View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-11-2012, 09:53 AM
It may be dark and miserable outside but do you know what , I feel a lightness of mood and a renewed sense of friendship on Dogsey it's very refreshing and quite like the old days.

I haven't been able to post so much on here of late because of health problems and helping with the three babies. I will do my best to post more when I can .
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
It may be dark and miserable outside but do you know what , I feel a lightness of mood and a renewed sense of friendship on Dogsey it's very refreshing and quite like the old days.

I haven't been able to post so much on here of late because of health problems and helping with the three babies. I will do my best to post more when I can .
Hello Min Nice to "see" you hope you are okay did not know you had issues with your health, get well vibes from Sal and me.
Meg
Supervisor

03-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Hello Min Nice to "see" you hope you are okay did not know you had issues with your health, get well vibes from Sal and me.
Thank you Kazz that is most kind and lovely to see you too...
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Thank you Kazz that is most kind and lovely to see you too...
Back in the day we could have talked forever now I read more than I post
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Good morning everybody

Lynn, you will be surprised how fast the weeks fly by

Well it's a very grey, freezing cold but dry day down here in Cornwall. I struggle with the cold, makes me want to hibernate, this is Not helped by the message I just got from my brother who lives in Cape Town to tell me that it was 30C there yesterday!!

My OH went away about 10 days ago - he is an Aircrewman on the Merlin Helicopter in the Royal Navy and he's on a 6 week deployment. This is the first day that I have been home alone without him as (I've had visitors and been away) and its really weird, I'm used to him going away but it's just strange feeling today!

The dogs are having a lazy day today, they have had a run this morning - and they love the rain and mud!! They are now fast asleep and curled up under blankets and I'm sure that there is a cat in there with them

All of the above is not doing much for my motivation today although I have actually been very productive.

I hope you are all having a good one whatever it is you are doing
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 12:13 PM

I hope you are getting better Min, I bet those babes make you feel better
I'm feeling the lighter mood and friendly atmosphere too. I do hope we can get back to the old Dogsey, the one where we had very little bickering or bitching
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Afternoon all. It's turned out gorgeous here today. Bit chilly but lovely blue sky give it an hour though & no doubt when it's walkies time it will change
I had to go to town this morning to look for some new trousers. I've lost nearly 2 stone this year & all my pants are falling down which would be good if I didn't hate shopping for new ones I only ended up with one new pair & that's all I came home with.

Hope everyone has a good day & all your troubles are little ones.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning H and all.
Lynn big hugs to you today, I know its hard saying goodbye when you are used to be together so much, but try to think he is not off to fight a war he will be home safely before you know it and then you can have fun spending the money for him. I will be thinking of you today and I wish Gordon a good flight and good time out there.
Thoughts to Greyhoundk today and anyone else with poorly dogs.
I will be leaving here about 10past 10 this morning and going to get Kyiro and take him for his bandage change. Worked it out last night in all I will have to travel about 60 miles in total just for a bandage change, its ridiculous really, but has got to be done and it may have to be done every 2 days as well .
H I always have my shower after I have walked the dogs in the mornings, just seems the most practical for me and I then feel fresh for the rest of the day, I just don't get too close to people on that early moring walk in case I'm a bit smelly .
Malka we could do with a little of that heat over here as although dry here at the moment it is down to freezing, don't want it all though as that is really too hot. We could share
Take care everyone and enjoy your day.
Morning Bev, I expect you're busy atm doing the long trip to get Kyiro's bandage sorted out with the vet, hope all goes well, and I hope the wound is good and clean when they take the old one off. Have a good day

Originally Posted by Carole View Post
Good morning all

Its cold up here this morning but we have blue skies so fingers crossed it stays dry today.
Morning Carole although it's afternoon now I suppose!

Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
No such luck down here - cold, grey and very wet!

Even though Oscar is with his Dad I'm up relatively early as I'm stewarding at a show today. No idea where it is so just as well I'm getting a lift.

There's a crazy woman with 2 Borzois who drives me nuts so I know once she arrives all of the "colourful" characters are already there.

Nothing else planned today. As soon as I get back Oscar will be home.
Afternoon Laura hope you enjoy the stewarding, and hope Oscar is home as planned

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Good morning all.

We've got sunshine at the moment, but I think you lot down south are supposed to send us your rain this afternoon (will you please keep it to yourselves, we don't want it!!). We're off soon for breakfast to make the most of the day and then, of course, our usual walk about in town.

Rosie is still getting up at 5.30 am - will someone please tell her the clocks have gone back and that that is way too early.

Nowt wrong with a few tears, Lynn. Not be long before he's back home.

Have a good 'un all
Afternoon Chris, we now have the glorious sunshine you had earlier, clear blue skies, it's definitely tropical today, hope you haven't got the rain we sent you

Good morning one and all.

I have made myself a promise to post on the catsey thread when I can and now seeing as you all here have renewed vigour on your daily here I am "Hello"

Lynn 5 weeks will fly by.......and then you can play the song "driving home for Christmas" for real when you pick him up.

There is a little bit of drizzle here but been out with Sal and got the papers on the way back.

Not got a great deal planned for today still got to return some saucepans.....that the non stick has come off in less than 2 months not impressed.

And the new about New York marathon I think is surprising given New Yorks' "never give in attitude"but have not been watching the events so may catch up on that this weekend.

Thinking of putting a tall larder unit in the kitchen watching Mom struggle to get something out of the bottom cuboard yesterday - may well pop over to work get the bits and put it together today in fact will I think. Came to me on the way to get the papers this morning - think and action could be my watch word for the weekend.

Hope everyone is good - I feel on top of the world, no idea why may also have a bit of abrowse around our Christmas presents have a money limit this year £20 a person.....so of to have a look around so I can see what I fancy......and have a look for Mom. Looking for handcream - she likes in fact I know exactly where to get it House Fraser. But always worth a wander around with no stress.
Looking forward to Christmas this year. Less is more, and of course Halloween went well we were decorated and kids who called were brilliant and very polite.

So have a good day all. Fish and and chips for dinner tonight I think from the chippy, or could be homemade curry not sure which yet.

Just a question I though Vicki started the daily thread on here I do hope all is okay?
Afternoon Kazz Enjoy all that Christmas browsing this afternoon Vicki is around somewhere, just that she stopped doing it, so we kind of took over If she wants it back, she's welcome, but then again, she could have a fight on her hands now that we have extended the hours, we kinda like it

Originally Posted by lore View Post
Morning all,

*Hugs* Lynne, 4 or 5 weeks will soon fly in and Gordon will be back before you know it.

Everyone else, I hope you all have a nice day.

It's beautiful here today, but bladdy cold, the cars have all got a layer of frost on them. I'm going to hang out washing, I know it sounds mad, I know the washing won't dry but it will dry faster when it comes in later and will smell better

Other than that, the plan is to gut the house of all the items that will go into my car is still on, there's not very much that will actually fit in the car but I will try. I didn't get anything done last night, was too shattered after work. Never mind, I'll have a go

I think after that I will be cleaning upstairs and trying to organise my office a bit better.
Afternoon Lorraine I wish we had some of your frost, although we can put up with this glorious sunshine for now even if the ground is still all soggy. Enjoy the rest of your busy day.

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Morning All xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope you have a great day, unlike us having to put up with rain and I have to work outside today cleaning out animals

Huge hugs Lynn xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Afternoon Steph Hope you've done all those outside jobs with all the animals and can put your feet up for the rest of the day......maybe? No, not you!!!!

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Oh what a beautiful morninggggg. Sun shining, blue skies just bloomin cold! Never mind it is November.

Huge hugs Lynn and Gorden. We are here for you Lynn.
Thinking of all of you with problems today, be they doggy or human.
Hope you all have a good weekend
Afternoon Jen Blimey, somebody's happy today, are those great grandchildren coming over for lunch or summat???

Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Morning all

It is a cold but fairly bright one here today. They are shooting again today, so I will have to plan my dog walks carefully. I have also promised to take the boys to the park and possibly to a bonfire/fireworks display this evening. It is a bit of a drive away though, so will see if I can be bothered later

Hugs Lynn - Gorden will be back before you know it, but it is understandable that you are going to be upset and will miss him x

Enjoy your day everyone.
Afternoon Kirsty, stay safe with all that shooting going on around you up there, and if you do go, enjoy the fireworks

Originally Posted by Manyana13 View Post
Good morning everybody

Lynn, you will be surprised how fast the weeks fly by

Well it's a very grey, freezing cold but dry day down here in Cornwall. I struggle with the cold, makes me want to hibernate, this is Not helped by the message I just got from my brother who lives in Cape Town to tell me that it was 30C there yesterday!!

My OH went away about 10 days ago - he is an Aircrewman on the Merlin Helicopter in the Royal Navy and he's on a 6 week deployment. This is the first day that I have been home alone without him as (I've had visitors and been away) and its really weird, I'm used to him going away but it's just strange feeling today!

The dogs are having a lazy day today, they have had a run this morning - and they love the rain and mud!! They are now fast asleep and curled up under blankets and I'm sure that there is a cat in there with them

All of the above is not doing much for my motivation today although I have actually been very productive.

I hope you are all having a good one whatever it is you are doing
Afternoon Manyana You and Lynn have something in common now then with your husband away for the next 6 weeks, but I'm sure you'll both keep yourselves busy somehow, but I can understand how strange it must feel.

Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Afternoon all. It's turned out gorgeous here today. Bit chilly but lovely blue sky give it an hour though & no doubt when it's walkies time it will change
I had to go to town this morning to look for some new trousers. I've lost nearly 2 stone this year & all my pants are falling down which would be good if I didn't hate shopping for new ones I only ended up with one new pair & that's all I came home with.

Hope everyone has a good day & all your troubles are little ones.
Afternoon Lynne Blimey, you've lost some weight there haven't you, well done on that Maybe if you've been trying on lots of pairs of trousers down the town, you can now order online knowing what size you really are now! Having said that, they do vary so much in different shops don't they, but good luck in getting some more somewhen, somehow
Meg
Supervisor

03-11-2012, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I have also promised to take the boys to the park and possibly to a bonfire/fireworks display this evening. It is a bit of a drive away though, so will see if I can be bothered later
I hope your little ones enjoy the fireworks Moobli Chloe and I will be doing our best to avoid them..

Back in the day we could have talked forever now I read more than I post
Indeed Kazz
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I hope you are getting better Min, I bet those babes make you feel better
:
Thank you Nippy they do and I will be seeing them all soon.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 01:15 PM
Morning all - er maybe that should be good afternoon now.
It's been hissing down here again as it has been pretty much all week. Bill was going up on the roof to get on with the terrace (ongoing job now in it's third year!) but as he has man flu and the weather is stinky he's been watching war stuff all day.....sigh.......I should go and do some shopping but really can't be bothered. Have downloaded some kindle books for both of us. I'm going to Rugby next week for a family visit so looking forward to seeing my family, although tbh a week will probably be enough! lol.... the dogs are lying at my feet as I type. Have just put details of GSD Carly on a re-homing website which is bitter and sweet as you can imagine.....have a good day everyone and not too many tears Lynn otherwise you'll be blocked up and get a headache and feel even worse...... xxx
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »