MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 03:29 PM

Does your vet know??

That you RAW feed?

Does it matter?

What was their reaction?

Just realised I haven't told my vet....first time I met him and he asked, she was on burns kibble.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Mine know, they didn't really care, gave me appropriate advice when I asked a diet-related question (Casper had a tummy bug, he advised me to feed something gentle, I asked if raw chicken was OK as he was raw fed and he said it was fine if it was something he was used to), and I wouldn't let them dictate to me on the subject unless they'd studied it independantly to the few bits they learn in their regular studies and could give me convincing arguments against it.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 04:11 PM
My vet knows and he's never commented. The other vet at the practice was slightly horrified though. I try not to see him unless I have to.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-11-2011, 04:17 PM
The only thing my Vet queried was about feeding raw chicken wings, but he has now accepted my views on the subject and as Pereg seems to be doing fine he is more than happy for me to continue feeding her raw and bones etc.
firesrye
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-11-2011, 04:24 PM
My vet isnt keen but then she did have to preform an emergancy op on Freya who got a lamb bone stuck in the opening to her stomach, but even they she dosnt really comment
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 04:34 PM
My vet does know, and didn't really bother... she just told me to watch that his diet is balanced etc. It's not something I really mention to them, and only did coz of his food allergies... He is never there anymore.
tilskie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-11-2011, 04:38 PM
My vet knows and she agreed if the dogs are fed properly they can do very well, she has had to operate on animals with bones stuck or causing blockages, also compacted bowels. She gave me some good advice and said about pro's and con's but she did not tell me not to do it.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Urm the vets receptionist knows as I had rung up about something and she asked about his diet, she didn't really comment but then the whole tone of her voice didn't really want me to say much to her..

But the vets don't know and tbh unless it causes a big enough problem - it's not really got anything to do with them and like Karly - unless they can provide a better argument than what they give (I've heard they give) then really they have nothing to go on and it's my choice..
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Mine don't know. It's never come up and to be perfectly honest I don't really feel like arguing about it with a language barrier in the way. They know he has allergies but haven't asked what I feed. I wouldn't lie if they did ask but I wouldn't allow them to sway me into changing back to kibble either, not unless they had a damn good reason.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Mine does and she's very supportive But I've seen other vets who have be horrified...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >