it is about this little, red hippo that makes her like this so if somebody could enlighten me it would be much appreciated. I threw it in the bin at one point, and she didn't like that at all, she wouldn't leave the bladdy bin and was whingeing again, so out it came, gave it a bit of a wash, and now she's carrying it around again or just lying there staring at it between her front paws. This dog is totally nuts

Dave's putting my old Astra on e-Bay cos we need to get rid of it. Lovely workhorse for somebody and I had it almost a year and nothing went wrong with it, but I've upgraded back to a bimmer now so it's in the way and he wants his money back.

Hope all of you who are suffering today get well soon, for once I have no aches and pains anywhere, nor do I feel sick or have a cold (kiss of death there then!).

Enjoy a nice, relaxing Sunday everyone
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 10:37 AM
MORNING,
MOYRA,PAT,LYNN & KAZZ Ladies what are you like...Duffers (( hugs)) on the way Hope you're all feeling better soon No lunch out today,no one here Think I'll go for a nice walk with herself and tidy the garden today,bit breezy but nice.Have my days all mixed up,doesn't feel like a Sunday
Enjoy your day all
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 10:41 AM
NIPPY,poor PAT doesn't mean to be nasty,its the medication don't you know? When she's feeling better and back to herself I have no doubt she really will offend you
Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »