Female 

26-01-2006, 04:39 PM

JWB and weaning

any one else weaned on this food.....poop stinks and quite soft
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 10:58 AM
The more I think about JWB maybe it's because you need to feed twice as much that the pups have soft poo? They are overfull, Twice as much goes in so twice as much has to come out........lol. I've used it with past litters and had major problems with upset tummies, even to the extent of having to starve them and give rehydrating sachets, never had a problem with Burns mini-bites and haven't really tried anything else, so can't comment.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 02:27 PM
thanks CC .............I think i have lost the plot DOH
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 08:16 PM
Never tried JWB with our pups. A few years ago we were advised to use eukanuba puppy and our pups skitted for England, i had to keep washing them as they were constantly pooping and skidding through it. We changed the food after a couple of days to pedigree advance and it cleared straight away. I use Arden Grange puppy now but at first the pups are a bit soft even on this, some of the puppy foods are just to rich i think. I used to use meat and biscuits years ago and never had a problem with loose stools with the pups. Never tried Burns but it isn,t as rich as most other puppy foods so maybe a good one to try
Hiya boi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2006, 09:37 AM
I use Beta puppy and mine are fine on this
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2006, 03:25 AM
i use Burns mini-bites and it works fine for me and i dont think i would change now

i think that Pritty kittie uses JWBL
Pretty Kitty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-02-2006, 11:06 PM
I wean onto raw as my girls are raw fed and slowly introduce JWB as they get a little older and ready for their new homes. Never had a problem with it. I like it and so do the pups. althought they prefer raw given the chance
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2006, 02:03 AM
i do the same as you Pk and mine are the same raw chicken or burns and they would pick the chicken