View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Beautiful blue sky (just the odd fluffy cloud) and it feels positively warm ..... compared to what it has been.

Just had a lovely walk with my two but they are soooo muddy right up to their tummy. Saw lots of other dogs which was nice as they are dogs mine have met before.

Just waiting for my brother to arrive for coffee which I'm looking forward to and watching (with one eye) the tennis. Really thought Murray would win, but it's looking unlikely now.

Enjoy your day and see you later.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 12:20 PM
Wardrobe is sorted. I've ended up with 17 pairs of trousers that bury me after loosing weight three of them still with the labels on. Destined for the charity shop when I go to town. I've only got 4 pairs now that fit me that I've bought recently. Tons of room in the wardrobe now & no I don't like shopping.

I cleaned the windows this morning as well while it was a nice day but of course I've made it rain doing that. Still blue skies though so it might pass over.

Good luck with the job applications Lynn .Hope you manage to get something.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Thank you TM. If Gorden can strike lucky I won't need the part time job but I thought maybe I better start testing the water because if he doesn't we will need every penny.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Linda , you've lost me there with the Gangnam, I got lost when my niece talks about "somebody in the room" or is that a "wardrobe" maybe, being her favourite group

- It's a Korean video by PSY that took YouTube by storm. It became the first video to get over a billion hits. It's mad and all the kids do the dance - and so do certain PMs apparently. Forget French - the school children's Korean is coming on well.

It's driving me mad!

Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Morning all. The snow has gone this morning. I'd forgotten that the park was actually green. it's a lovely day now - cold wind though. It would be a lovely drying day but I've no washing to do.
Hope kyiro is ok at the vets tomorrow. Poor boy. He'll feel better by this time next week.
I had a horrible dream last night .Our houses were being demolished to make way for a motorway but along with the rest of the street we had nowhere to go. The whole street was sat in town with one bag each which was all we could carry. & because we had no house I killed Taffy with a brick to his head & had to put him in a bedding box out of our bedroom & bury him in a hole that the road workers had made outside. I was glad to wake up & find it wasn't true.
I think I'll go & sort my wardrobe out now & find some stuff that doesn't fit to make a bit of room.

Have a good day everyone.
That wasn't a dream, it was a nightmare! What did you eat last night to do that!
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
That wasn't a dream, it was a nightmare! What did you eat last night to do that!
Nothing that I know of I only had a banana for a snack abt 8pm
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 12:51 PM
At least I wasn't alone last last night in the storm...Almost as bad still although always easier when it is light.

Sunshine then watch out! Pea- sised hailiboys smashing sideways...The back mountains that I can just get a glimpse of between the nearer range are still white.

All is as it needs to be; at least the range fire caught fast as always when it is windy.. I have dumped the chicken breast in the oven in foil and managed to peel potatoes and cut cabbage to cook later. Would love to bake but no energy for that so will rest on my laurels, or cabbage leaves in this case..

Dogs are fine; you would never credit collie was so ill. I reckon it was the burst pipe THAT SHE BURST! and lying in cold water half the night that caused it all. Oh landlord told me the plumber had sent a bill for E150 ( of course I has said I would pay) When I picked my jaw up I realised that that was the aggregate bill for all the other work....landlord not very good at paperwork! All will be sorted yet.

So on we go; can hardly believe January is all but over. Panic as I will be taking knitteds to a craft shop on March 1st and need more than I have.. of course it wil be fine but this is a new venture down here and I need to make a good and professional impression.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Just got back from a lovely morning out in the sunshine. A lot milder (still cold, but so much better), but the wind is quite high.

Rosie did a parcel while we were out which was slightly green and slightly mucossy <sp?> so I'm starting to think the problem is possibly food related. She's still very happy in herself though so maybe just a bit of a reaction to the changeover.

If it carries on, or, God forbids, gets worse, I'm thinking that allergy testing may be the way to go on the testing front. Does anyone have any idea how much it costs these days for allergy testing for dogs?

Hopefully, it won't be needed, but I like to be a bit prepared.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Nothing that I know of I only had a banana for a snack abt 8pm

Must be the weather then!

I all but lived on bananas once as I was trying to keep working with the M.E; now I cannot even bear to look at them..
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Just got back from a lovely morning out in the sunshine. A lot milder (still cold, but so much better), but the wind is quite high.

Rosie did a parcel while we were out which was slightly green and slightly mucossy <sp?> so I'm starting to think the problem is possibly food related. She's still very happy in herself though so maybe just a bit of a reaction to the changeover.

If it carries on, or, God forbids, gets worse, I'm thinking that allergy testing may be the way to go on the testing front. Does anyone have any idea how much it costs these days for allergy testing for dogs?

Hopefully, it won't be needed, but I like to be a bit prepared.
You can do a lot with this yourself by giving one food only for a while, usually rice with either chicken or fish; I will ask family as they are the experts.

Their wee dog that was so ill a while back pulled through.it was pancreatitis and she is doing fine on just chicken or turkey breast and electrolytes and naturopathic meds. It was a very near thing.
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »