View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Where does it say this woman is an Asylum seeker?
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Havent read the whole article so i may be stating the obvious here but where is the father of the kids or are they by different fathers ? and why aren't they supporting their offspring.

Haven't got a problem with genuine asylum seekers but when you see young afghan men queing up in France to get to Britain and our young men are over there dying fighting their war it does rile me i'm afraid. It also riles me that people come here and have not contributed to our system whatsoever and get benefits, free health care etc etc and that includes Britsh people as well.

The Government should limit child benefit as well to stop people breeding like flies, if you want hoards of kids and you can support them then fair enough
I agree with this. If you can pay for them, fine. If you can't, don't have them. Far too many people have kids as their meal ticket. It's disgusting.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
I acn assure you child benefit doesnt cover a days food, so dont know how you could limit that. Its also something for a parent to use for the child, so should never be limited.
I disagree. Quite often they don't use it for the child. Often it gets used for fags, alcohol and drugs and if it was unlimited...well....I'm sure you don't need me to explain that one! And if someone can't afford one child, then they shouldn't be having anymore and relying on the state. And that goes for the father of the child also, not just the mother.

Mine certainly didn't use the child benefit money on me, let me tell you! And where I was brought up, quite a lot of other parents didn't either!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Where does it say this woman is an Asylum seeker?
She might not be, but there are plenty of them who screw the system and bleed it dry!
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
It is the governments fault I agree, you wouldn't have this happening in the US. I agree with asylum seekers being allowed to come here if they are genuinely in fear for their lives - they don't have to bring the whole family though....just a thought!
IME of working with Asylum seekers in hostels (the usual time they waited for a property of their own was in excess of a year and they were the pits - mould, damp, cramped and i could go on), Usually the whole family will also be in fear as they will usually be punished also.
But on a humanitarian note, how would you feel in that situation and would you be happy to have to be parted from your whole family forever, usually because you just held a different view from the government at that time, for example

This case although clearly wrong, is in the minority, but im sad to say the tabloid papers exploit this to the full, because lets face it shes a she, a muslim, a single mother among other things and isnt that what the daily mail targets on a regular basis and what quite obviously gets peoples anger out on easily...same old attitudes im ashamed to say
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
She might not be, but there are plenty of them who screw the system and bleed it dry!
There of plenty of everyone that do wrong!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2010, 09:31 PM
There of plenty of everyone that do wrong!
Yes, indeed there are. I didn't say for one minute that it was just asylum seekers who screw the systema and I'm not naive enough to think otherwise.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-02-2010, 09:33 PM
I disagree. Quite often they don't use it for the child. Often it gets used for fags, alcohol and drugs and if it was unlimited...well....I'm sure you don't need me to explain that one! And if someone can't afford one child, then they shouldn't be having anymore and relying on the state. And that goes for the father of the child also, not just the mother.

Mine certainly didn't use the child benefit money on me, let me tell you! And where I was brought up, quite a lot of other parents didn't either!
But there are many parents that do and i can certainly say it helps a lot for me to have an extra tenner a week, it is spent on food on the whole for my family and its a wonderful benefit, that supports are future generation.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Yes, indeed there are. I didn't say for one minute that it was just asylum seekers who screw the systema and I'm not naive enough to think otherwise.
Then maybe we can drop the whole asylum seeker thing as it has no relevance to this thread.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2010, 09:42 PM
But there are many parents that do and i can certainly say it helps a lot for me to have an extra tenner a week, it is spent on food on the whole for my family and its a wonderful benefit, that supports are future generation.
Yes, I know that. It's the people who churn out kid after kid and always expect the state to pick up the tab and pay for their offspring. If they can't afford, then they shouldn't have them.

There are far too many families who don't work and don't intend to work and they churn out sprog after sprog and think the government (us taxpayers) is their personal bank account. And so the generations continue like that. Generation after generation. It's getting worse. They think the state owes them a living when really they should go and find a job like the rest of us! I'm sure they aren't all incapable of working.

In fact, we have a family just like that across they street from us! None of them work, there a generations of them living in that house and they often have better stuff than we do! And I work 6 days a week and my 68 year old gran workd 9-3 5 days a week, just to make ends meet. It makes me really angry and there are many like them, many are British and many are asylum seekers.
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »