Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2014, 03:24 PM

Introducing new pups

As promised here are some pics of my new additions, they're 6 months old and are brother and sister. They are mongrels and are crossed between Saluki, Collie and Lurcher and think they also have a double coat as they almost seem to have wool

Peanut (brindle)
He hasn't been getting on too well with the small pets but i am doing sessions with leave it and removal from the room, unfortunately he may have to go back if there's no improvement by next weekend as my other pets are all terrified.
He absolutely loves squeakers which is driving me mad already, he also terrifies the locals as he gets very excited and starts lunging to meet people and other dogs but i'm also working on that.
He hates being trained and would rather sleep instead and isn't as bright as his sister

Maddie
She's definitely the one who loves cuddles and is very food and toy oriented and is doing great with training (she knows leave it, sit and touch since sunday). She is settling in really well and often pushes Peanut off the sofa to get cuddles. She is nervous of cars when walking alone but i'm sure it's one of those things she will understand soon (been in kennels most of her life) whereas Peanut chases them! (and cyclists!)

Any pictures!!

In the car on the way home (the rescue only gave us slip leads, i have now got them flat collars and leads)

Peanut just out of the bath

Maddie out of the bath

Maddie fell of the duvet!

Arguing over the same toy (unfortunately it's a squeaker)

I got up to go to bed; she didn't even wake up...

They do get a bit on anxiety when we go to bed at night so at the moment we are taking it in turns to stay with them until they settle down (once they ignore the rodents they will be crate trained in my bedroom).
I took Peanut for a walk before i tried him with the guineas earlier (obviously the hamster is asleep) and luckily he went into a play bow but he starts barking which is what's scared everyone.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2014, 03:45 PM
What adorable doggies!! I've been waiting for these pics for quite some time. They have settled in nicely already. Very happy to see this
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-04-2014, 08:40 PM
Both are absolutely beautiful!! I love their faces. Very cute.
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2014, 10:27 PM
Thanks, they are different bless them. Just hope it works out with Peanut!
i especially love Maddie's eyebrows which are more noticeable in the 4th pic as she has black lines
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2014, 11:14 PM
They are very attractive dogs - love the baby meerkat too!
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-04-2014, 11:14 PM
Peanut (on looks alone) gets my vote but they both look adorable.

I suspect they're going to enjoy running together.
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2014, 06:01 AM
It's great watching them in the garden as they truly wrestle each other although Maddie is getting a bit annoyed with Peanut as he wants to play chase all the time whereas she wants to play fetch so he usually rugby tackles her when she's chasing the toy
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2014, 06:51 AM
Lovely and much admiration for you for giving them a lovely home.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-04-2014, 08:03 AM
They are both adorable! I do hope that Peanut accepts your other pets and stops frightening them so both he and Maddie can stay together with you. xx
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2014, 10:19 AM
They are beautiful
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >