View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-09-2013, 12:22 PM
LOL Eileen
Everyone settled eating bones and everywhere clean and tidy.
Although...really funny....there is a sort of mound of shavings in the middle at the back of the Honeymoon Suite buried in it are some very large bones. They are just there, they haven't been moved. I left them to see what would happen, and no one has touched them. Is this Mabs starting to stash food away, Just In Case she gets the Midnight Munchies I will have to chuck them away tomorrow, but it is funny
Hope Helena is OK, I know Jenny's had a couple of texts but to date no actual contact from her.
Lovely to hear the Pirate Prince is now fully recovered and the Vets have taken down the Alert notice in the surgery and they are fervently hoping not to see him again
Sounds like the '60's training class is living up to expectations and the 'trainers' are excelling themselves in showing you how it is done. Very sad about the Bernese, I would have thought they needed exercise like any other dog actually, but who am I to judge
Was very fine rain earlier on but is nice and dry now and the sun is trying to come out. Am hoping the dog sheets are drier than they were and will be going over to bring them home this afternoon. Thinking of doing a tip trip actually, I've got stuff jambed in the top cupboards in my bedroom that hasn't even seen the light of day since it was put there, so time for it to go I think.
Nigel not turned up to do the locks as yet, but I can hope
Have a nice lunch with your son Mini, nice to have a day on your own one day eh.
Moyra, what a shame Bertie and Amber aren't playing together, it may happen yet though. It is so much easier to exercise the dogs if they start playing together, because you can just watch
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Oh that did make me giggle Eileen. Good job you rescued the poor little tortoise.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Afternoon June ooohhh wonder if it is Mabs storing food away. You must be watching for subtle little signs.

Bernese do need exercise unless ill like Ollie was its not because they don't as a breed need it its because they are not able to manage it.
They do tend to be a breed for expelling their energy in the first 5-10 minutes then settle to a plod and then they start again in another 5-10 minutes. As they get older they slow down obviously and they do not get overly hysterical at shorter walks some days.
I am finding with Dillon he does need to run off that energy in the mornings and games on and off during the day.

Some lines are more energetic than others but they do need exercise and outside interaction to sniff and be dogs like any other breed.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-09-2013, 12:46 PM
Ok getting annoyed now been trying to watch Whitechapel on catch up 3 times now and it gets to a certain point and clicks back to the catch up menu.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2013, 12:50 PM
Morning all! I dont have time to type a big reply so just a quick check on Helena
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Afternoon all,

I had a damp walk earlier but a fun one with the dogs. We met 3 other dogs and they all got on really well as Rucksack has met them before. However, I spent so long chatting that the dogs (who always settle by my feet if I stop and chat) didn't get as much of a run around as they should have done. However, I think they made up for it when we got back ..... wet dogs and space to run is usually a good recipe for a mad game

Pat - I've had lots of tooth extractions and have hated every one. All four wisdom teeth were done in the dentist chair . I would much rather have had a GA and they wake up to find them gone. I think H will have left the dentist with her new teef in but whether she has chosen to wear them at home alone I don't know. I'm sure they'll be back in though before Dave gets back tonight.
Lynn - That really fine seems to be just as wetting as the 'proper' rain and drying Dillon must be like drying a small horse How sad about that Great Dane. I think cancer is quite common in those. A friend of a friend who I was chatting to at a party recently has 4 at the moment and all of her previous ones died of cancer. Cancer is also VERY prevalent in Golden Retrievers .
Eileen - I hope you and Lacey enjoyed your walk once you finally got out. I bet you were delighted to find that it was your tortoise causing the knocking noise and not an unwelcome visitor. Did the police eventually speak to that chap? Sorry if you posted about it before, I must have missed it if you have.
L.S. - Good luck for Carys' first swimming lesson at school. I bet she'll excel compared to a lot of the other children. Everything crossed that she has a competent and encouraging teacher. My kids learnt to swim out of school but when they did swim at school the whole class went at the pace of the worse swimmer, so they learnt very little or progressed during school swimming lessons. I'm sure if she does has trouble changing she won't be the only one.
Moyra - Aw what a shame that Bertie is being a spoil-sport and won't play. Have you told him that his stay would be much more fun if he chilled out a bit.
Mini - I hope you have a nice time with your son over lunch. It brightened up here earlier but that horrible drizzle has started again.
Helena - I'll keep leaving get well wishes for you here so that when you do get to pop in you'll know we are all still thinking of you. ((hugs)).
Nippy - How is your BP doing? Coming down I hope.
June - I love the idea of Mabs' bone stash Maybe she has stored them 'cos she is in love with Cruz and she's saving them for him for whenhe comes back I hope your locks get done soon

My OH went along to the dentist this morning to find they had no record of his appointment Their error and not his. He went back again at 11. He's got to have that hurty tooth removed next week and is going back to the hygienist at 2.30 today.
We've just had a phone call from a neighbour who has finally (after 4 months) exchanged on her house so is having a impromptu drinks do at 6 this evening. We'll go a long but I'll have to wear heals again which is a shame as I've been living in trainers for the last 3-4 days and my foot has been a lot better. It's very nice to be asked to all these 'do's' but to be honest I've got to the stage that I wish people weren't QUITE so sociable here ..... 'cos I'm not
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2013, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Ok getting annoyed now been trying to watch Whitechapel on catch up 3 times now and it gets to a certain point and clicks back to the catch up menu.
It's funny you say that 'cos yesterday my OH and I tried to watch the last episode of 'Great British Bake-off' which we'd recorded and for some bizarre reason it only recorded about 11 minutes of it. So we decided to watch in on catch-up and it kept clicking off and going back to menu
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-09-2013, 01:06 PM
Afternoon Sara.
Blooming annoying ain't it jenny. I am going to see if I can contact them its the 2nd part of a 2 parter.
Enjoy the drinks.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Hi JENNY G
Yes had a very enjoyable dander and like you stopped to have a chat with some folk Lace is used to me by now so she just has a wee lie down!!
No news on freaky guy and no sign last night so hopefully that's the end of that
Can't see my utility room for ironing and I need to give two rooms a second coat Think I'll have a coffee and decide which one I'll tackle first
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2013, 01:21 PM
LYNN,2nd part of a 2nd parter
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »