View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2010, 12:58 PM
I`ve had housing benefit a few times - there`s a limit usually. How did she get round that?
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2010, 01:16 PM
That about sums up everything that is wrong with this country.
I know some people genuinely struggle on benefits, but come on, why do we have to pay for someone's unprotected sex?
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Why is this not surprising?

Actually, I'm not even going to start because if I do I won't stop! This kind of thing makes my blood boil.

I'd have her sterilised for a start!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Why is this not surprising?

Actually, I'm not even going to start because if I do I won't stop! This kind of thing makes my blood boil.

I'd have her sterilised for a start!
You know you want to.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
You know you want to.
I do actually, I really do, but I had a good rant about it this morning when I seen it in the papers, so I kinda got it out my system........for a while anyway.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2010, 06:19 PM
it just proves how screwed up the benefits system really is, those that need it dont get it or miss it by a few pounds and then others get everything they want.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Just read this.

Am speechless, but not surprised. Those who are most in need don't get and those who know how to play the system and are prepared to do so reap more benefits than those who work full time in a 2 income household.

Child number 7 will no doubt be along soon. She may need help but it should only be given when she is prepared to pursue the fatherS of the children for financial help for THEIR sprogs and it should not be to the tune of more per week than my household gets in a month
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Just read this.

Am speechless, but not surprised. Those who are most in need don't get and those who know how to play the system and are prepared to do so reap more benefits than those who work full time in a 2 income household.

Child number 7 will no doubt be along soon. She may need help but it should only be given when she is prepared to pursue the fatherS of the children for financial help for THEIR sprogs and it should not be to the tune of more per week than my household gets in a month
Agreed!
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Genius! How did she manage that one?! Completely ridiculously unfair!!!!!!!
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
Shes "entitled to a 5 bedroom house"!!!! OMG! I just dont get it, there is no consistancy at all with people recieving benefits....some are so poor they cant eat and others have this??
By the way it has nothing to do with how many kids you have really.....I know someone with 4 kids in a two bedroom house...the mum sleeps on the sofa and she has hardly any money at all! It all depends which council your under and unfortunatly where you are from and what colour you are.

Re the highlighted part. Why? im not at all aware that that means anything with regard benefits and housing.
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »