Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mcv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-02-2011, 04:23 PM

Walkin toby.....up date

I posted a while ago because walking toby wasnt as i envisaged and i got some really helpfull advice here and i thought i would up date you on how its progressing.

I origionally wanted to start lead training Toby straight away but when i took him out it didnt go to plan because Toby was quite scared of.... most things really.

So my plan was to get him used to cars, and take him for short walks gradually getting longer.

Well to get him more familiar with cars he's been sitting on the windowsil with the window very slightly open so he can hear them too and when cars went past he got a treat, i live on an estate so cars go past but not too many.

I took him for short walks down to a local field, about a 2 minute walk at times when there a virtually no cars about, had a good kick about on the field then walked home.If i take another route its a 5 minute walk to the field which is what we are doing now, again at times when there a few cars on the road. He is doing very well he's not too bothered by the cars that go past.
Next i am going to take him the short route when i know people will be coming home from work, and if he deals with that ok then we shall move back to the longer route.
I am doing some heel work at home and soon will put both together.
I am so proud of him, he's doing really well, this is a massive improvement in just a few weeks.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Great work. Well done and I hope the progress continues.
BTW you can get setbacks. If you do, just go back a step and carry on.