Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
They just have child after child knowing they cannot feed themselves properly let alone a child. They know thier water supply is bad or non existant, they know they will be born into disease, but still they keep having more and more children knowing they can't give them a quality of life if a life at all.
They don't have free contraception like our country though. I also wish our country would stop having child after child too!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

19-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by jols View Post
Sorry but I do not agree, we as a nation are not responsible for any other nation.
I only wish the people in charge had the guts to say so and carry it through.
It's not about whether we see ourselves as "responsible for any other nation." It's about whether we're the kind of country/person to want and choose to help another that's considerably less fortunate than ourselves (once again, with all the provisos about aid being correctly and effectively delivered, making a difference, and so on).

To me it's the difference between having an inward-looking mindset and an outward looking one. Between meanness and generosity. Responsibility is just a smokescreen. Not recognising the huge inequality of wealth and insisting that the UK can't afford to help or needs to first get its own house in order before doing so - in my opinion this is not only an untrue picture of Britain's ability to help, but also represents a mean-spirited, inward-looking attitude that goes against everything I stand for, and it's an attitude that lies at the root of so many of the world's problems.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
They don't have free contraception like our country though. I also wish our country would stop having child after child too!
Saying no is the best form of contraception and yes I agree with you about this country too, although I don't think most here tend to have as many as some of the poorer countries.
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post

Agreed they don't and I wonder sometimes where they get the energy from to create a child.
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
It's not about whether we see ourselves as "responsible for any other nation." It's about whether we're the kind of country/person to want and choose to help another that's considerably less fortunate than ourselves (once again, with all the provisos about aid being correctly and effectively delivered, making a difference, and so on).

To me it's the difference between having an inward-looking mindset and an outward looking one. Between meanness and generosity. Responsibility is just a smokescreen. Not recognising the huge inequality of wealth and insisting that the UK can't afford to help or needs to first get its own house in order before doing so - in my opinion this is not only an untrue picture of Britain's ability to help, but also represents a mean-spirited, inward-looking attitude that goes against everything I stand for, and it's an attitude that lies at the root of so many of the world's problems.
If not wanting to help them is mean sprited then so be it.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2010, 04:39 PM
My simple answer is "no".

I was listening to David Cameron answering questions yesterday afternoon to some board or other, and he mentioned about foreign aid having gone UP in this current crisis of ours, and apparently, all is not what it seems, we only do it to save ourselves further costs further on down the line if we DON'T help them out - apparently!

Soon there won't be anybody too help out will there, coz they'll all be over here anyway!!!!!

I wonder who is gonna help US out if God forbid something catastrophic hits our country then???!!! That'll be interesting won't it! It's always us, us, us who helps everybody else out, even the war in Afghanistan we're building schools etc. etc. errrr why? I thought we were there to kill off Al Quaieda?! Same with Iraq, look what we did over there and at what cost, and yet we can't even repair our own schools, but we can build nice, new ones for other countries

Why can't we just keep our nose out of other people's affairs and get on with our own!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I was listening to David Cameron answering questions yesterday afternoon to some board or other, and he mentioned about foreign aid having gone UP in this current crisis of ours, and apparently, all is not what it seems, we only do it to save ourselves further costs further on down the line if we DON'T help them out - apparently!

Soon there won't be anybody too help out will there, coz they'll all be over here anyway!!!!!

I wonder who is gonna help US out if God forbid something catastrophic hits our country then???!!! That'll be interesting won't it! It's always us, us, us who helps everybody else out, even the war in Afghanistan we're building schools etc. etc. errrr why? I thought we were there to kill off Al Quaieda?! Same with Iraq, look what we did over there and at what cost, and yet we can't even repair our own schools, but we can build nice, new ones for other countries

Why can't we just keep our nose out of other people's affairs and get on with our own!
I`m with you H, a very loud NO!!!

I have no problems with disaster funding, when and if its needed, but dishing out all this aid to countries that , those who need it dont even see it, then No,.

We have enough problems here, we are in debt up to our eye balls, we need to look to our own first, the NHS, old folk, and so on and so on.

I heard on the news this morning, a French minister (or someone) has asked Cameron to stop handing out benifits to all these illegal/legal immigrants that are piling up in France, hoping that by us stopping giving them hand out,s they will stop going into France.

Sort our own country out first, give the money to troops so they can protect themselves with the right gear, the Army/Navy and Air force, we are running on dilapidated equipment, with cuts left right and centre.

If we get to the point in the future where we are out of the s**t , then by all means, spread it around, but at the moment NO!!!!!!!!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post

Thats cos we are in the EU. Dont you know, its only the wefare in this country we will have to be cut (after making millions more unemployed) but we have money to help others just not our own then
Soon there won't be anybody too help out will there, coz they'll all be over here anyway!!!!! or we will be giving them the money anywayI wonder who is gonna help US out if God forbid something catastrophic hits our country then???!!! That'll be interesting won't it! It's always us, us, us who helps everybody else out, even the war in Afghanistan we're building schools etc. etc. errrr why? To make up for the fact that we have blown their parents up all because of oil, ahem, I mean weapons of mass destruction, oh no, Sadam, or no actually its Al Queda I thought we were there to kill off Al Quaieda?! Same with Iraq, look what we did over there and at what cost, and yet we can't even repair our own schools, but we can build nice, new ones for other countries yes but we made a tidy profit selling them weapons to fight us back after we invaded them illegallyWhy can't we just keep our nose out of other people's affairs and get on with our own!
because thats not how the rich make money
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2010, 06:37 PM
At the end of the day, its all in the plan for the rish to get richer and keep us minions where we should be and worse.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by jols View Post
Sorry but I do not agree, we as a nation are not responsible for any other nation.
I only wish the people in charge had the guts to say so and carry it through.
Did you do history of the British Empire at school ?? From your opinions given on here it would appear not.

This country got very rich on the backs of third world countries that made up the British Empire, we traded in human lives, took their resources & used the people as our servants & second class.

For example Liverpool, Bristol, Glasgow etc only grew & became important on the vile & evil trade in human lives

You think that the corrupt regimes we left behind have nothing to do with this country ???

It is so sad that people do not understand the unending debt we owe the peoples of the countries we once ruled
Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »