Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by jols View Post
I just voted for DOGLOST no idea what they do but as long as the money dont go overseas......

Words fail me
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Words fail me

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
WHY i dont want to give to those in other countries, is because in most of them, their own people do not help (or want to help) them... so why should we do it for them? We have enough problems in this country to deal with, so as far as i am concerned, they should be helped first. While people in this country are starving, or homeless due to no fault of their own, or old people die during winter coz they can afford the heating etc etc, i will always support helping people in this country, rather than another.

If this country had no problems[/COLOR], and everyone had what they need (within reason), then i would have no problem with that... but we have lots of problems in this country.
Nail and head for me there too Lozzibear! Why aren't we helping those poor unfortunates having to live on OUR streets, let alone streets in other countries Clean up your own act inhouse before you start sorting out other people's problems I say! Sticking our noses in yet again! It's their country, THEIR own governments, their own taxes, so let them deal with it! It's not our fault their corrupt governments have squandered the money, if they don't like it, they can move on, just like hundreds of others have had to do
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 09:22 PM
I don't give to charities that aren't in this country.
I believe charity begins at home - we have LOTS of problems in this country - same as other countries we have people with no food, homes, malnourished/abused kids, people who can't get the right medical treatment etc etc.

I used to have a friend who was from South Africa.....she was once telling me about it over there.......as you know, HIV/aids is rife......the people were offered free condoms and education on how/why to use them, so they could still have safe sex, but no...they refused to take them, having unsafe sex, and passing HIV/aids to their unborn kids!
Why should we offer more help if they turn things down that can save lives?!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 09:33 PM
I dont understand is it the poor targeting of our aid that some object too or the giving at all???

I donate to several charities every month because I am in the fortunate position of being able to, 2 of them do work abroad and work that does make a difference, it was a case of researching properly. How can this be wrong.

Also I dont believe in regrets but if I had to live life over I wish I had nursed abroad for a few years before settling down as people need help regardless of what their own governments do and just because they dont care doesnt mean I shouldn't.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
I don't give to charities that aren't in this country.
I used to have a friend who was from South Africa.....she was once telling me about it over there.......as you know, HIV/aids is rife......the people were offered free condoms and education on how/why to use them, so they could still have safe sex, but no...they refused to take them, having unsafe sex, and passing HIV/aids to their unborn kids!
Why should we offer more help if they turn things down that can save lives?!

& is/was this person black or white ?

& that is also available in the UK yet there are still "unplanned"underage pregnancies, HIV passed on, STDs etc etc etc
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Words fail me
Thats a first
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 11:17 PM
& is/was this person black or white ?

& that is also available in the UK yet there are still "unplanned"underage pregnancies, HIV passed on, STDs etc etc etc
Black - not that it makes a difference.

Yes, it is available over here and we still have it.......but they have orphanages just for kids with HIV/aids because there are so many being born with it.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 12:28 AM
I believe too much money goes to overseas charities - there are so many in Britain who could do with the help.

I honestly think that as a country we are so caught up in being PC that we fail to see the bigger picture in our own country!
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 12:41 AM
I watched a documentary about Africa, homosexuality in Africa when that male couple were arrested for being a couple - the religious implication of contraception etc is more than people in this country could fathom.

I think its incredibly sad, I feel very lucky that I was born into a free country, I believe that we as a country are greedy, and we should do as much as we can to help those who are struggling elsewhere. I don't believe that we shouldn't, imagine something dreadful happens in Britain, I'm talking much worse than our recession.... I would like to think that others would help us, but as a country we wouldn't deserve it if we hadn't done our bit elsewhere.
Page 5 of 19 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »