Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-01-2013, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
It is it is

Kyiro hasn't limped today. He had a whole 20 min walk this morning early and was fine.
I took Lily for a long walk this afternoon and when i come back Kyiro was begging to go for a walk. So I popped him in the car with Lily and took him to one of his favourite places and he done another 20 min walk.

Today he wasn't lagging behind or looking depressed, he was trotting along beside me, looking all around for squirrels and catching up on all the weemails he has missed over the last few months. He was actually enjoying himself.
We got home and he has been very happy since and didn't scream when i took his boot off or when i had put it on.

Its like I have the old Kyiro back again, so hopefully tomorrow when the vet examines his foot this will mean its all looking good and he won't need that other toe amputated, just his stitches out and we are back to normal.
Fingers crossed
Wonderful news Bev - I am so happy for Kyiro and for you! (((hugs))) xx
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Brilliant news Bev. So glad kyiro seems to be better He probably heard you threaten him with the vet again & decided he wasn't going to go through all that again.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Shes' been on chicken alone for almost a week. Not fully right, but much better than she was before. The Butchers we are introducing into her diet this past couple of days is chicken and turkey variety.

Normally, I'd suggest something like Wafcol Salmon and Potato for an elimination diet, but she's never had dry food so I'm not sure how she'll handle it, hence why I'm thinking it may be both quicker and easier to go the allergy testing route.

Bless her, she's been quite ill for over a month and for the sake of whatever it costs, it would either confirm or exclude another avenue of possible causes.
But any dry or processed food has many ingredients and additives and preservatives etc so that is defeating the whole idea, and any of those things can be causing a problem.

If she is fine on chicken, then keep her on that; as June says. No need for any dry food with a dog that cannot handle it. And it is harmful for a dog with probekms like that

Add rice after a two week time on chicken. Or fish as June says. Two weeks between any addition and then one ingredient ONLY.
Not a dry food, not a mix.

Again, two weeks and if she is fine on that then add something else.

It really is very easy; keep a diary

Allergy testing will not necessarily help as many of the results vary from test to test. And are not accurate any more than they are with humans.

The true test is the effect on the dog!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
It is it is

Kyiro hasn't limped today. He had a whole 20 min walk this morning early and was fine.
I took Lily for a long walk this afternoon and when i come back Kyiro was begging to go for a walk. So I popped him in the car with Lily and took him to one of his favourite places and he done another 20 min walk.

Today he wasn't lagging behind or looking depressed, he was trotting along beside me, looking all around for squirrels and catching up on all the weemails he has missed over the last few months. He was actually enjoying himself.
We got home and he has been very happy since and didn't scream when i took his boot off or when i had put it on.

Its like I have the old Kyiro back again, so hopefully tomorrow when the vet examines his foot this will mean its all looking good and he won't need that other toe amputated, just his stitches out and we are back to normal.
Fingers crossed
See! Candle still burning here....thanksgiving
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Fantastic news Bev. It's really good to hear that Kyiro is more comfortable.
I bet he was happy to be out and about
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by Norma808 View Post
Nippy
How could you ?
It's taken me so long to type my bit everyone else has scoffed the Pudding That's just not not on a well IF YOUR NOT FAST YOUR LAST
Did look DELICIOUS
Hahaha my son-in-law is an adviser for Slimming World. He has lost 8 stone over a period of time.
I said to him there is treacle pud or help yourself to whatever you want from the fruit bowl.
Guess what.....he had treacle pud
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Well, MY treacle pud is lovely.. Not steamed,, I threw some sponge ingredients togther, some syrup in the bottom of a dish and into the wee range oven...Rather fine!

There is some left but not for long.....
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Nippy
Just shows how much he appreciates his moms cooking clever boy
Well done him loosing so much
Wish I could loose the lbs never could stick to a diet !
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Moet - I am so sorry I didn't say 'Hi' to you too, I didn't notice you hiding behind Nippy.
Hi, I a far to big to hide behind anyone unfortunately!
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Rosebud77
Please please save some for me as everyone's scoffed NIPPYS and I'm starving hungry here !!!!!!
Suppose il make do with the scrappings bohoooo
Page 7 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »