Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2008, 01:38 PM

Streeter withdraws his appeal

You may recall the thread I had up here about William Streeter who over a period of two days beat, kicked and hung his wife's golden retriever pup to it's death as part of his ongoing torture of her. (She has since left him.)

He was sentenced to 6months for this act and threatening to kill his wife back in July and had put in an appeal which was to take place today.

He withdrew his appeal.

More info here;
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7591910.stm

EDIT: I must just add: Thank you to everyone that signed the petition. Over 3300 signatures were collected. xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Ghastly man. I sincerely hope he gets some "special" treatment whilst in chokey!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2008, 03:38 PM
i cant believe he only got 6 months - what a sick individual.

poor puppy. run free sweetie
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
He was sentenced to 6months for this act and threatening to kill his wife back in July and had put in an appeal which was to take place today.

He withdrew his appeal.

EDIT: I must just add: Thank you to everyone that signed the petition. Over 3300 signatures were collected. xx
Oh Evie, thanks so much for this update, and thank God the appeal didn't go ahead, 'tho as we all agree on here the sentance was totally inadequate to the crime.

BTW I signed the petition, sent an e-mail and a hard copy letter to the court and have had no reply or even a standard computer generated letter of acknowledgement.

I am considering writing to the Lord Chancellor (He is the head of the judiciary in the UK isn't he ) I thought I might send it via the British Ambassodor in Prague, that might stir things up a bit
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Thank you so much for the update Evie. I agree with you all 6 months is nothing for what he did to that poor pup and his ex wife. Lets hope his new pals in prison find out what a monster he is, hopefully someone might let him know what it feels like to be on the other end of a steel capped boot!
sallyinlancs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-09-2008, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the update Evie!! So glad we all decided to lobby the courts on this - 3000 signatures on the petition is excellent! Now all we need to do is lobby parliament for tougher sentencing for cruelty cases like this one.........
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2008, 09:42 AM
I think he probably figured out that he didn't stand a chance with his appeal. At least the sentence stands, all be it a totally inadequate one. I wonder how much of it will be actually spent in prison.

And a ten year ban from owning animals. Monsters like this should NEVER be allowed to own one ever.
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Ghastly man. I sincerely hope he gets some "special" treatment whilst in chokey!
Ditto, what a total sicko, how could anyone do this. RIP sweet puppy xx